AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

bitching, anyone?

+4
Aceviper
Arr0wHeaD
Red
Omkar
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bitching, anyone? Empty bitching, anyone? Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Omkar

Omkar

i'll go first. not bash about the much whacked saas bahu operas but the new generation of supposedly cool shows in the hindi tv scene. the most popular among the youth(yea, even some 'guys' i know watch that crap) is MILE JAB HUM TUM. some episodes i had the misfortune of catching showed this tall hunky making-women-drool(i witnessed that too) dude showed talking to this loser brash girl who called him up in the middle of the night to enquire about some tips on making cold coffee. the guy puts on a smug smile as the girl is stuttering. goes on for 10 min.
commercial break.
the girl is now 'rescued' from slipping on the wet floor in the college by the hunky dude. as he holds her in his arms, ppl in the background walk comfortably on the same floor at a much greater pace without even a hint of slipping. 8 min over with them staring into each other's eyes all the time.
commercial break (in which the girls i am watching with go AWW WASN'T THAT ROMANTIC)
the rest part shows another protagonist, a much better looking guy(whom the girls give a cold shoulder coz HE DOESN'T HAV DRESSING SENSE. I MEAN, JUST LOOK AT THAT EMBROIDERY!) involved in a random fight in which before him getting hurt, his romantic lead(so much light effect pored over her, she looks white) screams LOOK OUT for good 10 seconds and still he doesn't and is knocked out cold.
that's it.
this serial is supposed to represent youth. bravo.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2bitching, anyone? Empty it's shows like these... Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:03 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

this is the youth? wow

it's shows like these that make me feel a little fortunate that i don't follow SHIT IN TV! i mean you're right! there is nothing good on TV. not even STAR WORLD offers quality television anymore. then again if you're idea of quality television is re-runs of F.R.I.E.N.D.S then stay the hell away from me! i mean i wanted to follow Reaper and Supernatural but i seriously don't have the time(you can blame college for that). heck, i couldn't even catch up with all the Simpsons and House that i've missed.

but then again, thank the gods(ie,the lesser gods and the ones that don't matter) that my mother tongue is NOT hindi. which is why nobody in my family watches Hindi soaps and hence im totally INSULATED from it. YAY!

though i do understand what you mean. there exists crappy mallu soaps, which my parents happen to watch. but then again, there are some really brilliant ones too but then, as always, the crappy ones out number the good ones.

which brings me to the point at hand. THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ON TV... EVAR!
which is why the only channels i check before i switch off my TV are:
*F (i watch it only if they show RED CARPET)
*Rosebowl(it's a mallu youth channel with killer content. pretty good i must say)
*FoxHistory(Mordern Marvels)
*SunTV(only to check if the show "Siri Siri" ie 'laugh laugh' is on. it's a show where they have comedy scenes from Tamil movies. Vivek jokes are the best)

im proud to say that i've never watched a single episode of ROADIES or SPLITSVILLA. aren't i cool?

3bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

I don't watch TV too often. And if I do, it's probably FMA 2 on Animax. Other than that I sometimes watch-

Reaper on Star World
Who's Line is it Anyway? (Ridiculously great improv comedy) on Star World
Movies on Pix, Star Movies, HBO and World Movies. (NDTV Imagine has yet to put something I enjoy)
Stuff thats interesting (Man vs. Wild, Time Warp, Modern Marvels) on Discovery, NGC and The History Channel.

Saas Bahu serials are something I've never tried. My parents watch reality TV shows on Malayalam Channels, so I don't have to deal with Mallu soaps either. Even the Indian attempts at suspense/drama/action shows (I seem to remember some dude called Gabraal or something, and another show with a Sentient Car...) But they have sucked balls as well.

The only really watchable show (I dunno if it's still on the air though) was CID. I really appreciate that these guys came before CSI and the writers have churned out around 1000 episodes. But it's still a pretty inconsistent ans factually inaccurate show.

Will TV executives ever pull their heads out their assses and give us a decent Action series? Not likely.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

4bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:27 pm

Not till Ekta Kapoor and her giant tikka is alive.

The thing I usually watch on TV is the news. Sounds odd, I know, but hey, its interesting most of the time, especially when you follow whats going on. Times NOW is too aggressive for me, I try to avoid it. NDTV is too soft. CNN-IBN is the perfect mix! Unfortunately my cable-op has pulled out CNN-IBN and replaced it with something called REAL.. some bullshit reality TV show.

I watch a bit of Vh1 and thats pretty much it.
Luckily for me, my mom likes to watch Star World, and hates all kinds of saas-bahu bullcrap.
She watches Friends, Seinfeld and Whose Line Is It Anyway? with me, and The Office. And even Desperate Housewives. (It's actually quite comedic, I say ignore the name and watch the series. It didn't win all those awards for nothing)
We also watch The Tonight Show, but I've never seen the Conan O'Brien episodes.

5bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Omkar

Omkar

@bagpipes- totally agreed. news can be super entertaining at times with all the eat-dirt standards of some of news channels. yup, i can see all of you lipping india tv. so here's one of their shittiest 'news exclusives'- them covering the distressed pigeons in 1 of their reports when people were dying during the 26/11 tragedy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwpaKpq1Sto

6bitching, anyone? Empty the back-to-tv time Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:30 pm

Omkar

Omkar

my 5 month long imposed no-tv-vrat ended 3 days ago. the ecstatic yours truly rapidly surfed channels to find something interesting. needless to say, he was disappointed. the nearest to the word 'entertainment' he got was a docu on how indian women were shying away from wearing jingles in their feet owing to the beginning of the month of shrawan on india tv- sensational journalism at its best(if they do wear it, they'll die). bloody $%^&*+-.
finally, i got to star world where THE SIMPLE LIFE was being aired.for the ignorant(blissfully so) fools, its supposedly a reality show based on 2 dumb bimbos paris hilton and nicole richie as they attempt to find their way through day-to-day chores. these 2 being pampered to the core all through their life apparently don't know basic stuff. as the head honcho of fox tv puts it, "We wanted to see stilettos in cow shit."
result: disaster (obvious, isn't it? that's why its in cribs section)
its supposedly a comedy. all the effort is made to do that. put in the background music you hear in tom n jerry, make them do retarded stuff as common people bear the brunt of it. why would i see one whole such episode you might ask. answer- 2 words- blonde babes.
this one had nicole being asked to do the laundry. she takes the washing powder, puts in 2 cups of the powder as she soaks the clothes in water. perfect. only, she does it in a swimming pool.
honestly put, concept might be bordering funny. you see it and not even a minor smile will cross your face. those makers suck that bad.
after 3 days ,now i feel these 5 months didn't make me miss out much, except maybe the hbo friday night premiers. ok, so what i watched the only season i had of FRIENDS like 10 times, so what if i had to kill time with minesweeper(i cracked expert recently! in 409 seconds only!) and watched a few black and white film collection my parents have. its ok yaar. i was spared such bullshit.

7bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

omkardaone wrote:@bagpipes- totally agreed. news can be super entertaining at times with all the eat-dirt standards of some of news channels. yup, i can see all of you lipping india tv. so here's one of their shittiest 'news exclusives'- them covering the distressed pigeons in 1 of their reports when people were dying during the 26/11 tragedy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwpaKpq1Sto

LOL! nice one. i missed watching this one on TV.

Rofl. Those guy really show lame things. I wonder how it is still on air! Maybe when ppl get bored of Hindi Soaps and Ekta Kapoor, they must be switching to this channel to provide entertainment.

I think that's their ONLY reason of survival.

8bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:24 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

RedWOLF wrote:this is the youth? wow

it's shows like these that make me feel a little fortunate that i don't follow SHIT IN TV! i mean you're right! there is nothing good on TV. not even STAR WORLD offers quality television anymore. then again if you're idea of quality television is re-runs of F.R.I.E.N.D.S then stay the hell away from me! i mean i wanted to follow Reaper and Supernatural but i seriously don't have the time(you can blame college for that). heck, i couldn't even catch up with all the Simpsons and House that i've missed.

but then again, thank the gods(ie,the lesser gods and the ones that don't matter) that my mother tongue is NOT hindi. which is why nobody in my family watches Hindi soaps and hence im totally INSULATED from it. YAY!

though i do understand what you mean. there exists crappy mallu soaps, which my parents happen to watch. but then again, there are some really brilliant ones too but then, as always, the crappy ones out number the good ones.

which brings me to the point at hand. THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ON TV... EVAR!
which is why the only channels i check before i switch off my TV are:
*F (i watch it only if they show RED CARPET)
*Rosebowl(it's a mallu youth channel with killer content. pretty good i must say)
*FoxHistory(Mordern Marvels)
*SunTV(only to check if the show "Siri Siri" ie 'laugh laugh' is on. it's a show where they have comedy scenes from Tamil movies. Vivek jokes are the best)

im proud to say that i've never watched a single episode of ROADIES or SPLITSVILLA. aren't i cool?

dude u din add asianet wit all those serials which you know thes story to without watchin it

9bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:23 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

I quit TV!
It's over!

I have officially given up on it!

An Jin, it's been like 3 months and I have no idea what's going on. I lost track of it completely and for that I thank the gods! (the elder gods, not the lesser ones)

10bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:57 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

RedWOLF wrote:I quit TV!
It's over!

I have officially given up on it!

An Jin, it's been like 3 months and I have no idea what's going on. I lost track of it completely and for that I thank the gods! (the elder gods, not the lesser ones)
ya rt
you gussed the story up and now isnt interested to watch it!

11bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:33 pm

heavealie

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

i stopped watching tv long time bak.if..only...i had a shotgun...or an assault rifle i would have blown that shitty ekta chipoors head off.she is like the modern bindi and sari clad satan.1000 episodes wat hell so that makes for how many seasons??they keep writing and they keep crying and whining all the tym.uwaa...my saas beats me my bahu beats me my husband beats me everyone beats me to hell til finally there is anger in me....no more i wont take this shit anymore arre it took you 1000 episodes til ur eyes finally opened they should hav killed you man.ekta is the shittiest bitch ever born and she wil go to hell for making our life hell.
ekta sux!!!!big tym and so does his brother lol.thats why they are siblings chimpanzee-looking-dumb-nut of a brother he would hav been cleaning toilets if it wasnt for her shitty sister lol.
thats it no more bitching lol burn in hell all u frigging saas bahu serial makers.and why the hell do they hav to make 2 shows not 1 but 2 same to same shows like scrubs why o why.next they will make prison break and in that also they will show that both of them hav 3-4 wives and whiny mothers.
phew!!!!

http://heavealie.blogspot.com/

12bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:29 pm

I haven't watched T.v. for years now, I cant count

13bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Ankita

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Oh I love that Ekta Kapoor female... all those people in heavy make up, sarees and tonnes of gold hanging around their neck even when they're right out of bed... all those moms slapping their married 30 something kids like a 5-yr-old... dead people returning back all the time... multiple marriages, extra marital affairs- soon you forget what the freaking show was all about cuz your brain is all crammed trying to remember who is related to whom and how!!
Talking about recent serials, try DIL MIL GAYE!! A hospital where interns are busy romancing each other and creating elaborate 'sorry-gifts' (how can people think that's cute???) and yet, the basketball playing and kick boxing hero, who disappears for a majority of the year, manages to top every exam the Docs come up with... Fascinating huh????

14bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:37 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Ankita wrote:try DIL MIL GAYE!! A hospital where interns are busy romancing each other and creating elaborate 'sorry-gifts' (how can people think that's cute???) and yet, the basketball playing and kick boxing hero, who disappears for a majority of the year, manages to top every exam the Docs come up with... Fascinating huh????
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA!
Sounds like GREY'S ANATOMY+McGUYVER!!

TV SUCKS!

15bitching, anyone? Empty Re: bitching, anyone? Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Kazuki

Kazuki
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Indian television has advanced alot...
if you remember ekta kapoor's reign of chaos, there were ALWAYS fat woman in designer sarees plotting to kill each others children and immature/overgrown 20 year olds crying about love, marriage and kitchen woes. Atleast some director thinks that soaps can have 20 year olds who actually go to college like most normal people.
I'm not saying they're good...not even close..but hey, I know a good 200 people in my own school who watch this stuff like a 3 year old with barney...if most of India likes it..heck it's just too bad for the rest of us and it's better than them watching kyuunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum