AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Admin on the block!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Admin on the block! Empty New Admin on the block! Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Omkar

Omkar

Initially I wanted to title this as 'From sacked G-Mod to the newly crowned Admin- Daone's success story' but then reverted to a more modest sounding title. Gosh, with responsibilities, you have to be careful, innit?

Anyway, so babas and babies, this might come as a surprise to you but your rulers have decided to take a backseat for now and pass on the reins of administration to a another person- ME. Though they might cite the reasons as laxity or lack of time, I would like to believe they've done that for the greater good and they discovered the greater good to be me (This is in essence to what I like to believe. Don't break my sweet pink illusionary bubble of self indulgent thoughts Razz). And so now that I have been entrusted this huge responsibility *corn-cheese alert* I would want to represent you, O dear subjects. And for that, you need to function as actively as me. Democracy is never for getting redundant, is it?

I got some proposals which I would like to put before you.

1. What I see on the forum that's been happening is only two main sections are active- Forum Games and Anime/Manga/Graphic Novels. I understand that games are lighthearted fun and most of the people here are migrants from Animestan and other forums but Amalganation here is an audio-visual forum people. We have loads and I mean LOADS of other equally, if not better, stuff to discuss. So you all are requested to generously contribute. As far as the games are concerned, we are barely short of going the kiss/slap/hug/date/wait way.

2. I am thinking of starting a 'Hall of Fame' thingy in which members will be commemorated under 'Pick of the week' and 'Post of the month', which I hope will enhance the number of posts, ensuring quality.

3. Who doesn't like bonuses, right? You may beg to differ outwardly and might intone 'lame' but c'mon everybody wants some more rep points. Currently, rep points are awarded sometimes randomly and mostly for nice posts. I say extend the norm- Each member starting 5 new threads will be awarded 1 rep. But yes, tripe will not be encouraged.

4. One tacky thing I found about the Admins the moment I joined is that they were very strict. I won't pinpoint anything and I do realize that its for the forum's own good but somehow, I think it leaves a bad taste when your threads are locked or deleted or you get a public bashing. So rest assured people, I am gonna be a relaxed one here (don't confuse it with lax) and you have all the freedom to discuss whatever you want. But please have a self lame-o-meter and don't bring the threads straight outta Orkut.

5. This place has given me a lot, trust me when I say that. It's helped me develop perspective-wise and even otherwise by providing a friendly platform of expression. There are loads of smart-ass people here (Check out the Colosseum and you'll know what I am saying) and I don't want them to be wasted which might happen if you members are not active enough. Chatbox and forum games are nice but that shouldn't be the only things that form Amalga. Debates and all are personally highly respected and encouraged- I am an Argumentative Indian after all. I bet you are too Smile

All in all, we have to buck up big time for our own good. Don't hold anything back, just let go and as they say *super-duper corn cheese alert* Cry out loud, for cryin' out loud- cuz your voice matters!

P.S. Anybody, nay, everybody is wanted to comment on this post and give me more suggestions.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2New Admin on the block! Empty Re: New Admin on the block! Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:58 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

First of all,congrats on becoming the new substitute admin. Razz
I appreciate these ideas that you've come up with..especially the 'Pick of the week' and 'Post of the month' ones but the sad part is I don't have that much time these days. Sad
So whatever little online time I get I spend it on reading blogs,tweeting or FB-ing.
But I'll try my best to post around whenever I feel like it.

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

3New Admin on the block! Empty Re: New Admin on the block! Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

Hey!...congrats...again Smile interesting proposals hope they work out

4New Admin on the block! Empty Re: New Admin on the block! Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

omkardaone wrote:
1. What I see on the forum that's been happening is only two main sections are active- Forum Games and Anime/Manga/Graphic Novels. I understand that games are lighthearted fun and most of the people here are migrants from Animestan and other forums but Amalganation here is an audio-visual forum people. We have loads and I mean LOADS of other equally, if not better, stuff to discuss. So you all are requested to generously contribute. As far as the games are concerned, we are barely short of going the kiss/slap/hug/date/wait way.

Yesh yesh.

2. I am thinking of starting a 'Hall of Fame' thingy in which members will be commemorated under 'Pick of the week' and 'Post of the month', which I hope will enhance the number of posts, ensuring quality.

Stupid. We already have a Amalganation Hall of Fame in the Anything Goes section. Neutral And besides, anyone is welcome to make that. As an admin, we can make the thread a Sticky.

3. Who doesn't like bonuses, right? You may beg to differ outwardly and might intone 'lame' but c'mon everybody wants some more rep points. Currently, rep points are awarded sometimes randomly and mostly for nice posts. I say extend the norm- Each member starting 5 new threads will be awarded 1 rep. But yes, tripe will not be encouraged.

REJECTED! REJECTED! REPS ARE NOT MEANT FOR THAT. Reps are not given cause you have made new threads. In that case, I should be having some 40 reps by now >_< I would ask you not to do this Omkar. The very essence of HAVING rep points is ruined. Reputation points are given if you think that person has posted something good.

4. One tacky thing I found about the Admins the moment I joined is that they were very strict. I won't pinpoint anything and I do realize that its for the forum's own good but somehow, I think it leaves a bad taste when your threads are locked or deleted or you get a public bashing. So rest assured people, I am gonna be a relaxed one here (don't confuse it with lax) and you have all the freedom to discuss whatever you want. But please have a self lame-o-meter and don't bring the threads straight outta Orkut.

I'm lessening my strict control on Spam.

5. This place has given me a lot, trust me when I say that. It's helped me develop perspective-wise and even otherwise by providing a friendly platform of expression. There are loads of smart-ass people here (Check out the Colosseum and you'll know what I am saying) and I don't want them to be wasted which might happen if you members are not active enough. Chatbox and forum games are nice but that shouldn't be the only things that form Amalga. Debates and all are personally highly respected and encouraged- I am an Argumentative Indian after all. I bet you are too Smile

So true. *sob*

All in all, we have to buck up big time for our own good. Don't hold anything back, just let go and as they say *super-duper corn cheese alert* Cry out loud, for cryin' out loud- cuz your voice matters!

._. Nice quote.

P.S. Anybody, nay, everybody is wanted to comment on this post and give me more suggestions.

Meow!

5New Admin on the block! Empty Re: New Admin on the block! Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

One more thing...decide if forum skins will last for one month or more, cuz if we decide to change them every month, then in the first week of every month, we need to put up 5 to 10 options for polling. Skin Polls will me made in the Announcment Section like the one already made.

Votes to the second largest choice will be carried forward to the next list.

Also, if you are having trouble with any part in the ACP, PM me, or go to the Help figure at the bottom right corner of the ACP. That will redirect you to Forumotion Forum - where all doubts regarding peoples' forum problems are discussed. And if you wanna try stuff out, try it on the threads in the Garbage Can. Nothing of value is lying there, anyway. I have moved out all non garbage threads.

Also, even though the forum is Amalganation, the purpose was Anime related, so don't really fuss over many anime fans coming here Smile Because that's what our Target audience is. Other's are always welcome, if they find this place, that is.

6New Admin on the block! Empty Re: New Admin on the block! Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:20 am

Omkar

Omkar

Aceviper wrote:

Stupid. We already have a Amalganation Hall of Fame in the Anything Goes section. Neutral And besides, anyone is welcome to make that. As an admin, we can make the thread a Sticky.

Amalganation Hall of Fame is not just wrongly titled, it's filled with what more suited for Chatbox archives or what should be renamed as 'Good ol' memories'. And first ten posts are more of clueless members posting somewhat similar to "Umm, okay, what now?"

Aceviper wrote:

REJECTED! REJECTED! REPS ARE NOT MEANT FOR THAT. Reps are not given cause you have made new threads. In that case, I should be having some 40 reps by now >_< I would ask you not to do this Omkar. The very essence of HAVING rep points is ruined. Reputation points are given if you think that person has posted something good.

Yep, as I said in the last line- quality is to be assured. I don't know why a person who is active, who wants to broaden the discussion topics should not be awarded. That's a GOOD thing Acey that one wants to share more and such a GOOD thing has to be encouraged- best way is rep points.

7New Admin on the block! Empty Re: New Admin on the block! Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

I disagree with the rep system that you want to enforce. Reps are +/- marks/points you give to a person because you found their post/thread interesting. It might leave a good impression or a bad one which is why there exists positive as well as negative repping. You just can't award reps to a person who is active or posts regularly. When they post regularly there is already a clear and visible change under their names in the form of 'Inactive member/Active member' and so on. Repping because someone started a lot of threads will only diminish the very aspect of awarding reps to people. I know every forum strives to be different from the rest available in the Cyber-world out there but, having said that, there are certain things that are better left as it is. And if we were to take your idea into account then only the regular posters will end up with higher reps compared to people who are irregular but post meaningful things.

8New Admin on the block! Empty Re: New Admin on the block! Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:58 pm

Omkar

Omkar

Ampitup wrote:And if we were to take your idea into account then only the regular posters will end up with higher reps compared to people who are irregular but post meaningful things.

You got a point there. Well it looks like we've reached a majority against this. Agreed. I won't do that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum