My Neighbor Totoro Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Neighbor Totoro

2 posters

Go down

My Neighbor Totoro Empty My Neighbor Totoro

Post by kyo Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:44 am

In case people have not noticed.... the Logo of Ghibli Studios happens to be a couple of Totoros...

Really one of the cutest/sweetest anime movies I have ever seen... Wiki Ripoff...

In 1958, the Kusakabe family reunites when a university professor and his two daughters, Satsuki and Mei, move into an old house in rural Japan to be closer to the hospital where his wife is recovering from an illness. The daughters find that the house is inhabited by tiny animated dust creatures called soot sprites—small house spirits seen when moving from light to dark places. When the girls become comfortable in their new house and laugh with their father, the soot spirits leave.
While she is playing outside one day, the younger daughter, Mei, sees two white, rabbit-like ears in the grass. She follows the ears under the house where she discovers two small magical creatures, who lead her through a briar patch, and into the hollow of a large Camphor Laurel tree. She meets and befriends a larger version of the same kind of spirit, which identifies itself by a series of roars she interprets as "Totoro" (in the original Japanese dub, it stems from Mei's mispronunciation of the Japanese pronunciation of the word "troll"). Her father later tells her that this is the "keeper of the forest".

This is one of those anime movies which should be made mandatory viewing.... enough said....
kyo
kyo

Personal Message : I go where I please. I please where I go.
Male Posts : 567

Back to top Go down

My Neighbor Totoro Empty Re: My Neighbor Totoro

Post by DIE HARD Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:22 pm

Did ya like the cat bus kyo?? I thought the whole thing was fascinating. Yep...another Miyazaki masterpiece.
DIE HARD
DIE HARD

Personal Message : whatcha gonna do when I come for you?
Male Capricorn Posts : 205
Birthday : 1988-01-18

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kyo Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:28 pm

I liked the whole concept... it just gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling to watch this movie.... (as do most of his movies)..... Cat-buus was awesome.... but my favorite scene is from the poster when they are waiting at the bus stop..... that was hilarious....
kyo
kyo

Personal Message : I go where I please. I please where I go.
Male Posts : 567

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum