AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

twilight

+19
Ranko
Akea
ariana
Detective_Ryukai
Kazuki
Ankita
Kahoko_25
Red
kyo
Jin
yuki
heavealie
Rukawa_Kaede
Lady Poison
SaintExodia
MayFlower
Arr0wHeaD
Aceviper
Omkar
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1twilight Empty twilight Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Omkar

Omkar

I watched it. yes, I did indeed. And tell you what, its one of the best romantic movies that's ever been. The romance between the couple is something that wallows even the staunch sneerers of the romance genre. Twilight, I would not hesitate to say, has the potential to throw off Titanic as the ultimate romantic movie. Why potential, it already has! See the waves it created the world over. The characters are so endearing, the romance, the sacrifice so heart rending, the fight scene so adrenaline rushing, the transition from an awkward first meet to a passionate affair so blissfully lucid, it makes you want to fall in love, experience the intensity of such a divine emotion, that you are prepared to bet your own life for the sake of someone else...

Yeah, right!

Twilight is the most mind-raping movie that's ever been and that can ever be. I signed up for this momentous task just to experience how shitty can something be. Conclusion- IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE. I had to watch it in 4 sittings, Really. Why? Why did I do it? wyaaaaann!
Nothing about it makes sense. Why does everyone appear to have applied several layers of kiwi canvas shoe polish on their faces? Why does the girl get so much attention in spite of being such a weirdo- she's mono expressioned(wearing a stoned look with 2 buck teeth showing throughout the movie), mono-toned(no difference whether she's scared, excited, mushy or intrigued)...everything about her is singular, except, of course, her assets. The movie can in short be described as a bunch of wannabe actors came together and decided to make 'something diphrent'. They took a cinematographer from a horror movie(how would you explain the mind bogglingly inappropriate eye close-ups), a sleepy music director(gets the credit of feigning his own death in critical scenes and suddenly waking up and playing something eerie in whatever little is left), a blindfolded(hey, i m just being kind) clueless-about-what-he's-doing director, chose a hypothetically romantic script from an inane novelist and approached a philanthropic producer who's heart, by the way, bled due to recession affecting their country. So in a bid to create some jobs, LETS MAKE TWILIGHT EVERYBODY! Damn, no wonder I feel violated.

IMPACT:
1. The movie promises to alter several aspiring film editors' career dreams.
2. Can guarantee a drastic increase in the number of posts on fmylife.com (with one of mine- I WATCHED TWILIGHT. F MY LIFE!)
3. Put innumerable psychiatrists back into business.

Before i go off to find some rat poison for myself, I would like to post some last rant- this movie is NOT for the weak hearted. So watch (don't DON'T) at your own risk.
Hope you guys will there with bouquets by my grave. Hey, I died a daredevil.

Last edited by omkardaone on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2twilight Empty Re: twilight Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:02 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Make up your mind. Was it good or not?

3twilight Empty Re: twilight Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:26 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

...Ace, you're joking, right? 1st paragraph was sarcasm, in case you didn't notice...

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

4twilight Empty Re: twilight Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:25 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

omkardaone wrote:..why does the girl get so much attention in spite of being such a weirdo- she's mono expressioned(wearing a stoned look with 2 buck teeth showing throughout the movie), mono-toned(no difference whether she's scared, excited, mushy or intrigued)...

Totally and completely agree.When she says "I'm only afraid of losing you.' she looks like as if she were talking about her impending demise or something.She is so wooden in each and every one of the scenes.Kristen and Rob suck as Bella and Edward.No chemistry.No spark.Nothing.
The movie is so lifeless.I've never felt so disappointed and bored in my entire life.
I know you guys probably hate the novels too...but hey cut Stephenie Meyer some slack will you?They weren't that bad.Or maybe they are only meant to appeal to people with some amount of estrogen in their bodies. Razz

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

5twilight Empty Re: twilight Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:33 pm

A lot of estrogen. A lot.

6twilight Empty Re: twilight Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:28 pm

SaintExodia

SaintExodia
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

omkardaone wrote:i watched it. yes, i did indeed. and tell you what, its one of the best romantic movies that's ever been. the romance between the couple is something that wallows even the staunch sneerers of the romance genre. twilight, i would not hesitate to say, has the potential to throw off Titanic as the ultimate romantic movie. why potential, it already has! see the waves it created the world over. the characters are so endearing, the romance, the sacrifice so heart rending, the fight scene so adrenaline rushing, the transition from an awkward first meet to a passionate affair so blissfully lucid, it makes you want to fall in love, experience the intensity of such a divine emotion, that you are prepared to bet your own life for the sake of someone else...

I read that and I was like.. "I'm gonna have to kill someone in his sleep tonight -_-*"

Buuuut then, you continued and I became Very Happy

yeah, right!

twilight is the most mind-raping movie that's ever been and that can ever be. i signed up for this momentous task just to experience how shitty can something be. conclusion- IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE. i had to watch it in 4 sittings, really. why? why did i do it? wyaaaaann!
nothing about it makes sense. why does everyone appear to have applied several layers of kiwi canvas shoe polish on their faces?

+1

why does the girl get so much attention in spite of being such a weirdo- she's mono expressioned(wearing a stoned look with 2 buck teeth showing throughout the movie), mono-toned(no difference whether she's scared, excited, mushy or intrigued)...everything about her is singular, except, of course, her assets.

LMAO!

+2

the movie can in short be described as a bunch of wannabe actors came together and decided to make 'something different'. they took a cinematographer from a horror movie(how would you explain the mind bogglingly inappropriate eye close-ups), a sleepy music director(gets the credit of feigning his own death in critical scenes and suddenly waking up and playing something eerie in whatever little is left), a blindfolded(hey, i m just being kind) clueless-about-what-he*'s-doing director, chose a hypothetically romantic script from an inane novelist and approached a philanthropic producer who's heart, by the way, bled due to recession affecting their country. so in a bid to create some jobs, LETS MAKE TWILIGHT EVERYBODY! damn, no wonder i feel violated.

IMPACT:
1. the movie promises to alter several aspiring film editors' career dreams.
2. can guarantee a drastic increase in the number of posts on fmylife.com (with one of mine- I WATCHED TWILIGHT. F MY LIFE!)
3. put innumerable psychiatrists back into business.

before i go off to find some rat poison for myself, i would like to post some last rant- this movie is NOT for the weak hearted. so watch (don't DON'T) at your own risk.
hope you guys will there with bouquets by my grave. hey, i died a daredevil.

+9000

It's a SHE btw*

Absolutely right, my dear sir, I couldn't agree more. But I admit, I did sorta like the book (only the 1st one).

7twilight Empty Re: twilight Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:33 pm

Omkar

Omkar

its a she? ah, not surprising. Very Happy

8twilight Empty Re: twilight Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Lady Poison

Lady Poison
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

i have a block against Twilight in my brain, and it is permanent. sorry just felt like sharing that I HATE TWILIGHT.. only thing i like about it is the music, yea = )

9twilight Empty Re: twilight Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

I know!!Stupid movie!! I hated it!
And so instead of sitting through the whole thing well
See for urself:
twilight Screenshot-2
twilight Screenshot-3
twilight Screenshot-4
twilight Screenshot-9
twilight Screenshot-10
twilight Screenshot-17

Weird huh?

10twilight Empty Re: twilight Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Did I kill your internet??Sorry

11twilight Empty Re: twilight Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:41 am

Omkar

Omkar

wow, so kirsten DOES have some expressions, hun? my bad.

12twilight Empty Re: twilight Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:17 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Yup....my favorite one:
twilight Screen10

13twilight Empty Re: twilight Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:24 pm

heavealie

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

her eyes look like someone punched her.is twilight like rocky part 7 or something coz those expressions are perfect for a rocky movie.stephenie meyer cannot write worth a dime as already mentioned by king.so ppl start watching better movies like "there will be blood" and read better books.stephenie is like disney exploiting young minds and making big bucks.but one positive thing is that now every f****g person who has a pen or a camera in his hand will think that if stephenie can do it than why cant we so start scribbling on a piece of paper till people start calling it as a masterpiece.

http://heavealie.blogspot.com/

14twilight Empty Re: twilight Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:29 pm

yuki

yuki

o.o ...well i liked the book and robert pattinson is cute but the movie was shit =.=

15twilight Empty Re: twilight Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

the whole concept castin and plot is crap

16twilight Empty Re: twilight Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:47 pm

kyo

kyo

Why did you have to make a thread about this movie?? Why? I had almost successfully erased my memory of it...

My experience: It was a Saturday night... I finally had some free time after a weeks worth of 10 hour workdays... Like an idiot I decide to call Gina to see if she is free for dinner and/or a movie... she says that she has had dinner... but that she wants to go see Twilight... her two other friends and their boyfriends were also coming along and she didnt want to be the odd one out...

At this point I must inform the readers that I had absolutely no idea what Twilight was all about... I would have rejected the plan immediately if I had ANY clue that it was a teenage 'romance' including a horde of (conveniently) handsome/pretty vampires...

So anyway... I arrive at the theater to see Gina and her group... the girls all seem very excited... (already I am getting bad vibes...)... and the guys are... well... not so excited... (bad vibes intensify)... In hindsight... I really regret that I did not take the hint and just walk away with some made up excuse...

So we get in to the theater... and heres another omen of impending doom... the crowd in the theater is mainly adolescent girls... and theyre all giggling... If it wasnt for the fact that I really like Gina... I would have run away right then...

Anyway... the movie begins and my worst fears are confirmed...

Not only is the entire movie set in that depressing town with all the fog... but the director has probably gone out of his way to make the movie appear even darker... but its understandable... I mean... thats why the vampires chose that spot to live... right? But the endless scenes where the camera merely pans around the scenery were surely not necessary to drive home that point...

Then we have our 'heroine' I really couldnt see why she is such a big hit... she looked like a drug addict throughout the movie... heck.... she almost gave the vampires a run for their money in terms of paleness... she also has one stock expression... and I think she depleted her stock during filming... more often than not she has the (as I like to call it) 'Duh' expression on her face... occasionally she would do something else... but it never made enough of an impact to make it memorable...

Then we have our vampire crew... understandably stuck up... but really... except for the paleness and creepy eyes... they didnt really do or say much in the movie if I remember right... looked like the average high school snobby-popular-group....

Our hero.... whatshisface... the (conveniently) handsome young vampire who for some reason is very interested in our heroine... in the initial stages of the movie... I could swear that all he does is stare at her... and in a creepy stalker fashion... why didnt she call the cops or something anyway? Just cause he is the school hottie? I think if you cut out all the scenes of them staring at each other... you could easily shave a half hour off from the movie...

When our hero does open his mouth... he sounds so... hesitant... like he really isnt used to talking... I mean the dud... sorry... dude... is supposed to be a vampire right? These guys should be more assertive... with the overemphasized makeup... he really just looks... weird when he is talking... like a kabuki artist who went down a way way wrong path...

BTW the story itself was effing ridiculous... people getting chopped up and blood drained etc is big news... you would have cops and news crews all over it.... no matter where in this country you live... the baseball game was completely pointless... and impossible... even if they were vampires with super strength... those were ordinary balls and bats they were using... ball should have split in two and the bat would be bent out of shape... (engineer nitpicking...)

Somehow I managed to stick it out to the end of the movie... I dont know how I managed to get out of there without attempting to strangle one of those lovestruck teenage girls... but somehow I got home without having killed anyone... or myself...

What made the movie suck even more were all the giggling girls... after the movie... Oooh!! Isnt <'insert heros real name here'> just so dreamy? I wouldnt mind even if he was a vampire!! (Giggles) I would totally let him suck my blood...and other lovestruck comments along those lines.... it would have been okay if it was only after the movie... but there were plenty of 'Oohs!'... and 'He's so cute!' etc during the movie itself...

As for the group I was with... the poor guys who had suffered as much as I had were forced to undergo the additional indignity of listening to their girlfriends croon about whatshisface... Gina (thankfully) did not join them...

Perhaps it had something to do with my rigid expression... or the fact that when we stepped out of the auditorium... one of the Theatre attendants asked me... 'Did you enjoy the movie? I hear its a good one to go see with your girlfriend...' My reply... 'Only if youre under 16... and youre both girls.'

17twilight Empty Re: twilight Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:08 am

yuki

yuki

@kyo LOL Very Happy girls go for this movie cos of robert. he's the guy that acted in hp as cedric diggory. o.o apparently he's "freakin' hot" =.= the piano music in the movie was was just 'bout the thing tht was kinda good ..

18twilight Empty Re: twilight Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:18 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

oh cedric diggory thats from where i remember the douche from!
watchin hp 4 was just to see whether ralph will make the movie better !
but twas a big mistake!
and now a dead douche in an even crappier movie!
this sucks

19twilight Empty Re: twilight Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:07 am

kyo

kyo

Come to think of it... I may not have seen more than 2 of the HP movies... I think I saw the 1st one and the one with the escaped convict... Prisoner of Azkaban.... but thats about it...

20twilight Empty Re: twilight Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:15 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Kyo wrote:... one of the Theatre attendants asked me... 'Did you enjoy the movie? I hear its a good one to go see with your girlfriend...' My reply... 'Only if youre under 16... and youre both girls.
HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH
Killer, man! [+REP]

I didn't seen the movie and thank GOD I DID NOT! It's reviews like this that make me feel better. Thanks, man!

I normally don't like vampire movies. But UNDERWORLD was ok (NOT CANNON BUT JUST OK...ok?). I didn't even bother watching the sequel. I was planning to go for The Lost Boys. Any good?

21twilight Empty Re: twilight Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:11 am

kyo

kyo

Lost Boys is pretty old... but its good... definitely better than this... would be hard pressed to do worse than this (Twilight)... but I hear that a 2nd installment is on the way...

22twilight Empty Re: twilight Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Omkar

Omkar

@kyo: lovely review man! + 1 for you.
y'know i can't really see what's so hawt about our Diggory guy. i mean, his face seems professor Plutonium from Powerpuff Girls. he has this ridiculously thin lips(Girls like fuller, 'Times Trendz' research tells me) and broken nose. his body language is nothing outstanding, neither is his acting.
Maybe that's just because i am a guy. but hey, i can appreciate brad pitt(and his bloody face in Fight Club after the basement scene- hot!)...

23twilight Empty Re: twilight Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:59 pm

kyo

kyo

I wouldn't call it a 'lovely' review... but I get your point... heh...

In the end it was the attendant who made it possible for me to get home without attempting murder or suicide... he let me deliver a perfect barb... reduce my stress level... sometimes I still laugh when I think about that scene...

24twilight Empty Re: twilight Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:06 pm

SaintExodia

SaintExodia
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

@Kyo.. LOL! HILARIOUS!

Especially last line Smile

On the topic of Vampire movies... There's Swedish movie "Let The Right One In" Which is supposed to be good. (It's in the imdb top 250).
Try having a look : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

25twilight Empty Re: twilight Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:49 pm

kyo

kyo

The Swedes make movies??? I had no idea... well actually I did... but.... I dont think I have ever heard of this one... will try it...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum