AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mona Lisa- hawt o not

+5
yuki
Aceviper
Jin
Ankita
Omkar
9 posters

What do you think of Mona Lisa?

Mona Lisa- hawt o not Vote_lcap11%Mona Lisa- hawt o not Vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Mona Lisa- hawt o not Vote_lcap89%Mona Lisa- hawt o not Vote_rcap 89% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Mona Lisa- hawt o not Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:17 pm

Omkar

Omkar

She needs no introduction. A painting by the 16th century artist Leonardo da Vinci named after(as widely accepted) nobody in particular is probably one of the most discussed and controversial figures who never existed. Recently, I came across an article that really made me wonder if we are taking the Mona Lisa fascination a tad bit too far. I know all of you have already seen the painting but still I will insert it here, just to refresh your memories.
Mona Lisa- hawt o not Monalisa

The article was about how a scientist discovered a discrepancy in one of the notable points of the paintings, that is, he discovered that Mona Lisa does have eyebrows. Apparently, for this discovery, he made a special 240 megapixel camera and observed the painting. His camera was able to peel off the layers of paint and finally, he found one hair of her eyebrow.
One hair Mona Lisa- hawt o not Icon_exclaim

I got a question- how does it friggin matter? But history bares many such instances of people going to ridiculous levels in the name of research. Now let me tell you, this painting didn't exactly create a worldwide sensation when it was finished. It was only after the Symbology discussions emerged as a rage in 18th century that Mona Lisa became so famous. It was then that controversies started. I want to list out some of the fascinating ones-

1. Mona Lisa was real. She was based on a Florentine lady.
2. Mona Lisa was real. The painting was made after her kids died. The enigmatic smile is a result of comedians hired to amuse her during the process of making the painting.
3. Mona Lisa was fictional but when Da Vinci gifted it to a certain king, he went bonkers over her beauty and dedicated his life in search of this lady.
4. Mona Lisa was Da Vinci's muse.
5. Mona Lisa was pregnant.
6. Mona Lisa was painted in nude too. It was kept at the back of the original.
and so on.

But the most striking point of Mona Lisa, according to people, is her enigmatic smile. She is supposed to have this smug smile which suggests she is hiding something. Personally, I don't think much about the smile or the beauty but then, people worldwide beg to differ. Probably the most thankful to this phenomenon is Dan Brown who cashed millions from the smile. In late 2005, Dutch researchers from the University of Amsterdam ran the painting's image through "emotion recognition" computer software developed in collaboration with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The technology demonstration found the smile to be 83% happy, 9% disgusted, 6% fearful, 2% angry, less than 1% neutral, and 0% surprised.
Can you believe that?! Mona Lisa- hawt o not Icon_eek

My point of debate- what do you think of Mona Lisa's smile? Is it intriguing for you too that it makes you think? Do you find Mona Lisa beautiful or would you too, like me, think of her as Mona aunty if she existed? Do you, like me, think she's grossly overrated?

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Ankita

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Yup she is GROSSLY OVERRATED...
Da Vinci was a prankster... The Da Vinci code says her smile is for the reason that Mona Lisa is the amalgamation of male and female. She hides the secret that Da Vinci, who according to most historians, was a flamboyant bisexual, believed in the balance of the male and female. Mona Lisa isnt the female everyone thinks her to be, but a half n half... like that isnt visible!!! Even her name, Mona is an anagram of Amon, the Egypatian God of fertility and Isis who was also known as Lisa. So like all Da Vinci paintings, this one too has a secret of its own. So what??
If you really prefer dark deep secretive paitings of Da Vinci, observe 'Madonna of the Rocks'... Its a true masterpiece. Go bang your heads against the wall to understand its meaning... And leave La Jaconde alone!!

3Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:55 pm

Omkar

Omkar

Whoa Ankita, you might've just roused a sleeping devil- Arrow. In a Da Vince enlightened mood, I called him up and still can't forget the bashing up I got. It was justified though. Let me tell you, Da Vince Code does seem to make a lot of sense but the actual fact is its almost 95% bull. Dan Brown has done a lot of research but he's research on all the controversial articles than the factual.
Kyo, you might want to lend her your shield. And some popcorn too, if you don't mind Wink

4Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:25 am

Mona Lisa- hawt o not 2n6g9dv

Guess who?

5Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:44 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

a dead historic?

6Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

@ Omkar - I'm making it a poll thread. Do YOU know how to make a poll thread?

7Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Omkar

Omkar

@Acey: Nope, how do I make/modify a poll options?
@Baggy: Whassit?

8Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:20 pm

yuki

yuki

While Da Vince is indeed a truly great artist, I've never seen anything 'extraordinary' about Mona Lisa. But I guess it got the popularity cos of the symbolism and stories behind it. ~.~

9Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:43 am

That pic was of a younger version of Leonardo da Vinci.. or at least Ubisoft Montreal's version of him XD

(Ubisoft Montreal = Video game company based in Montreal)

10Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

Da Vinci is a great artist ought to be respected for that...but the fact is that the Mona Lisa is overrated which makes me feel that we ought to have a look at his other works cause they are just as great

11Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

@DR:I completely agree...I lean towards the Last Supper.Now thats something to sit and go woah at.[I have a liking to it because I can't draw one person without making one hand longer than the other(s)]

12Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Now, Now!
What does Assassins Creed? Has to do anything with Mona Lisa?

13Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Fri May 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

nnot hot

14Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Sun May 23, 2010 4:41 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

i think we have proven that Mona Lisa ain't as hawt as many people think she is.

15Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

i dont think anyone sane would think shes hot

16Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:45 am

PvMills

PvMills
INACTIVE MEMBER!
INACTIVE MEMBER!

I am getting goosebumps thinking about why he drew her at the first place. o.O

17Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Ankita

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

@PvMills Oh she's not that bad... there are a lot more paintings that would give you goosebumps the size of boils in shock... She's over-rated and hyped-yes. But she is not a piece of crap!!

18Mona Lisa- hawt o not Empty Re: Mona Lisa- hawt o not Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:06 pm

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

well according to something i read the painting actually has 2 faces !!! the original painting was supposed to be of Da vinci himself and then a painting atop of a apainting was the monalisa , and if she was a beauty or not that sooooooooo up to Da vinci cause they say beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder ,there must have been something that about her that captured many ppl
And the painting was said to be incomplete and the ONLY work that was left Incomplete by Da vinci ,they say he regreted no finishing her later in life
But hey...who are we to talk about one of the most famous renaissance of all time
and well , DAN BROWN doesn't know shit about shit ,that why his books are found in the FICTION part of a book store ,i'm NOT saying he isn't a good author cause hes a amazing writer but fiction is just fiction

Last edited by p0laris on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : someone told me i said too little and it could be called spamming >_> i'm sorry i'm a person of few words but i'll do my best and try an redo ALL of my insufficient postsi)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum