AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Neighbor Totoro

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Neighbor Totoro Empty My Neighbor Totoro Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:44 am

kyo

kyo

In case people have not noticed.... the Logo of Ghibli Studios happens to be a couple of Totoros...

Really one of the cutest/sweetest anime movies I have ever seen... Wiki Ripoff...

In 1958, the Kusakabe family reunites when a university professor and his two daughters, Satsuki and Mei, move into an old house in rural Japan to be closer to the hospital where his wife is recovering from an illness. The daughters find that the house is inhabited by tiny animated dust creatures called soot sprites—small house spirits seen when moving from light to dark places. When the girls become comfortable in their new house and laugh with their father, the soot spirits leave.
While she is playing outside one day, the younger daughter, Mei, sees two white, rabbit-like ears in the grass. She follows the ears under the house where she discovers two small magical creatures, who lead her through a briar patch, and into the hollow of a large Camphor Laurel tree. She meets and befriends a larger version of the same kind of spirit, which identifies itself by a series of roars she interprets as "Totoro" (in the original Japanese dub, it stems from Mei's mispronunciation of the Japanese pronunciation of the word "troll"). Her father later tells her that this is the "keeper of the forest".

This is one of those anime movies which should be made mandatory viewing.... enough said....

2My Neighbor Totoro Empty Re: My Neighbor Totoro Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:22 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Did ya like the cat bus kyo?? I thought the whole thing was fascinating. Yep...another Miyazaki masterpiece.

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

3My Neighbor Totoro Empty Re: My Neighbor Totoro Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:28 pm

kyo

kyo

I liked the whole concept... it just gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling to watch this movie.... (as do most of his movies)..... Cat-buus was awesome.... but my favorite scene is from the poster when they are waiting at the bus stop..... that was hilarious....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum