AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owl City

+4
heavealie
Red
Aceviper
kyo
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Owl City Empty Owl City Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:43 am

kyo

kyo

A friend of mine put me onto this 'band' recently.... some really good stuff.... personal favorite was the song Firefiles... video is pretty cool.... you might find it a bit tough to swallow at first... but I am pretty sure most will like it... in any event... his lyrics are pretty good... not the typical English fare you can usually find floating around...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4JLa0hbUw

Yeah its a Youtube link... so sue me.... actually.... please dont....

2Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:30 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Dude. There's nothing wrong with a youtube link. You could have embedded the link too. The forum is damn user-friendly in terms otherwise not thought of.

OWL CITY! I'M COMING FOR YA! (After Green Day. Need to finish downloading three more albums of theirs.)

3Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:47 am

kyo

kyo

So I am guessing you liked Fireflies.....

4Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Fireflies was nice. But Hello Seatle was pointless. The lyrics didnt make much sense. Hello Seatle Remix version was at least more catchy because of the music. Most of their songs - and that's nearly 80% of their songs (from all three albums), have a similar tune - cant really explain it now, at least through words. The singer's voice was irritating in some songs when he started to sing REALLY out of context material.

Plus the voice of the singer is the type you can't listen for to long. You'll need some differnt voice to move you from the monotony of his voice - pansy-ish at times.

Fireflies was a nice song. And so was Saltwater Room, Super Honeymoon, Dear Vienna, Westcoast Freindship and Captains and Cruise ships.

I'm not saying that they are useless, but they don't have the 'grasping' effect in their songs enough to make you want to listen to their songs again and again and again. There are songs which you dont really get tired of listening to even if you hear it repeatedly for 10 times. For me, Daniel Bedingfield's "Wrap my words around you" is a song like that - countless times I've heard it, and I wouldn't mind hearing it for another time still. Or like Kiss From a Rose, and so on.

I'll hear their songs again and give you a list of the ones I think were the best IMO. (Apart from the ones I have mentioned up there, that is.)

5Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:22 pm

kyo

kyo

Course not... I listen to it a couple times tops... but it really somehow lifts my mood.... I guess its just different from the usual Hip Hop BS that keeps playing on the radio here....

6Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:00 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Quite frankly not my kind of music. It sounds like the guy was spending way too much time with Fruity Loops.

I've only heard Fireflies and Hello Seattle and both sounded kinda soothing, I'll give you that. But still, I'm gonna avoid any songs from this guy in the future.

@Ace: If Fireflies is a good song, then so's Hello Seattle. And yes all (ie, both) of his songs sound very similar. Could be Fruity Loops. Has to be it!

AceViper wrote:Kiss From a Rose
Seal's Kiss From a Rose?

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN!!!!

7Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:39 am

The music is soothing. It does lift your spirits, even if sometimes the lyrics are kind of depressing.

I had no idea that Owl City was so popular. Some girl linked me and I just listened and liked, and later I find out that Fireflies made it to #1 xD

I enjoy this guy's music. He's one of the few people that I actually like to listen to more than one song of. If you know what I mean....

I was kind of surprised to find out it was just ONE person in his parent's basement. I would have thought more than one at least. But it's all cool. =]

8Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:32 pm

heavealie

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

yup owl city is really good.fireflies,the saltwater room and dental care are really good.soothing music and lyrics.

http://heavealie.blogspot.com/

9Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:49 am

Selenium_Glow

Selenium_Glow
INACTIVE MEMBER!
INACTIVE MEMBER!

Red wrote:
Quite frankly not my kind of music. It sounds like the guy was spending way too much time with Fruity Loops.

I've only heard Fireflies and Hello Seattle and both sounded kinda soothing, I'll give you that. But still, I'm gonna avoid any songs from this guy in the future.

@Ace: If Fireflies is a good song, then so's Hello Seattle. And yes all (ie, both) of his songs sound very similar. Could be Fruity Loops. Has to be it!

AceViper wrote:Kiss From a Rose
Seal's Kiss From a Rose?

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN!!!!

Fruity Loops?? Sounded more like Sonar Studios to me... O_o

BTW, Owl City isn't really a band. It's some kind of a weird pen name of just one man. I'm yet to see credit for anyone else in this...

http://seleniums-world.blogspot.com

10Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:21 am

kyo

kyo

Its a single dude operating out of his moms basement apparently... which is why I had put band in quotes in my 1st post...

11Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:01 am

i dont like that weird electro thing he has going in the background..

12Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Kahoko_25

Kahoko_25

Nice song; fireflies. It's quite catchy.

i dont like that weird electro thing he has going in the background..

Well, that's not bad at all. I like it.

Last edited by Kahoko_25 on Fri May 14, 2010 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Fri May 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Fireflies is defiantly brilliant, but I like Vanilla Twilight more.
Hate the video(Vanilla Twilight), whats the point of spending loads of money, on making a video in which people do nothing more but gape at the sky?
Though Fireflies' video makes up for it

14Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:43 pm

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Hes good he has a unique was of expresing himself and he comapares emotion with nature and you know....

15Owl City Empty Re: Owl City Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:45 pm

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

and he sings diffrently too

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]