AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dangerous Dave

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dangerous Dave on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Omkar

This is the game that survived me through my exam time. (Yeah, I am a stone aged gamer) Remember this 20th century game which was a rage at that time along with Alladin, Wolf 3D and others? The one in which the sound comes from the CPU, the simple 2 dimensional game involving guns, jetpack, monster and bonus levels all of simplest possible graphics? Well, I am real good a it, just not good enough to complete it. Somehow, I always get stuck in the 8th level.
Anyone completed it?

View user profile http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2 Re: Dangerous Dave on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:51 am

Red

Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Omkar, Dave is a classic but I never really liked it much even as a kid.

For one thing, it took some time for the guy to jump up and glide down.
And the fact that it was just.... well, frustrating in some weird way.
I'd have rather played Contra, Mario, Circus Charlie or even Legend of Kage in my NES!
Oh the good old NES years! Hmmmm.... *drools at pixel jugs*

The jetpack and the gun were two features I really liked and to be honest, I hadn't ever seen a jetpack in ANY OTHER game till Dave. There was AlienCarnage but that came after a long time.

Quite frankly I'd rate Dangerous Dave as a mediocre game but it is worth playing (..... maybe once or twice) only because it's a classic.
But you gotta give credit to the guy who made it as I'm more than sure that's one of the most influential DOSGames ever made.

omkardaone wrote:Well, I am real good a it, just not good enough to complete it. Somehow, I always get stuck in the 8th level.
Anyone completed it?
My my, aren't you full of yourself! =P
Ever watched the speed runs on YouTube?

And I haven't finished it. I don't even think I'd ever play that game again, let alone complete it.
Stuck in Level 7 or something.
Ah well, none of my concern anymore.

*jumps off the roof in CANABALT*

I'm not implying anything but merely pointing out the futility of your posts!

"How art thou fallen from Amalga, oh R3dW0Lf?"

View user profile

3 Re: Dangerous Dave on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:51 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Oh man i remember this game! the lil dude jumping around to avoid stuff....hehehe i used to play this game when i was a kid....funny...

View user profile

4 Re: Dangerous Dave on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:10 am

kyo

Only games I played from the DOS era were Prince of Persia, Pac Man and Paratrooper... then it was a straight jump to Windows 2000 games for me...

There are three reasons why you can't defeat me. One: Your sword is too light. Two: There's nothing I can't cut. Three: I'm more handsome than you - Kyo
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum