AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Y - The Last Man

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Y - The Last Man Empty Y - The Last Man Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:32 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Y - The Last Man 277yman

This was probably the first comic I read that made me go "Why isn't this a movie already???"

I was going through the list of all VERTIGO DC titles in wiki. And damn, did the name sound cool. It was either Y - The Last Man or 100 Bullets. And I'm yet to read 100 Bullets.

Yorick Brown is an escape artist. Amateur, but still an escape artist. His mother's a congresswoman, Hero (his sister) is doing well now that she thinks she's found "the perfect guy" and his father is an English Professor.... kinda why the children(Yorick and Hero) have names form Shakespearean plays.
Yorick adopts a pet monkey(Ampersand) to help tie him up in straight jackets and lock him up. He needs practice. But the monkey has other plans. Other plans like throwing poop at Yorick. Yorick's long time girlfriend Beth is in Australia as part of a study trip of sorts. And he's so totally gonna pop the question. He even buys a ring.

Just as he does pop the question to Beth over phone, something terribly wrong happens. Something so horribly wrong that it could well mean the end of mankind. Every single creature with a Y-Chromosome is mysteriously killed by what seems to be a plague/curse. Every male creature dies at the same time all around the world... except Yorick and his pet monkey(Ampersand is a guy monkey).

Y - The Last Man Ythelastman200802010710

What's that? "Yorick's in heaven!" you say? Well, that was my first reaction, but 10 issues into the comic and I realize that it's just as bad if not any more worse.

The comic runs up to 60 issues and follows Yorick who's desperate to find Beth, Agent 355 who's assigned to protect Yorick and Dr. Alison Mahn who believes that Yorick can be cloned to bring back hope to humanity.

I've been hearing a Y-The Last Man movie rumor for quite some time now. And wikipedia has had that crap on about the Disturbia team take up the project. Come on! WHEN IS THIS GONNA HAPPEN? GIMME A FRIKKIN DATE! I'VE BEEN WAITING 2 FRIKKIN YEARS!!!

Y - The Last Man 40636204
Shia LaBeouf may look like Yorick from issue #1 but Ladiesman217 should seriously stick to Giant Alien Robots

A very good and critically acclaimed series that I'd recommend you, ANYONE, to pick up and start reading.

No I'm not worthy to make a WATCHMEN thread. I'm just not worthy.

2Y - The Last Man Empty Re: Y - The Last Man Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:52 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

din get time to read it yet
though will try it out soon!

and i think the movie is dated to 2011

3Y - The Last Man Empty Re: Y - The Last Man Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:16 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

VERY VERY TWISTY Storyline.

It's almost like the Simpsons, as in, if you look away for five minutes, things are unrecognizable (If you keep scrolling, that is)

And the token characters can be annoying sometimes, the Jap characters, the ONE Black character in the ENTIRE series, the Australians, The Pirates, The Ninjas, The Hillbillies, The Republicans, all very stereotypical.

But the plot is really hooky. As in, it hooks you in.
I'm not sure if 'hooky' can be used that way, but if it can't, I'm going to go submit the word to Urban Dictionary, so I can use it either way.

Oh, I remember, The Russians, another Stereotype...And The butch Israelis...Thats a lotta stock characters.

And the SPOILER
Spoiler:

And the ending SPOILER
Spoiler:

Was Face-palm worthy
In Fact, it was so worthy, I'm posting THIS
Y - The Last Man Facepalm_4

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum