AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deathnote

+2
kyo
Aceviper
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Deathnote Empty Deathnote Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Ah! The one of a kind manga. Think about a rare breed of manga...and Deathnote is the first you can come across. After reading the first volume...um...I can't find a better word...you're simply addicted to the story. You don't feel like putting the manga down. It simply awesome! The mind bending scenes and mind twisting thoughts the protagonist and antagonist have...its, in short, WOW!

Of course, now WHO the protagonist is, and WHO the antagonist is.....THAT depends on personal flavour. Entirely relative.

Light Yagami is an extremely intelligent young man who resents what appears to be a relentless increase of crime and corruption in the world around him. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note," lying on the ground. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the notebook's authenticity, but after experimenting with it, he realizes that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the New World" by passing his keen judgment on those he deems to be evil or who get in his way.

Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira" derived from the typical Japanese pronunciation of the English word "killer"), is located in Japan. He also concludes that Kira can kill people without laying a finger on them. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a game of psychological cat and mouse between the two begins.

My fav character: RYUK! He rocks!

2Deathnote Empty Re: Deathnote Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:57 am

kyo

kyo

L for me... cant believe this thread has not seen more traffic...

3Deathnote Empty Re: Deathnote Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well obviously its L
the topics dead as many discussions are done and the craze is fadin!
though see the movie

4Deathnote Empty Re: Deathnote Fri May 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

SO many L fans? :O
I've been on Light's side from the beginning! He is pure genius, and I've read like 8 volumes, filled with his brilliance!
If you've read until the part L dies(Mwuhahaha) then, you either hate Light more, or love him more!!!
Light Yagami--->Genius
L--->Genius, but not my type of genius.

5Deathnote Empty Re: Deathnote Sat May 15, 2010 12:06 am

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

L for me! i love L! hes awesome, brilliant, and beyond beatable. Very Happy

6Deathnote Empty Re: Deathnote Sat May 15, 2010 11:05 am

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Nah, Light all the way. Jeez, where are the other Light fans? (Where is everybody?)

7Deathnote Empty Re: Deathnote Sat May 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

You've onl got Dylan on your side...and maybe DS

8Deathnote Empty Re: Deathnote Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:53 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Dammit. By the way, Ryu, get the first three or so Death Notes next time we meet, i wanna read all of em again!

9Deathnote Empty Re: Deathnote Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:12 am

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

wokay...will do Razz just the first three?

10Deathnote Empty Re: Deathnote Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

YIPPEEE! Completed my Death Note collection! *bows bows*
Deathnote 139_0410
Deathnote 139_0411

NYAAA!

11Deathnote Empty Re: Deathnote Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:55 am

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

I like Misa the best Honestly she's sooo sweet and Light's gay like when red and i were talking he said that Lights gay he has completly HAWT girl banging on his door and all he cares about is L L L!! UGH !! So Gay!!!

L is one intresting dude the only reason i kept reading was because of L After he died i kinda read for a bit then read the last 4 chaps = P

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]