AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1408(2007)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11408(2007) Empty 1408(2007) Wed May 20, 2009 8:14 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Year of release: 2007
Genre: Horror
Director: Mikael Håfström
Cast: John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson
Source material: A short story of the same name by Stephen King
Plot: The film follows Mike Enslin (Cusack), an author who specializes in the horror genre. Enslin's career is essentially based on investigating allegedly haunted houses, although his repeatedly unfruitful studies have left him disillusioned and pessimistic. Through an anonymous recommendation (via postcard), Enslin eventually learns of the Dolphin Hotel in New York City, which houses the infamous "Room 1408". Interested yet skeptical, Enslin decides to spend one night in the hotel although manager Olin (Jackson) warns him strongly against it. Enslin encounters a series of bizarre experiences in the room.

Review: I happen to like this movie a lot.One of the best horror films to come out recently.Mike Enslin's performance is superb,you really feel like he's on the verge of insanity.Jacksons cameo,though short,is memorable as well.I specially liked some of the dialogues,for instance:
Mike Enslin: Why don't you just kill me?
Room 1408: Because all guests of this hotel enjoy free will, Mr. Enslin.

Mike Enslin: [Olin gives Enslin the room key] Most hotels have switched to magnetics. An actual key. That's a nice touch, it's antique.
Mr. Olin: We have magnetic cards also, but electronics don't seem to work in 1408. Hope you don't have a pacemaker.
Mike Enslin: [into his tape recorder] General manager claims that the phantom in room interferes...
Mr. Olin: I have never used the word "phantom."
Mike Enslin: Oh, I'm sorry. Uh, spirit? Specter?
Mr. Olin: No, you misunderstand. Whatever's in 1408 is nothing like that.
Mike Enslin: Then what is it?
Mr. Olin: It's an evil f****ng room.

Oh,I also happened to like how the song "We have just begun" starts playing every time something hellish is about to happen in that room.Creepy!
I give this movie 8.5 skulls out of 10. Twisted Evil

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

21408(2007) Empty Re: 1408(2007) Wed May 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you saw this in the Afternoon two days Ago on Star Movies...

I did, anyway...scary movie, with Samuel L jackson living up to his reputation as a badass...

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

31408(2007) Empty Re: 1408(2007) Thu May 21, 2009 8:25 am

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

@Arrow: Bingo!We have a winner folks..lol!

But yeah,I have heard a lot of praises about this film from my friends,so was looking for an opportunity to watch it.Sam Jackson is such a good actor,I don't know why he would get involved in something so stupid as Afro Samurai.I mean,it's a total mess.Waste of a lot of money and talent,really.

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

41408(2007) Empty Re: 1408(2007) Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

nice movie ,rooms like that can really drive anyone insane.

DIE HARD wrote:@Arrow: Bingo!We have a winner folks..lol!

But yeah,I have heard a lot of praises about this film from my friends,so was looking for an opportunity to watch it.Sam Jackson is such a good actor,I don't know why he would get involved in something so stupid as Afro Samurai.I mean,it's a total mess.Waste of a lot of money and talent,really.
afro samurai is good
and so is ressurection.

51408(2007) Empty Re: 1408(2007) Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Saw it. Loved it. Will never watch it again.

The start was boring. But once it picked up....*shudders*.

I was thankfully warned that it was based on a short story by Stephen King.

The parts I found really creepy, were the ones where:-

-> The music played all those creepy lyrics songs. Those lyrics were really spooky.
-> The part when he tried to grab the guy in the opposite building's attention, and that mutilated creep comes from behind and stabs him.
-> The end, where S.L Jackson is in his car, and he sees that same creep in the backseat.
-> When he is in the ice room, and he talks to his divorced wife, and the comp starts acting wierd and his own face appears on the messenger and starts talking to his wife.

*shiver*

I never got along well with the spooky type of movies, but this...well, overall, it was a wonderful watch. I'm just very surprised that the movie never made an appearance in Mindia. It might have created quite a buzz - at least Bombay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum