AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wake Up Sid

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wake Up Sid Empty Wake Up Sid Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:17 pm

Omkar

Omkar

main cast: ranbir kapoor, konkona sen sharma
Release date: 2nd Oct
After Kaminey, this is the first hindi movie i have got my hopes pinned to. I don't know much about the plot but whatever tidbits i have gathered, It seems to be about this aimless guy Sid (Ranbir) who's just passed college and doesn't know what to do with his life. A spoilt son from a rich background, as most bollywood movie-princes usually go, his life is one party. the movie is about how he grows up, finally.
what is most appealing about this is there seems no ridiculous fight sequences wherein apna six pack abs-ed with a muscly body only shown in biology text-books hero takes on a dozen bad guys down at a time with his poor damsel screaming in the background. Sid is non-brawny just a guy next door, albeit with good looks. But what's the best is ranbir seems just tailor made for he role. i mean, just look at him yaar. he has the innocently bratty look which makes him incredibly endearing.
i heard the album and 2 songs stand out-
Kya karoon- a quintessential Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy tune. Soothing and cute.
Iktara- the reason why the album is rated above average, that is to say that it has managed to touch the 'heights' of above average. Composed by Amit Trivedi, a guest composer for this film, this number touches your soul the same way as his earlier projects: Dev D's Payaliya, Dhol yaara Dhol and Aamir's Ek Lau and Ha Raham did.
Jaane tu ya Jaane na, the last youth oriented film was a disappointment. I really hope this one doesn't go the JTYJN way. But then, this one has Konkona, a celebrated actress, not a heroine mind you, an actress who is known to be really choosy about her roles and one who essentially does good films. And that's why, watch out for this flick. I know i will.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2Wake Up Sid Empty Re: Wake Up Sid Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:45 pm

heavealie

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

lol actually i have very less hopes from this movie or from ranbir kapoor.dont know why but most of new comers try to act like shahrukh khan and if you have seen any of ranbir's past movies u will get my point.and ya btw!!kya karoon by far the duos typical tune!!!!they are more of the pretty woman which btw!!was a copyright song and since than they use that same background eletric guitar for each of their songs.kya karoon sounds a lot familiar like kitne der tak and also rabbi infulenced.they need to start making some good music after winning the national award instead of churning trash like shortkut or even influenced by rabbi.please make your own mark like rahman rather than just glued to that same pretty woman tune.

http://heavealie.blogspot.com/

3Wake Up Sid Empty Re: Wake Up Sid Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:54 am

kyo

kyo

Dunno about Ranbir... but Konkana Sen makes the movie interesting.... Ranbir has aways to go before he can claim to fill out his fathers shoes...

4Wake Up Sid Empty Re: Wake Up Sid Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Omkar

Omkar

hmm. he's got a long way to go. but you know, i think he's one of the most natural-born actors. and i don't give it to his family. i would have said the same if he were Ranbir Khandekar(Ah, wouldn't that have been nice Razz). he just seems so effortless. he's unbelievably camera comfortable, gives the most natural expressions in his scenes and has potential to excel in comedy.
@heave: i can't draw parallels between Ranbir n SRK. its not that i don't want to but i can't see any similarity except that both of them are good actors.

5Wake Up Sid Empty Re: Wake Up Sid Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:36 pm

heavealie

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

point taken.and btw!!why are promoting ranbir's film so much.listen nowadays these actors go to any lengths to promote their upcoming films.i mean they are everywhere.so why r u promoting!!!!!!! Wake Up Sid Icon_evil
* Daone's Edit*
zayed khan,shahid kapoor,ranbir everyone tries to imitate shahrukh.Wake Up Sid 384827 lol smileys suck!!!

http://heavealie.blogspot.com/

6Wake Up Sid Empty Re: Wake Up Sid Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:07 pm

Omkar

Omkar

you are a newbie here heave. ask the oldies on the forum. its my natural behavior even from the pre-forum times. i have such film obsession phases. Dasvidaniya, Dev D, Kaminey and now Wake up Sid though my anticipation to it is nothing compared to the previous three.
i don't see sense in you talking about my ranbir-obsession. coz firstly, its not an obsession. its not exactly out of the context. i think i will have to edit some of your comments. Neutral

7Wake Up Sid Empty Movie review Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:50 pm

Omkar

Omkar

I will always owe a debt to Wake Up Sid because this movie helped chase away my Blue blues and how!

Wake Up Sid is about an aimless spoilt son of a rich dad, Sid aka Siddharth (Ranbir Kapoor), and his live in the moment attitude towards life. He’s done with his graduation exams but hasn’t found his calling yet. So what does he do now? Simple- screw calling and go clubbing. If someone asks what he does in life-“I blow up my father’s money.” If someone asks what he intends to do in life- “I intend to continue blowing up my father’s money.” His worried dad tries to make his son join the company but “This is just not me, dad.” Flash forward to result day when he discovers he’s failed in the graduation exams while all of his friends have scraped through. He’s pissed, all hell breaks loose at home and after a heated argument, its sayonara to his home and parents and move in with just-a-friend Aisha (Konkona Sen Sharma), a migrant who he has befriended in the post exam holidays. The movie is about Sid growing up minus being preachy or over the top.

Not much of a story this is. A familiar ghar ghar ki kahaani(those ghars which have Sedan”S”) and would’ve been a typical lameass B’wood time-killer had it not been for the director. The movie has been such a hit and much raved about and the credit solely rests on the surprisingly-just-a-debutant director Ayan Mukherjee. The way this movie is dealt with is how you would observe a child fondling his teddy bear. The fondness, the innocence, the breathing in life in so many silent scenes and the placements of background music are all to swear by. The cinematography matches shoulders with the environment creation and the Mumbai portrayal without seeming repetitive. The best scene when these two culminate is the ten second part when the first drops of rain streak Sid’s face. Absolutely spellbinding. Shankar Ehsaan Loy, the music composer trio, take no risks and dish out endearing music which might not seem so good if you hear it without the film in front of you. But the hats-off song is Amit Trivedi’s Iktara and its two different versions played partially according to the mood of the film. The last twenty minutes, in which the movie flies to ohmygoshthisissofrigginawesome level would’ve lost its magic if it hadn’t been for this song. As far as the acting department is concerned, Ranbir Kapoor, who I repeat is the most effortlessly natural actor, couldn’t have done more justice to the role. From the innocence dripping from his face, the t-shirts and the cartoony underpants that he wears, he plays the part of the adorable brat to the T. Konkona on the other hand couldn’t have fitted better to the role of an ambitious and mature Aisha with a heart. The rest of the cast are near perfect.

Watch it for a sweetness that can only be desi. Don’t search for inconsistencies, don’t go for a storyline but learn how simplicity can be so enchanting. Definitely recommended.

8Wake Up Sid Empty Re: Wake Up Sid Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:13 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

Really adorable movie.Damn I couldn't go catch this one in a theatre 'cause well all my friends were busy and I had noone to go with Wake Up Sid Icon_sad .I had to make do with an extremely hazy cam rip from mininova but hey who cares as long as you get to watch it for free?(not that I wasn't ready to spend a few bucks on watching this one)
Sid's role was like tailor-made for Ranbir.I really can't imagine anyone else in his place.
About the movie it seemed more like a younger guy-older woman romance to me than the coming-of-age tale of a carefree slacker.I was a bit apprehensive about the Konkona-Ranvir pairing but somehow they looked great together and managed to make this story believable.Will watch this again when a better rip is available on the net.

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum