AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Day

+9
MayFlower
Jin
akshay_1991
Zylok
Red
Aceviper
Rukawa_Kaede
Arr0wHeaD
Azeron
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Green Day - Page 2 Empty Green Day Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Azeron

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

First topic message reminder :

Green Day is an American rock trio formed in 1987.[1] The band has consisted of Billie Joe Armstrong (vocals, guitar), Mike Dirnt (bass guitar, vocals), and Tré Cool (drums, percussion) for the majority of its existence.

Green Day was originally part of the punk rock scene at 924 Gilman Street in Berkeley, California. Its early releases for independent record label Lookout! Records earned them a grassroots fanbase, some of whom felt alienated when the band signed to a major label.[2] Nevertheless, its major label debut Dookie (1994) became a breakout success and eventually sold over 10 million copies in the U.S. and 15 million worldwide.[3] As a result, Green Day was widely credited, alongside fellow California punk bands The Offspring and Rancid, with reviving mainstream interest in and popularizing punk rock in the United States.[4][5] Green Day's three follow-up albums, Insomniac, Nimrod and Warning did not achieve the massive success of Dookie, but they were still successful, reaching double platinum, double platinum, and gold status respectively.[6] Green Day's 2004 rock opera American Idiot reignited the band's popularity with a younger generation, selling five million copies in the U.S.[7] The band's eighth studio album, 21st Century Breakdown, was released on May 15, 2009.

Green Day's one of my favourite bands.. And one of the best bands in the world.. Kings of Punk Rock !!
Favourite songs: American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, East Jesus Nowhere, Know Your Enemy, 21 Guns, Platypus, Jinx, Burnout, Basketcase

http://www.bloodhound94.blogspot.com

26Green Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Day Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:00 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

which album is the song turning point from?

27Green Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Day Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Artemis93

Artemis93
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Boulevard of Broken Dreams actually hooked me onto Green Day first

American Idiot, Wake Me Up When Sept Ends, Know Your Enemy, my other favs Very Happy

28Green Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Day Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:33 pm

yuki

yuki

Basket Case Very Happy Quite old but its my all tym favourite!

29Green Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Day Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:27 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Recently heard 'She's a Rebel'.

I liked it! ^__^

30Green Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Day Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Artemis93 wrote:Boulevard of Broken Dreams actually hooked me onto Green Day first

American Idiot, Wake Me Up When Sept Ends, Know Your Enemy, my other favs Green Day - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
wonderwall - boulevard mix is better than the plain bouleva
rd!

31Green Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Day Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

They are pretty good....working class hero ,american idiot,time of your life and boulevard of broken dreams are good . No further comments

32Green Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Day Tue May 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Azeron

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Jin wrote:
Artemis93 wrote:Boulevard of Broken Dreams actually hooked me onto Green Day first

American Idiot, Wake Me Up When Sept Ends, Know Your Enemy, my other favs Green Day - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
wonderwall - boulevard mix is better than the plain bouleva
rd!

Agreed

Listen to the album Nimrod!

One of their oldest albums

Pretty good Very Happy

http://www.bloodhound94.blogspot.com

33Green Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Day Tue May 18, 2010 10:25 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

hey! i like Green Day! Well, not as much as *points at Rukawa* but I like their music. But thanks to a certain person from school, i can't take Boulevard of Broken Dreams as much as i did. 21 guns, American Idiot,Holiday, Wake me Up When September Ends are a few of my favorites by them.

34Green Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Day Fri May 21, 2010 6:29 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

21 guns has a catchy tune

35Green Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Day Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:47 am

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Detective_Ryukai wrote:hey! i like Green Day! Well, not as much as *points at Rukawa* but I like their music. But thanks to a certain person from school, i can't take Boulevard of Broken Dreams as much as i did. 21 guns, American Idiot,Holiday, Wake me Up When September Ends are a few of my favorites by them.

Well I did get over them, I moved over to Breaking Benjamin then Poets of the Fall and now The Fray <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
But I was listening to 21 Guns on VH1, [My goddam i-pod earphones don't work(*hinting on her furture b'day present*)] actually it was 21 Guns by Green Day and Cast of American Idiot...Broadway style I fink. And it was so awesome!!! *Rolls eyes in dreamy way*

I'M IN LOVE WITH BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE!!!!
What are you looking at?

36Green Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Day Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Ankita

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Greenday? Unforgettable 'Boulevard of broken dreams' and 'Wake me up when September ends'... I like Holiday as well... Great band, nice tunes, fab beats... Wake Me Up is one of those songs that have a 'mood on switch effect' on me!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum