AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MAD - We're all just raving mad!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MAD - We're all just raving mad!! Empty MAD - We're all just raving mad!! Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 pm

BloodAlchemist

BloodAlchemist
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Well for starters, this isn't a graphic novel but rather a satirical cartoon magazine. And its ancient.

MAD - We're all just raving mad!! Madhk1

Shoplifting (or rather Sitelifting) from Wiki....

"Mad is an American humor magazine founded by editor Harvey Kurtzman and publisher William Gaines in 1952. Launched as a comic book before it became a magazine, it was widely imitated and influential, impacting not only satirical media but the entire cultural landscape of the 20th century.

The last surviving title from the notorious and critically acclaimed EC Comics line, the magazine offers satire on all aspects of life and popular culture, politics, entertainment, and public figures. Its format is divided into a number of recurring segments such as TV and movie parodies, as well as freeform articles. Mad's mascot, Alfred E. Neuman, is typically the focal point of the magazine's cover, with his face often replacing a celebrity or character that is lampooned within the issue."

So you have a fair idea how influencial this controversial magazine was. One big bad example of the influence of this magazine is Rock n Roll Legend Jim Morrison. He was a big fan of MAD when he was a kid and probably wouldnt have become the Rock God that he became if he hadnt been influenced by this magazine in his childhood.

My guitar teacher is a big fan of MAD. So thats where I got to hear of this magazine from. I read a couple of issues. And I was blown away by the beautiful satire. It can be aptly called ART.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum