AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Catch Me If You Can

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Catch Me If You Can Empty Catch Me If You Can on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:19 pm

kyo

kyo
Now this is one heck of a good movie... two of my all time Hollywood faves Tom Hanks and Leonardo Di Caprio in the same movie... (well... they are now.... some of their best works had not even released yet at that point....)... anyway...

Leo plays the part of Frank Abagnale Jr. a remarkably skilled con artist and counterfieter... who committed massive check fraud while masquerading as a member of several respected professions... doctor, lawyer, airline pilot... Hanks plays the part of an FBI agent (Carl Hanratty) who is determined to track down and apprehend Abagnale... the entire movie is basically a sometimes dramatic, but often hilarious cat and mouse game, with Hanks chasing Leo all over the USA... In the background the viewer will see how Frank becomes increasingly lonely and depressed due to his constantly changing identities... and how he longs for his family to be back together... (his parents are shown to be divorcing early in the movie... which is why he runs away from home and turns to crime).... You will see how the relationship between Abagnale and Hanratty grows and that is one of the truly awesome things about the movie...

2Catch Me If You Can Empty Re: Catch Me If You Can on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:19 pm

kyo

kyo
Since my other movie misadventure provided much amusement to the forum members... I thought I would put up another one.... this one is probably a story I will be telling my grandkids... and will have a special place in my memoirs if I am ever important enough to have to write them...

My experience: This movie had released in India in the end of Feb 2003... really a terrible time... Had my boards.... by the time I was allowed to see movies again... it had been close to a month since the release... and this my friends... was the scenario when I set out to watch this movie with a few of my friends...

Armed with a week old newspaper we went to a movie theater (in the Juhu area)... only to find that they had reduced the number of shows and the one we were aiming for was one of those which had been switched... not to be disheartened... we went to our backup plan.... (a 2nd theater... in the Khar area). Here, we were again shot down by non existent show times and full shows....By this time, we had realized that our information was obsolete and we quickly bought a newspaper... only to discover that the only other places where the movie was showing were in South Bombay / Town / Townside... as we like to refer to that area of Mumbai....

My friends immediately rejected my idea of commuting halfway across the city to see the movie... despite my vigorous appeals... they suggested that we should try to buy the tickets in Black for the next show (about an hour or so later if I remember right)... I cursed myself for not thinking of this idea sooner... but... wonder of wonders... when we went to buy the tickets in Black... guess what? Even the guy selling tickets in Black was out!! At this point my friends were telling me to give up and go home... and try for the next day...

However... I had made up my mind... I was going to watch this movie today... by hook or by crook.... even if I had to do it alone... My friends were still trying to convince me when I saw a very strange sight... one of my cousins and some of his friends were just walking away from the theater... they also seemed disgruntled... my cousin noticed me and walked over... we immediately realized that we were in the same situation...

My cousin asked me if I knew whether the movie was playing anywhere else... I told him about the showings in Town... some of his friends too started to say that it would be too much of a pain... but my cousin was also a stubborn guy... like me... and luckily.... a couple of his friends were in favor of the idea... and so... we formed an alliance... and left the others behind...

Bravely battling the perils of Mumbai's mass transit system... we arrive in town... but we only have 10 minutes to make it to the theater!!... We jump in the back of a taxi and promise to pay him 50 bucks or double the fare (whichever is more) if he gets us to the theater in time... what followed was something out of a Hollywood action movie... that man could have outperformed Jason Bourne behind the wheel... (Please note that this is gross exaggeration for theatrical effect... but still.... he really did drive like a maniac... more so than whats normal...)...

As we pulled in near the theater... my cousin tells me to run to the ticketing office with his friends while he pays off the taxi... We arrive at the counter... huffing and puffing.... the ticket seller looked a little creeped out... couldn't blame him.... a kid (me), and two 20-something girls and a 20-something guy running toward him at full pelt... We asked him for the ticked and waited with bated breath for his reply... and quite nonchalantly he says... 'Hai na... Balcony ki Stall?' Our cries of jubilation freaked him out again... but we gleefully grabbed the tickets and went in to see the movie...

And that dear readers... is how I first saw the movie Catch me if you can.... (seen it several times since)....

When I think about it now.... I find it even more hilarious... almost like that movie... Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle...

3Catch Me If You Can Empty Re: Catch Me If You Can on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:57 pm

yuki

yuki
whoa kyo... o.o ...that was actually very very interesting ( and i even read the WHOLE thing!) ...and about the movie, it was very good ^_^ dicaprio is so.... Catch Me If You Can 319287................................. yeah u get the point right? Razz and the plot of the movie was also really good..aint it based on a real incident or something?

4Catch Me If You Can Empty Re: Catch Me If You Can on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator
Got a balcony stall?! Isn't that a good seat?

5Catch Me If You Can Empty Re: Catch Me If You Can on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:40 pm

kyo

kyo
Balcony = Good Seat

Stall = Bad Seat

6Catch Me If You Can Empty Re: Catch Me If You Can on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:59 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower
yuki wrote:...aint it based on a real incident or something?

Yup in fact the movie is based on the life of Frank Abignale(or was it Abagnale?) Jr who became a con-master even before the age of 19.
In his later life,after getting caught and all,he even devised ways by which fake bank account cheques and drafts could be detected.
Thing is I liked this flick so much that I looked up all the info behind the making.
It was a fun movie.Fast-paced and thoroughly entertaining.

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

7Catch Me If You Can Empty Re: Catch Me If You Can on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:09 pm

I think this was the first adult movie I saw Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum