AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Martial Arts Movies

+3
Jin
Omkar
Arr0wHeaD
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Martial Arts Movies Empty Martial Arts Movies Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Martial arts film is a film genre that originated in the Pacific Rim. This genre is a type of action film characterized by extensive fighting scenes employing various types of martial arts. This genre has mainly been produced in China, peaking in the 1970s, and has been dominated by Hong Kong action cinema

The Origin of Such stars like BRUCE (FRIGGIN) LEE, Jackie Chan, Jet Li and a whole lot of other action stars who don't have their names in bold for the simple reason that they ain't Bruce Lee.

Now, these styles of movies are often cheesy, often awash with pointless violence and crappy dubbing, but I personally enjoy them for the physical comedy (In case of Jackie Chan) or the intense action Scenes (Jet Li) Bruce lee, though, usually has an awesome storyline in his movies.

My reccomndations are-

Bruce Lee- Game Of Death, Enter The Dragon.

Jackie Chan- Armor Of God, Rush Hour, Police Story...His newer movies are more comedy than anything else, and they go into Hollywood movies anyway.

Jet Li- The One, Once Upon a Time In China.

Stephen Chow- This guy is more focused on comedy, but the two movies of hsi that I've seen- Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer are pretty entertaining.

Anyone else into this stuff?

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

2Martial Arts Movies Empty Re: Martial Arts Movies Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:35 pm

Omkar

Omkar

not me. certainly not. the reason i hate that is hardly any plotline(before you pounce on me arrow, i repeat, i said HARDLY) and the rawness of the action. and some of the seemingly fast-forwarded scenes. now don't justify them as THAT'S CALLED REFLEXES, RETARD. you can't deny it, some of them ARE fast forwarded. and that seems ridiculous. make it a bit slick guys. and real. maybe then we could enjoy it more. but the efforts of the actors are truly commendable. they are the real men.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

3Martial Arts Movies Empty Re: Martial Arts Movies Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:59 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

FIST OF FURY
BIG BOSS
CHINEESE CONNECTIONS

DRUNKEN MASTER
CITY HUNTER
UNLEASHED
ONG BAK

BUT MY all time favourite is

THE WAY OF THE DRAGON

trust me ull love the action in this movie

4Martial Arts Movies Empty Re: Martial Arts Movies Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:02 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

I LOVE BRUCE LEE!!!
.... who doesn't?
ENTER THE DRAGON did it for me. I was a total fan after I saw it. GAME OF DEATH was very cool too but too bad he died making it.
Not actually a movie but I did love the Green Hornet series. Sure he was a sidekick but there was no dispute that he was more kickass than GH Razz
Can't wait for that BaStArD SETH ROGEN to destroy it. That'll finally gimme a proper reason to kill the fat faggot!

I also like Armor of God. Funny as hell. Has a lot of.... racy scences too but it's still funny. Jackie Chan had major injuries during stunts in the start of the movie.

Last month or so I saw this movie called KING POW: ENTER THE FIST. It's a spoof on Martial Arts movies. It's a must watch and please don't believe IMDB..... she's a total whore/slut.

Last edited by RedWOLF on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SET ROGEN = FAT BASTARD)

5Martial Arts Movies Empty Re: Martial Arts Movies Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

watch crouching tiger hidden dragon
has a good story too

6Martial Arts Movies Empty Re: Martial Arts Movies Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Artemis93

Artemis93
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

^ I watched that movie
Really good

am a fan of Bruce Lee's too
he is Legend completely *o*

and Jet li , Jackie Chan

I also like the female fighters like Lucy Liu, Michelle Yeoh

7Martial Arts Movies Empty Re: Martial Arts Movies Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Ithil

Ithil
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Bruce Lee, YES! The guy moves like a cat. Or a snake. Or some other graceful and fluid-moving animal. Razz

By the way, don't samurai movies count as martial arts? Nobody's mentioned any of them. So many Kurosawas (among others). For something slightly out of the ordinary, there's Kitamura's Aragami.

8Martial Arts Movies Empty Re: Martial Arts Movies Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:25 pm

kyo

kyo

Shaolin Soccer!! Bwahahahaha!!

9Martial Arts Movies Empty Re: Martial Arts Movies Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

does b13 count?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]