AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:15 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Uprising Member
Uprising Member
Well, I haven't watched good anime horror in a while and I thought both of these interlinked series did a good job...

Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror (as some of you may know) is a collection of three samurai horror tales. The first one - Yotsuya Kaidan used to be a Kabuki play and is a story of betrayal and revenge. The second - Tenshu Monogatari, is a forbidden love story between a human and a god. And the last, my personal favourite, Bakeneko, is about a travelling medicine seller who puts ayakashi/mononoke (I don't know the exact terminology so I will simply categorize this as "violent spirits") to rest. While I don't mind watching this over and over again because of its awesome ancient Japan-ness, I'm not sure everyone will enjoy it too many times. Still, it's definitely good to watch for a couple of times at least. And it's only 11 episodes...so it's not much of a problem, ne?

Mononoke is a spin-off series based on Ayakashi's Bakeneko character - the medicine seller (kusuri uri). It taps his journey as he encounters newer mononoke and finishes them off. Since I'm a huge fangirl of the medicine seller, I absolutely had to watch this one. Even those who simply like the guy a little, can go ahead and enjoy the series. Spread out over 12 episodes, it makes for a good watch!! ^^

View user profile

Ampitup

Shweta ^___^ Where can i find this anime...I wanna watch it but its .avi everywhere X_X 100+ MB/episode. Anywhere with smaller file size. Arigatou

View user profile

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Uprising Member
Uprising Member
Which one do you want, Ayakashi or Mononoke? Because Mononoke is available on www.cyber12.com where the files are .mkv, so they're small and yet not of such horrible quality. In case it's Ayakashi you need, let me know...! ^^

View user profile

Ampitup

Domo Arigatou Shweta-san. I wanted links for Mononoke. I've already seen Ayakashi *goes off to d/l battle cat err...Mononoke*

View user profile

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Uprising Member
Uprising Member
Ahhh!! Mondai nai!! I'm sure you'll love the series...I totally did and not just 'coz I'm a girl either...\(^o^)/

View user profile

Jin

Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor
its too slow and wierd

View user profile

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Uprising Member
Uprising Member
Oh...which one did you find slow and weird? Ayakashi or Mononoke? Ayakashi does tend to slow down in the Tenshu Monogatari arc. Mononoke is awesome! But if you think it's weird because of the art style, you're not alone. A lot of people hate that canvas style art...

View user profile

Jin

Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor
ayakashi is slow from the beginin

View user profile

Ampitup

For some reason I liked the art in Mononoke.
Its quite different from the regular style and its kinda beautiful in its own special way.
Finally done with the series and I have to say, its really good. I would have said awesome if it wasn't for the slow paced story. But nonetheless its really wonderful Mad

View user profile

shruti

Uprising Member
Uprising Member
I loved bakeneko.... the guy was sort of cute.. so it got to me..
I love this kind of mild horror with minimal gore. Neutral

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum