AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Critique

+7
Arr0wHeaD
Red
kyo
Jin
Lady Poison
Aceviper
Omkar
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Your Critique Empty Your Critique Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:09 am

This is one is similar to the 'What are you currently ? threads

Just tell us what you've seen recently and your short reviews.

My most recent is Transformers 2.
The movie is basically: Action. Megan Fox. Action. Action. Joke. Megan Fox. Action. Action. Joke. Joke. Action. End.

[sarcasm] Can't wait for Transformers 3 [/sarcasm]

2Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Omkar

Omkar

harry potter 6. went 1st day 1st show. best part of the movie- all 12th passouts like me were there. so it was like- look into the screen to emma watson, drool. look at your left, drool. to your right, drool. wipe your mouth. repeat.
about the movie, the less said, the better. waste of money. total waste(okay, i spent hardly 70 but then money doesn't grow on trees, does it?) anyone starting a RADCLIFFE SUCKS thread here? please?

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

3Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:46 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.

I made another thread on it. So im not talking about it here. If you wanna curse or praise Harry Potter more, make another thread on it.

4Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Watched Harry Potter. The movie is nice. The performance's are well delivered. The actors are slowly improving, even Grint. Jim Broadbent is delightful and Alan Rickman is amazing as always. If you're a book-crazy person you might get upset that some parts (or most) are screwed up. But treat the film as an independent, and you'll see its pretty good. Provides a good mix of humour and seriousness. I hope David Yates keeps it up. Smile Also, it doesn't over-do the special effects, like most films these days do. In short, I think this is the best HP movie yet.

(Note: I can rant about the film as well, but omkar there already has, so I'm presenting only the good points Razz )

5Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Lady Poison

Lady Poison
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Pineapple Express Laughing decently funny, the guys (friends) just exaggerated cause its about weed and drug dealers Rolling Eyes

6Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:24 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Lady Poison wrote:Pineapple Express Laughing decently funny, the guys (friends) just exaggerated cause its about [b]weed and drug dealers Rolling Eyes
thas good

7Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Omkar

Omkar

watched vantage point recently. extremely pacy, gritty, and forget-your-popcorn kind of thriller this movie is with steller performances by relatively unknown cast. absolutely fabulous.

8Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

the casting is actually really good

but personally i think vantage point could have been better!
maybe it coz i saw it rite after seeing departed

9Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:27 am

kyo

kyo

watched vantage point recently. extremely pacy, gritty, and forget-your-popcorn kind of thriller this movie is with steller performances by relatively unknown cast. absolutely fabulous.

Relatively unknown?!?!? Well I guess the youngsters have not heard of Dennis Quaid and Forrest Whitaker... but yeah.. it was a good movie...

Inglorious Bastards was my latest watch... Hardcore action from the get go. Very... err... unexpected or unconventional (??) ending... pretty gruesome though... Only meant for Tarantino veterans... Landa was my favorite... and I loved it when Pitts character was fumbling with his Italian in the theater scene... 'Correcto' LoL!

10Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well saw gi joe today
starring a relatively ok cast
[including dennis quaid,brendon frasers and many others whose name i dont remember and too lazy to search for] got some good graphics and nice star dust heroin stuff!

but apart from snake eyes the movie wasnt much a show

11Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:15 am

Definitely heard of Forest Whitaker.. seen 3 of his movies.. Last King of Scotland, Vantage Point and Phone Booth.

Btw Kyo, its Basterds, not Bastards Razz

12Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:19 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

u havent seen species?

13Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:10 am

kyo

kyo

Whitaker did not have as big a role in Species... which I didnt particularly enjoy anyway...

Ones I am looking to watch....

Gamer...
Law Abiding Citizen...

Coincidentally both are Gerard Butler star-ers... and you know what that means... gratuitous violence all round... and then some... but both also seem to have an interesting concept... and Gamer seems to include Michael Hall in the cast too... he is a guy I think has the potential to be big... but I could be wrong...

Then theres...

Informant (Matt Damon)
Extract (From the makers of Office Space)

There was another... a De Caprio star-er... Dammit I forget... but that promises to be good too...

14Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:43 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well
theres
shutter island - scorcese
and
inception- nolan
both
are promising

15Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:34 am

kyo

kyo

Shutter Island... that was the one... has DeCaprio as the lead...

16Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well both the above movies hav de caprio as the lead

17Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:13 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Kyo wrote:Extract (From the makers of Office Space)
OFFICE SPACES?
I liked that movie. I wouldn't say loved it,... but it was fun. Nobody knows about it though... it's a shame.

And I guess Leo's getting a lot more jobs now. I guess it's all thanks to Blood Diamond and Departed.... and maybe Body of Lies too. I want a RED SOX cap like the one he had in Departed. RED SOX!

Species wasn't so bad. I meant the first part. The chick was hot and the story was pretty decent. The sequels were a lame excuse for nudity..... ie SUCK!

And I think the GAMER's gonna be a flop. It's too much like the Terminator from the trailers I've seen.

I can't wait for Inglorious Basterds.... is it out in DVD yet? I'm a HUGE Tarantino fan Very Happy

18Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Omkar

Omkar

i know i might be among the most-hunted-ass-to-kick-on after what i am gonna say about the recent supposedly cult movie i saw but i really don't care.
i am gonna talk about GODFATHER.
honestly speaking, i didn't like it. i watched it in a span of 7 days, that is, i saw second half a week later. its not because of time constraints but lack of inclination.
i fail to see what is so 'kuul' about it. dialogs? nah. maybe they are lost in translation. background music? there's hardly any, except for the same old eerie one played again and again, by which people swear by. technical finesse? you can't really talk about it. the movie's more than 2 decade old. performances? really? mike is poker faced most of the time and no, it doesn't look intimidating( it suited abhishek bachchan in SARKAR). godfather is pretty decent though. others merely fit the bill. nothing outstanding about them.
but what's the thing that turned me off about the movie is the extremely gruesome sickening violence. i am not against violence, in fact, i love it when, mind you, WHEN tastefully portrayed. this was raw. and again, there's a technique in which you can show rawness in a refined way(i don't mean stylizing it) but that doesn't happen here.
disappointing indeed.

19Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

I don't know who,.... but somebody's gonna wake up the next day with a horse's head next to him.
I just don't know who.....hmm?

20Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Well I havn't seen Godfather yet, but I've seen Sholay, and I didn't like it very much.. its an okay movie.. not bad..

21Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Sholay was just okay, yeah. But for it's time it was really good.

Last movie I saw was The Hangover. And that one ROCKED. HARD.

After which I more recently saw 'Death at a Funeral' (which released as a hindi rip off last week called 'Daddy Cool')

Ohhh man, It was so hilarious, I don't know what to say. British humour FTW.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

22Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Fight Club!
must watch!

23Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:07 am

kyo

kyo

Gah... 'OK' for Sholay and 'disappointing' to Godfather!! What is the world coming to?!

Godfather despite its cult status is not meant for everyone... which is why I can understand what you have said omkar...

Sholay is... again... I see why people may call it okay... but the individual performances were pretty darn good... didnt care much for Dharmendra though... and the film is like what... more than 30 yrs old? So try not to take off points for technical stuff and over the top stunts... and say what you like... the humor is a lot better than what you will find in pretty much any other movie today...

Dang... which thread is this anyway? Wait... arent we in completely the wrong section to talk about Sholay? Eff that... I already typed it in...

Hollywood... Omkar... try Road to Predition... you might like it... its a decent movie... then there is 'The Untouchables' again... pretty good... these are set in and around the Prohibition era I believe.... one of the other ones I liked was Training Day... more modern... and you cant not have seen The Departed... all mobster(ish) movies...

24Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:54 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Primal Fear
edward Norton at his best!

25Your Critique Empty Re: Your Critique Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

If Omkar sees Departed he'd probably go kill himself. That's too much blood and way too much Jack Nicholson for him Smile

I did see Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey and damn wast it good!
I'm no sci-fi movie guy,.... wait I AM! I love Asimov and all that he's written(all that I've read) and Arthur C Clarke(died VERY recently). From when I was 15 or something, i met my true love,... SCI-FI novels! Though I remember very little of what I had read I do remembered that I loved every single line in those books.

Now, the Space Odyssey DVD was sitting in my shelf for some time now. And I finally decided to watch it,... at night,..... with lights out,... and just movie, me and silence.

For the firt time I saw terror. Stanley Kubrick is a SADISTIC SICK DEMENTED SONNAVA- ehm... and I really respect that. Damn, the guy is good! Either I'm out of words to explain his awesomeness or I'm just plain dumb at English.

The movie is just brilliant. It's presents fear from something we all take for granted..... or will take for granted in the near future.
After I saw the move I have officially developed a phobia for space travel. This could mean that I may no longer read Sci-Fi novels again but trust me it was one heck of a wild ride and I don' regret it.

Though I must complaint that I did get bored somewhre in the start and middle but if you sit through it.... it's GOLD! GOLD I TELL YOU! The last 20-30 minutes of the movie is worth it.
[reminds me of how Schindler's List was boring but turned out to be a wicked movie in the end]
My Rating: 9.2/10

Over the last two days I did see

*Fight Club - Eventhough I'm fanatical about Edward Norton and you shouldn't take my word for it,.... it's a great movie. I'm the guy who forced himself to enjoy THE INCREDIBLE HULK eventhough it sucked just beacuse it had Mr. Norton in the movie. Yeah, now you might have a slight idea of how big a fan I am.
My opinion about Brad Pitt had changed too. He's pretty kickass in the movie. VERY KICKASS!
My Rating: 9/10

*Trojan War
WARNING: THIS IS A TEEN MOVIE.... and had less than zero nudity and is actually funny in some places.
This movie is probably the only reason why Jennifer Love Hewitt is still acting these days. The lead in the movie Will Freidel (?) is totally funny in the movie. It's been a long time since I've seen a good teen-movie and this one hit the right spot! i've not felt this good since American Pie 2 but it's nowhere near the greatness of EUROTRIP! But it was a nice movie. Kinda crazy and stupid in a lot of places, the movie gives you that..... THING that good teen movies give you. If you like this genre, don't miss it.
My Rating: 7.8/10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum