AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yui (JPop)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yui (JPop) Empty Yui (JPop) Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Yui was born in Fukuoka, Japan. She grew up in a single parent family and does not have any memory of her father. She states that she has always been close to music; be it from her mother's car stereo or the radio, she would remember the tunes and sing along. By the time she was in elementary school she thought she would like to become a singer.

During her third year in middle school, under her mother's influence, Yui began a journal of her everyday feelings and poetry. By the time she was in high school, she was writing songs. While in high school, she worked part-time to help pay for tuition. Always busy, she thought there was no longer a road to achieving her dreams of a music career. Eventually she became ill. While in hospital, she was overcome with desire to make music. She decided that school and music could not coexist. Upon leaving the hospital she encountered a live street performance and expressed her desire to pursue a musical career to the band, Bianco Nero, at the end of the concert. Bianco Nero advised Yui to join a private music school. Yui soon dropped out of her high school and began to study guitar and songwriting at a juku in her hometown of Fukuoka. Aspiring to become a professional, she took to street performing at Fukuoka's Tenjin Station. These street performances helped Yui to overcome her shyness.

Studio albums

* 2006: From Me to You
* 2007: Can't Buy My Love
* 2008: I Loved Yesterday

Compilation albums

* 2008: My Short Stories

Links to albums ->

1) Yui - Can't buy my love.zip

2) Yui - From Me To You.rar

3) Yui - I Loved Yesterday.rar

4) Yui - My Short Stories.rar

2Yui (JPop) Empty Re: Yui (JPop) Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:10 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

Oh yea I love Yui too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Sun_%28film%29

This is apparently a movie in which Yui's character is partly based on her real self.I'm looking forward to watching it Smile
And where exactly are the links to the albums?

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

3Yui (JPop) Empty Re: Yui (JPop) Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Midnight Sun or Taiyou no Uta is a really emotional movie. I watched it back when it came out...around 2006...one of her most popular songs, Goodbye Days is from the movie. Well, Taiyou no Uta made me cry a lot so if you're not all for emotional/cranky movies, I wouldn't recommend it.

And Yui, well, has to be one of my favorite female J-pop artistes. She's immensely talented and pretty cute too Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]