AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The One

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The One Empty The One Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 am

kyo

kyo

Yeah... I ripped this off from Shoujomagic... so sue me...

Cane Lele was born into the fashion industry. Her mother, Ye Feii, was Taiwan's top model, and her father was also a model, until a tragic airplane crash left Lele without parents.
Therefore it is no surprise that Lele hates the industry, thinking it superficial and unnecessary. Raised by her paternal grandmother, Lele reaches seventeen before she is sucked in by her mother's sister, Ye Feihung, a fashion agent (and former model) who "convinces" the reluctant Lele to pose.
Lele is adverse to the whole idea, until she sees a photo shoot of popular American model Angus Lanson, and she begins to see modeling as an art form.
When Aunt Feihung's magazine editor invites Angus Lanson to a meeting of all the top fashion ambassadors, Lele is invited along and is curious to meet Angus. She does not know that Angus' twin elder brother, Eros Lanson, is secretly accompanying his brother. This obviously leads to confusion and is the start of a charming story of Lele's goals: Fashion in New York city, becoming a top model, and love?

Not a bad series so far... I took it up cause it had vibes of Skip Beat... couple vols in... seems entertaining enough... artwork is superb... would keep the scans just for that...

2The One Empty Re: The One Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:29 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Fashion Manga? The drawing style is like Paradise Kiss. I get bad feelings about manga with that style of drawing. Like they will have bad a storyline.

3The One Empty Re: The One Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:50 am

kyo

kyo

Well... I havent read much of it myself.... was more attracted to the art... seems like it starts off with angst and is giving way to a heavy romance now... no real interesting plot twists yet... certainly not as hilarious as Skip Beat... but I will keep going cause I like the art...
and there is some potential... but I dont know whether it will be realised.... lets call this one a 'Work in progress'...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum