AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

+2
Red
Arr0wHeaD
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Empty Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:07 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Jake-gyllenhaal-prince-of-persia-movie-poster_a

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is an upcoming action-adventure fantasy film written by Jordan Mechner. The film is based on the 2003 video game of the same name, developed and released by Ubisoft Montreal.

The film stars Jake Gyllenhaal as Prince Dastan, Gemma Arterton as Princess Tamina, Ben Kingsley as Nizam, and Alfred Molina as Sheik Amar.

It is the fourth film under the Walt Disney Pictures banner to receive a PG-13 rating by the MPAA (and the first not in the Pirates of the Caribbean series) for intense sequences of violence and action. Despite the film being primarily based on The Sands of Time, elements from Warrior Within and The Two Thrones are also incorporated.

What more can I say?

This guy looks pretty much perfectly suited to the role, judging by the poster above. But movies based on video games have had a consistently bad record...

Whats the general opinion on this one?

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

2Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Empty Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:24 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

True, the guy looks exactly like The Prince (not to be confused with Arr0w's Other Thread)
And the chick who plays the Princess/Kylena/Oracle/HotChick is .... *drool*

Ehm,... but just one word ruins all my expectations for the movie,.... it's DISNEY!

Oh and Ben Kingsley
*thumbs up*
Excellent choice

...But I think this one'll flop.
I pity poor old Jordan Mechner.

3Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Empty Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Tue May 18, 2010 9:51 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

*Thumbs up* action! sword fighting! yay! i love! i really wanna watch this movie!

4Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Empty Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Kazuki

Kazuki
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

The movie was good until the last 15 mins..which totally annoyed me...
and JAke Gyllenhaal..*sigh*
The only other problem with the movie was that...well...it's prince of *persia*...why's everybody white?

5Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Empty Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 am

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

*nod nod* i loved the stunts the fighting .etc etc. last 15 minutes were a bummer. Jake Gyllenhaal looked pretty good *grins* Gemma wasn't as pretty as they claimed Razz and i didn't get why all Persian's had British accents.

6Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Empty Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

I haven't watched it, but Jake Gyllenhall is defiantly not one of my favorite people in this universe.

Reason 1: He has chest hair.(HE DOES!!! Google him and go to images.)
Reason 2: He tricked Jennifer Anniston and Natalie Portman to go out with him! :O
Reason 3: I know a lot of people who like him and that makes it even more fun to find faults with him. ^_^

But I'd say according to the posters he does suit the role though.

7Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Empty Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:31 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

I knew from the opening credits that the movie would suck.
Which it did.... mildly but yes.

Was having a lot more fun with GOD OF WAR - CHAINS OF OLYMPUS (PSP) then this movie.
It is true that he fits the role of The Prince (only in appearance) but fans of the game must have been wanting a desolate storyline, more grim and dark and .... WHERE THE HELL IS FARAH? They came all the way to India(assuming the city of Aazad was in India) but no sign of the hot Indian warrior princess? OH COME ON! BOOOOO!! This sucks....

Then again, you can't blame the actors for Disney's fault. Evil corporation ruined a movie. PoP couldn't have been more kiddie-ized that this. Only thing missing was a guy in a giant rat-suit. And again, no Farah. Where's Farah? I want my 1 hour and 20 minutes back!

Jake Gyllenhaal, please stick to being a teenage psycho who's friends with a bunny named Frank. PLEASE!

PS: The girl was too skinny for my taste.

8Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Empty Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Red wrote:
The girl was too skinny for my taste.

Your cheerleaders are pretttty skinny...

9Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Empty Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

Finally got the chance of watching a BR rip of this one.
Epic Fail!! From a gamer POV. Was expecting a lot more and like with most games turned into movies, it failed to live up to the expectations. It happened with Max Payne and now this >_>
The wall run and back flip, reduced to a mere one time shot and no warrior princess in sight.
The finale wins a worthy lmao. According to this so called princess, placing the dagger in the Hourglass of Sand will unleash the sands that would destroy the world. The Nizam wanted to turn back time and become king. Then how the hell did princy here turn back time and not release the sands? Disney saves the world again?!

10Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Empty Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:57 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Oh goddammit.

I watched the movie now. Around a year after I made this thread.
I watched it on TV, and BOY was I dissapoint.

Red, you want your 1.5 hrs back? With ad's I need my 2 hours back. Holy CRAP was that awful or what.

For starters, it RUINS the original story which was at least 10 times better.
Spoiler warning for those who haven't played the game-

Spoiler:

Aaargh, so pissed about this. It had SO MUCH potential. They should have gone with the original old Jordan Mechner Prince of Persia storyline if they wanted to take so much creative liberty and basically disney it all up. That storyline is the standard-save kingdom-get princess crap that Disney lives on.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum