AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Megaupload Help Needed

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Megaupload Help Needed Empty Megaupload Help Needed Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:24 am

Ampitup

Ampitup

I've been downloading from Megaupload (MU) for quite sometime now. Is there anyone who is using MU's MegaManager (MM).
It gives me seriously low speeds compared to my d/l manager 'FlashGet'. So, I wanted to know if there is any other d/l manager that can allow me to do start a batch d/l from MU. The manual copy paste of direct links takes a lot of time.
The only time I use MM is when I want to check the availability of links and MU doesn't allow direct linking even if you are a PREMIUM account holder.

On the other hand RS allows premium users to integrate links in their manager, so all they do is copy paste links and the manager takes care of the rest.

I need an alternative for my batch downloads.
Note: By batch I mean, a one by one auto download. Not 2-3 files at a time. My speed is low Sad

Thanks in Advance.

2Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:04 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

try yahoo answers

3Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:14 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

I try not to use Download managers from Megaupload. I don't trust the scumbags. Today you download it, next thing you know, you got spyware all clogging up your tubes...

I don't trust software like that at all. I mean, they'll reserve slots for you if you have it, but what profit does the company gain from it, eh? So it's gotta be running some shady background scripts or something. SO I don't trust it.

Then again, I don't trust most things, and..HEY, WHO'S THAT SNEAKING UP BEHIND ME?

oh wait, sorry. it's just my shadow....

YOU BETTER NOT TRY ANY FUNNY BUSINESS WHILE MY BACK'S TURNED, SHADOW, you BELGIUM LOVING $#&!)#&!!!!

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

4Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:27 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

WOAH!
Let me get this straight,.... you HAVE A PREMIUM MU ACCOUNT???
WOW

I don't Smile but I use MU, RS and FileFactory often.
Well, in my case, I get decent speeds for direct download and I DO NOT USE a download manager. I don't trust them. They're after me monies and me julz.

Check you're speeds at
GO HERE and go for the SmarTest. It worked for me.

i use firefox and I have this awesome cool plugin called SkipScreen. Get it
HERE!
It skips the annoying waiting time for Non-Premium users. How convenient! And they have support for MANY sites. But the thing with MU is that they got a captcha code test.... SkipScreen can't bypass that. So you gotta go type them stupid numbers and after that, it's all cool. But I think a premium user
(?) like you don't really have that problem do ya?
Try it and tell me if it helps.

5Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:16 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

Actually I'm using a friends a/c for the time being. He's into RS now and so he was kind enough lend his MU. Yes having an account helps me get past the captcha code.

I plan on getting one myself when I get some $$ from my parents.
There is a program called Cryptload that allowed users to d/l files from MU as a batch, back when the captcha code was only 3 letters long. Now they added a number to it and then a while ago, they tilted the angle of the text. So, you have to enter the captcha manually to start the download.

Thanks for the info on the plugin RedWOLF, i'll get it once the a/c expires. And I'll do some more sniffing around google to see if there is any program to bypass the batch d/l. I agree with you Arr0wHeaD, MU's toolbar contains the Alexa virus though MU denied it.

6Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:23 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Flashget? Internet Download Manager is an awesome thing.

MU links gives me speeds upto 150 kbps without being premium through IDM.

Try it. I'll make another thread on Download Managers.

7Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:26 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Dont use Flashget unless you have Kaspersky or Zone Alarm Pro or itd be very bad!
too many trojans if the downloading doesnt have proper firewall!
i've heard it from a cousin of mine who was usin it regularly!
she had avast and windows firewall but that werent enough !
kaspersky or zone alarm makes it safer!

but theres a catch
avast doesnt use much system resources
but kaspersky and zone alarm kills you!
making the download slow!

Last edited by Jin on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:02 pm; edited 4 times in total

8Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

I've been using FlashGet for the past one year. Never had any problems with it. Care to elaborate Jin.

@Ace : 150kbps *_* What connection do you use. I use the local net that gives me speeds of around 30kbps as BSNL is yet to reach my place >.< so the premium a/c comes in handy. I've used IDM some time ago. I just want to know if there is any other program that allows me to do a batch d/l from MU other than MegaManager. Still I'll shift to IDM once I'm done with anime downloads.

9Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

I'll upload the Crack if you want me to. I have IDM 5.12's Crack and patch. It might be a lil older version, but frankly, there is no big difference in the newer versions.

Just add the registration entries and Patch the .exe file

Delete the Patch file later. Make sure to temporarily disable your antivirus or it will quarantine the patch file.

Once patched, you dont need the patch file.

I use MTNL. I get a 2mbps surf speed. 256 Kbps download. Fluctuates though. Anime-eden gives me a full 250kbps while downloading. Mangatraders give me upto50kbps to 100kbps.

Music download sites like Mp3raid.com give me 250 kbps, again. Realitylapse.com gives me 150 to 200 kbps for downloading anime.

Just a few examples. I love MTNL for this reason. But i hate them cuz the modem i have, it disconnects and reconnects sometimes. That is a pain when Im downloading a big file and it cuts in the middle. SPECIALLY if that big file is a big manga file from mangatraders, cuz mangatraders doesn't support download managers Those idiots. They have valid reaons not to support download managers, but still they are idiots. >_<

10Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:57 am

Ampitup

Ampitup

EDIT: I tried IDM Ace. For some reason its unable to give me speeds equal to the ones i get when i use flashget and so i'll stick to it. Thanks again.

EDIT: I finally found a program. Its called JDownloader and it works like a charm with my MU premium. Its allowing me to start batch downloads

Update: Baka program. Batch download is good. But for some reason speeds are really low, almost on par with megamanager at times. Still, its a program working entirely on Java *sigh* not working for me though. I hate my local net ToT.
Sad

Last edited by Ampitup on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:55 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Back to ground zero)

11Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:40 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Amitup...Even my firefox inbuilt browser is giving me speeds of up to 110kbps.

Without any Download manager. My net could be considered unique. Even Arr0w says its not normal.

I'll ask Arr0w to dwnld some megaupload files and comment.

12Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

Can we stick to 'Amp' my name isn't Amit O.o

The reason why you get such speeds is because MTNL and other companies set aside a specific amount of bandwidth for every user or area wise and in your case since its an 'upto' 2Mbps connection getting 100+ is normal and that is how some people end up going over their monthly limit.

Coming to mine, i use a local connection which in simple terms means that the guy gets his connection from a registered company and then distributes it as his own in an area under a funny name. And since the main Gateway and DNS is the same for every user, we end up in a common workgroup. So, at a given point of time if no one is present in the group then the first person to come gets the entire speed (40-50 kbps) which keeps on decreasing as people login. And i believe that is the main reason why i am unable to get good speeds with MegaManager and other d/l managers. SO, the fault lies with the net connection and NOT THE APPLICATION.

I took the liberty of contacting MU support and true to the dumb support they have, replied to me with -"If you are a premium user, you will get line speed offered by your ISP and you can use MM to have added advantages". Hmm..interesting answer and to think my question was 'Why can't you allow my premium to integrate with my manager so that i can start a batch download instead of using your program'. And so, ATM i'll stick to FlashGet since i'm used to it. Thank you for all your help and advice.

PS: Why is 'Reputation' in pink (though it says violet here) Razz

Last edited by Ampitup on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos ^.^)

13Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

I'll change the colour dammit >_<

14Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

No No. I have nothing against the color. Choose any color you wish. After all you're the Top Boss Man Clapping

15Megaupload Help Needed Empty Re: Megaupload Help Needed Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:11 am

I can get 80-90kbps speed with Mu or Rapidshare, but I never use them lol!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum