AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cowboy Bebop

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cowboy Bebop Empty Cowboy Bebop Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:06 am

kyo

kyo

Must see by Shinichiro Watanabe... would watch it just for the music... but it also has characters like Spike and Faye to help it along.... not to mention Vicious...

I wont go into more details since I am SURE you have all seen this series.... r-i-i-i-ght? Evil or Very Mad

Gah... a little recap wouldnt hurt...

Spike and Jet are bounty hunters in the distant future where man has colonized space. They travel on their ship which is called the 'Bebop' to various planets to look for wanted criminals. Unfortunately Spike has a tendency to cause excessive damage when apprehending said criminals which usually leaves them broke again. Throw into this mix a female thief turned bounty hunter (Faye) and a crazy genius of a kid called Ed.... They all have dark pasts which they have to deal with.... their pasts become the focus of the story with the climax being Spike facing down his demons... enough said... just watch it... if you havent already...

2Cowboy Bebop Empty Re: Cowboy Bebop Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:51 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Saw the whole series three times on TV.

Now Arrow got the whole thing on DVD....i dont get tired of watching the thing how many ever times i watch it.

3Cowboy Bebop Empty Re: Cowboy Bebop Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:01 am

kyo

kyo

Dont see why no one else thought it worth their time to post in here... oh well... good to see one other Bebop veteran...

I actually havent watched Bebop in a while... I am forgetting much of the storyline already...

BTW... You did see the movie as well... right?

4Cowboy Bebop Empty Re: Cowboy Bebop Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

How many ARE there?

I've watched Knockin on heavens door.

but I'd give it a 6.5 on 10. Something in it didnt quite satisfy me.

5Cowboy Bebop Empty Re: Cowboy Bebop Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:45 pm

9/10 for me!! I absolutely loved it! I saw it on Sony Pix.

6Cowboy Bebop Empty Re: Cowboy Bebop Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:23 pm

kyo

kyo

Only one movie I hope... wouldnt forgive myself if I missed another chance to see Spike back in action... (Van from GXS was a ripoff... but he wasnt too shabby...)... I dont remember much of the movie... but I recall a gunfight in a train of some sort which I really liked... I seem to recall an Ecchi moment with Faye too... *Wipes drool*...

7Cowboy Bebop Empty Re: Cowboy Bebop Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Lady Poison

Lady Poison
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

another epic anime.. movie wasnt that great as expeced, but still good
cried like a baby during a few episodes, and after the last episode , i was like "*cries* its over? its over!" lol

undoubtedly one of the best anime u.u

8Cowboy Bebop Empty Re: Cowboy Bebop Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:42 am

kyo

kyo

You must watch Samurai Champloo... simply cause its by Watanabe and you already like Bebop... then theres... lets see... youve probably seen GunXSword... not bad but the pole dancing chick kinda disgusted me although she was hawt... You could try Macross Frontier too... but I guess the shades of angst are a bit louder... will put up more recos later... I guess Galaxy Express 999 would be a good reco as well but you would be hard pressed to find it (the series)... movies are also good and are much easier to come by though...

9Cowboy Bebop Empty Re: Cowboy Bebop Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:56 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

kyo wrote:You must watch Samurai Champloo... simply cause its by Watanabe and you already like Bebop...
its funnier

10Cowboy Bebop Empty Re: Cowboy Bebop Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:47 am

kyo

kyo

Well yeah... but Bebop was not meant to be funny... the series embodies the spirit of Jazz/Blues... or is it the other way round... same thing with Champloo... except it does that with Hip-Hop... which is... well... lively... and not 'Blue'...

11Cowboy Bebop Empty Re: Cowboy Bebop Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:38 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

personally i liked the movie tons more than the series!
the music and the suspense made it too good

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum