AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colorcloud Palace / Saiunkoku Monogatari

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Colorcloud Palace / Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Colorcloud Palace / Saiunkoku Monogatari Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:28 pm

kyo

kyo

This show has aired on Animax I believe... dunno how far though... One of the best historical drama type I have seen.... has everything... Humor... political intrigue.... some fights... oddball and cool characters.... some good music too....

Wiki Ripoff...

Set in the fictional empire of Saiunkoku, the story centers on Shurei Hong, a descendant of a noble family that has fallen on hard times.
Her father works as a librarian in the Imperial palace, a post which offers prestige and respect, but little compensation. Shurei teaches in the temple school and works odd jobs to make ends meet, but her dream is to pass the imperial examinations and take a post in government, a path forbidden to women.
Shurei's plans come to an abrupt halt when the Emperor's Grand Advisor makes a startling offer for her to join the imperial household for six months as the young Emperor's consort and teach the Emperor to be a responsible ruler. If she succeeds, the financial reward will be great.
The story details Shurei's growing relationship with the Emperor and other members of the court, the intrigues of imperial politics, and her commitment to better herself and her country.

Must watch IMO...

MayFlower

MayFlower

Ah yea I used to watch this series on Animax...but not regularly. Sad

Spoiler:

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

Spoiler:

I've watched both seasons of this show. xD And for the last few episodes that weren't subbed, I watched them raw.

But somehow, the ending wasn't exactly what I wanted it to be.

It was a good show nonetheless. =]

kyo

kyo

Does anyone know if the light novels have been translated? I would love to get a hold of em....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]