AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the hangover

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1the hangover Empty the hangover Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:45 pm

Omkar

Omkar

a bachelor party gone awry. the 4 guys accidently consume date rape drug instead of ecstasy. the result? tiger in the bathroom, baby in a cupboard, a guy missing, another's tooth broken and he marries a stripper(heather graham- best part of the movie)
rest, in 1 word- disappointment.
media reviews imdb's tagged it 8.3. times of india gives it 4/5.
my reviews- imdb- Love yourself. times of india- you are too Loving stupid to be insulted. both reviews are lifted straight from hangover dialogues. ha!
the supposedly crazy guy could have been exploited much more to add to the humor. the rest starcast is plain okay okay types. but good timepass for guys(mainly) because its all about adult jokes.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2the hangover Empty Re: the hangover Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:32 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

omkardaone wrote:...in 1 word- disappointment...

DUDE!
you've gotta be kidding me!

screw IMDB! screw India Times!
METACRITIC gave it a 73,... which is pretty good coz Grand Torino got 72. "Generally Favourable Reviews", that's a good thing, right?

this was my dream movie. i loved the trailer and im waiting for the DVD to come out. PLEASE, im begging you, don't, i REPEAT; DO NOT kill my last hope to a decent comedy flick. fyi, it's been quite some time since i've seen a good one. and im frikkin desperate.

I NEED THIS ONE!
don't give it a bad review! PUH-LEASE!!!

3the hangover Empty Re: the hangover Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Omkar

Omkar

hey its a nice timepass movie. its just that its supremely over hyped. that's why i was let down.
and the loving moderators here r real pain in the arse. changed my love to love, didn't you arrow? tell you what? love you. hey wait i sec. i meant love you. no no. not love but love. love! why the love is this happening? AAAAAA! i m going loving crazy! love you all! i m loving leaving!

4the hangover Empty Re: the hangover Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:42 pm

What happened to the movie? I checked the papers for it.. can't find it anywhere.. it suddenly disappeared.. at least over here!

5the hangover Empty Re: the hangover Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Omkar

Omkar

@bagpipes: U SAID IT! REMEMBER IT! i had my instincts proved too correct during dev d time and i am cock sure they will be right now too.

6the hangover Empty Re: the hangover Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

omkardaone wrote:...i had my instincts proved too correct during dev d time and i am cock sure they will be right now too.

what?
Dev D was crap too? i need a reason to live. i lost all desires to go on.

i guess life is cruel on me. tying me to the damn chair again. i guess she's having her time with me.
life's a bitch. a goddamn psycho-bitch!

7the hangover Empty Re: the hangover Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:21 am

Omkar

Omkar

hey dev d for landmark for indian cinema. what i meant was people were doubtful about the mark it will make but i stood by it since the 1st trailer time and i proved right in the end. so i am confident of same happening this time too.

8the hangover Empty Re: the hangover Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:03 pm

akshay_1991

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

RedWOLF wrote:
omkardaone wrote:...in 1 word- disappointment...

DUDE!
you've gotta be kidding me!

screw IMDB! screw India Times!
METACRITIC gave it a 73,... which is pretty good coz Grand Torino got 72. "Generally Favourable Reviews", that's a good thing, right?

this was my dream movie. i loved the trailer and im waiting for the DVD to come out. PLEASE, im begging you, don't, i REPEAT; DO NOT kill my last hope to a decent comedy flick. fyi, it's been quite some time since i've seen a good one. and im frikkin desperate.

I NEED THIS ONE!
don't give it a bad review! PUH-LEASE!!!

Go for it man! Don't temme u havent seen it still! :O
I watched it twice. Wasnt jobless n all. I really loved it! N yea. I downloaded it again to watch it home! Its not over-hyped n all. Cuz I saw good reviews about this one in even the Indian newspapers[ i have a belief of these bollywood directors payin n gettin their movies rated here] n yea. I dont feel Omkar is into more of vulgar comedies! Razz Very Happy

Ok... One question for Omkar. When was the last time u ever ROFL?

P.S. The Hangover isnt all that vulgar n all!

9the hangover Empty Re: the hangover Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:32 am

kyo

kyo

Seen it 5 times... I guess that says it all...

Great acting and chemistry between the guys... Allen is da MAN! One of my favorite scenes is where they are in the room and the dentist starts playing the piano and makes up that song... Very few other movies with this kind of slick screenplay and chemistry between the actors...

10the hangover Empty Re: the hangover Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:59 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

had high expectations though was dissapointed
and hangover 2 would be 'overdoing it'

11the hangover Empty Re: the hangover Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:27 am

kyo

kyo

I guess high expectations can down the impression one gets for a movie. But... still I have watched this many times and it never fails to make me laugh.

12the hangover Empty Re: the hangover Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

i saw role models rt aftr hangover
and i found role models funnier even at 4 am

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum