AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What defines 'dignity' of women?

+3
Jin
Red
Omkar
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty What defines 'dignity' of women? Sat May 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Omkar

Omkar

Topic courtesy: Red.

Okay, so this one sprouted out of the argument in the voyeurism thread, when one of the members mentioned a certain thing about the freedom dressing up anyhow she wants till the dignity is maintained. Now, even I am curious about how you do, or want to define dignified carry off. In Islam, veil is dignity. In the west, even revealing outfits don't raise much of a hullabaloo. What's your personal opinion?

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Sat May 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Eh... I seriously admire what you're trying to do here.
Trying to pump some life into the once dead forum. But... that's really not what I said.

RandomChick wrote:Fundamentally, I'm allowed to wear WHATEVER I want, as long as I do not cross the limits of decency.
And then I wrote:....which is another cup of cheeseburger altogether.
How does one define "decency".
If somebody wants to open up another thread, feel free. I'll post.

Anyways, please edit the first post to accommodate "definition of DECENCY" too. We'll make it a combo thread where we discuss "decency" AND "dignity"

Dignity of Women:
Uh.... hm.... hm... eh...? I dunno.
I can't really comment on that till we have a "Sexism vs Feminism" thread to come to conclusions with the aspects and nature of frailty of women... DAMN! I was really hoping that I wouldn't make a sexist statement. I'm sorry, that's entirely my opinion and nobody else's.
So no more from me on that.

Decency of Dressing:
This topic can go both ways. Women and men are equally guilty.
Then again, how do we define decency?

No, screw you, I will NOT quote Oxford Dictionary or Merriam-Webster or anything! It sucks and I'm sick and tired of that shit and all you ass-hats who've been quoting dictionary definitions ever since the Cambrian Period!

Coming back to the topic at hand...
What is decent?
Can a miniskirt be considered decent?
Are low-waist jeans decent clothing?
We do have opinions but that's just our view. What we (at least myself, pardon me if I do not speak for everyone here) are trying to accomplish here is to discuss the issue and come into a conclusion of what can be a widely accepted definition or a list of DO's and DON'Ts regarding the matter at hand.

But for that what we need here now is the country's stand on it. What is the legal mumbo jobo on it.
Omakr/Ankita bring in the law books!

Well, one things for sure and I'm know you'll all agree, NUDISTS SUCK.

3What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Sun May 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

At this moment when the human race is undergoing so deep a tranformation pretty much the only rule regarding how women might appear in public is that they should not be stark naked.

4What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Mon May 31, 2010 6:47 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Red wrote:[color
What is decent?
Can a miniskirt be considered decent?
Are low-waist jeans decent clothing?
We do have opinions but that's just our view. What we (at least myself, pardon me if I do not speak for everyone here) are trying to accomplish here is to discuss the issue and come into a conclusion of what can be a widely accepted definition or a list of DO's and DON'Ts regarding the matter at hand.

Well, one things for sure and I'm know you'll all agree, NUDISTS SUCK.
[/color]

Decency is a variable that depends on the time.

In the 80's India, obscenity was a knee-high skirt.
Today that's a school uniform.

Perceptions change with time. Clothing changes with trends. Along with definitions of whats acceptable and whats not.

Also- Nudists suck, Because the only people you see at Nudist colonies are the people you NEVER want to see naked.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

5What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Mon May 31, 2010 7:15 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Arr0wHeaD wrote:
Also- Nudists suck, Because the only people you see at Nudist colonies are the people you NEVER want to see naked.
double that!

6What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:32 pm

Ankita

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Sorry Red there is no legal mumbo jumbo about decency... legal dictionary does not define decency. The max I can tell you is that there is 'The Indecent Representation of Women Act (IRWA)' which was enacted in 1987 which lays down stringent punishments for indecent representation or assault. Apart from that, under Section 354 of the IPC which punishes offenses against women, indecent circumstances depend on the following-
* An offence is indecent if a 'reasonable person' would believe it indecent, whatever the belief of the accused.
* An offence is not indecent if a 'reasonable person' would believe it not indecent, whatever the belief of the accused.
So roughly, you can interpret that decency is what a reasonable man (which in legal terms means any person who is of sound mind and body, here it loosely means neither a narrow minded person, nor a pervert) thinks is acceptable.
So answering your question, in the present Indian context, low waist jeans or mini skirts cannot be labelled 'indecent'. Of course, it largely depends on one's surroundings too. In temples, mini skirts are a strict no-no whereas they are easily acceptable in a disc. So defining decency, it is more like wearing something that can make you acceptable in the present situation, without sticking out like a sore thumb or being perceived as a bimbo.
PS: I am ANKITA, not Random Chick... Geez Red, please do me a favour and use my name!!

7What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Ankita wrote:
PS: I am ANKITA, not Random Chick... Geez Red, please do me a favour and use my name!!
now is that indecency?

8What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Ankita

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

No Jin it's just a request... don't analyse that bit!!

9What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

too bad

10What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:22 pm

renny

renny
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

What defines dignity of a man? His clothes only O.o
No ryte! then why u guys so keened on clothes? Every one has society sense, so they know what clothes they should wear and what not? Moral policing on this is just plain stupid.

" I am who I am, your approval isn't needed " Twisted Evil
What defines 'dignity' of women? Image027

11What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:56 pm

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

YESSSSSSSSHHHHHHH, well a woman can were whatever she pleases but if she DOES wear something like a mini-skirt and get her butt pinched she better NOT cry about it . there are certain places and certain clothes for certain occasions ,In a country like India certain parts of the population is backward and orthdoxed and may not find certain thing's decent ,but in the end its up to you on what you wanna wear

12What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:13 pm

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Why not ???!!!!!
its a free country
all i say is she better NOT whine about it later cause she did it through her own free will

13What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:20 pm

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

YOU PRAT ALL YOUR SAYING IS Mad
make up your mind ,or are you say ALL WOMEN should were something like a burkha??=_=

14What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:48 pm

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

-facepalm-
I know that's what i was say
If she does get her arse pinched she'll be the one at fault = P

15What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:51 pm

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

i think both are at fault cause well you.......some ppl cant be like other ppl there FAAGY PERVS and there are certain places you CAN dress like that and certain place you just CAN"T

16What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:58 pm

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

WELL IT'S TRUE, BUT WOULD YOU STAND IN A PUBLIC BUS FULL OF GUYS STARING AT YOUR LEGS , i agree not all girls deserve it, but some of them KNOW its gonna happens ,let it happen and then CRY OVER IT

17What defines 'dignity' of women? Empty Re: What defines 'dignity' of women? Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:33 am

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

cause your A HAIRY LEGGED FREAK?AND A GUY!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum