AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gyo (OVA)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gyo (OVA) Empty Gyo (OVA) Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:30 am

Ampitup

Ampitup

Synopsis: Something in Okinawa reeks, and it isn't long before Kaori and her friends realize that the smell is coming from dead fish, which are walking out of the sea. The fish are fused to metal legs and are infected with a disease contractable by humans that was invented as a weapon by unknown sources. After what happens to Tadashi, Kaori finds herself in a new world very much like the old one but with the stench of death.
Producers: ufotable
Genres: Horror
Duration: 1 hr. 4 min.
Rating: R+ - Mild Nudity

A bit of a far-cry from the manga but a job well done. This must be the only year where I'm getting and watching the latest movie/ova releases as and when they are subbed. Gyo's ova is nothing like the manga as it takes privileges when telling the story so don't expect a copy pasta job. The horror aspect is as amazing as the manga. I keep saying "manga" because during certain scenes, (I don't know if Ufotable did it this way) the situation just fast forwards leaving behind a wee bit carnage that is never explained. Don't read the spoiler if you want to watch the ova.
Spoiler:

This ova is worth a watch if you want to check something different in terms of horror or if you want to watch how the manga got animated. Not really for the faint of heart and it does have one explicit scene of sorts and mild nudity. So, if you think people barfing and spewing gas from their behinds is okay, then let Gyo be your guide.

2Gyo (OVA) Empty Re: Gyo (OVA) Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

Fuu, you should have asked me on the portal. If you still want the link then google for Gyo ova followed by animetake or animefansftw. Both sites mirror group releases so you can pick anyone you want. Animefansftw now has jumbofiles mirrors which has resumable links. Or you could just grab the mini-mkv from Animeout or Minitheatre (if they have already encoded it).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum