AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spirited Away

+2
DIE HARD
kyo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spirited Away Empty Spirited Away Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:33 am

kyo

kyo

Again... a Miyazaki Ghibli combo.... this one really needs no intro.... but... again.... I will post a wiki ripoff for the uninitiated....

Ten-year-old Chihiro and her parents are moving to a new town, much to Chihiro's displeasure. While driving, they get lost and her father decides to take a 'shortcut' down a mysterious forested pathway. After a short but bumpy drive, the family comes to a stop at what seems to be an abandoned theme park. Curious, the father leads his family through a tunnel and explores the park, finding a deserted town and a stall full of freshly-cooked food. The parents greedily help themselves while Chihiro refuses to eat. As Chihiro's parents are eating, she wanders off and meets a boy named Haku. Haku seems to be familiar with Chihiro and warns her to escape with her parents; she returns to find they have turned into pigs, and that the way back has become a deep river. Spirits appear and go about the park. Haku secretly takes Chihiro to a large bathhouse to avoid alerting the spirits to her presence. Haku then tells her that she must get a job from the witch Yubaba, the owner of the park's bathhouse, until he can help her recover her parents and escape.

I think its practically impossible for a person not to like this movie.... unless all youre after is zip-bang-boom action and nudity.... which basically excludes everything Miyazaki has ever been part of.... points for visuals again.... a nice story... wildly imaginative backdrops... good accompanying music.... and Miyazakis usual Environmentalist themes.....

2Spirited Away Empty Re: Spirited Away Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:33 pm

This was a very nice movie. I've watched it at least 5 times by now (or more) xD. It was...different. More magical (I guess...) and was from a very different prospective (I don't know what I'm saying.) ;D

But yes, I liked this movie. I don't have it on dvd or anything. But I must make sure to get it! ^_^

One of the best Anime movies, I've seen.

3Spirited Away Empty Re: Spirited Away Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:20 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Spirited away is one of the greatest anime movies ever made! Period.

Miyazaki san's imagination is so vivid and rich that it's mind boggling. A movie everyone should watch at least once.

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

4Spirited Away Empty Re: Spirited Away Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:33 pm

kyo

kyo

Yeah.... most definitely.... and you got to love how he works Enviro and/or Pacifist themes into every one of his movies somehow.....

5Spirited Away Empty Re: Spirited Away Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:40 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Btw...have you ever noticed kyo (bah! Who am I kidding? Of course you have!) that how the protagonist of all the Miyazaki flicks turn out to be young girls? Wonder why is that?

6Spirited Away Empty Re: Spirited Away Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:50 am

kyo

kyo

Because he is s secret Lolicon!!! Thats why!!

That was just a joke!! Dont kill me!!

Well... I dunno why.... but there are usually guys on the side who help out too arent there???

7Spirited Away Empty Re: Spirited Away Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:54 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

This movie was very good and yea I kinda have to agree with Dh on the "best anime" thing. And I'm the kind of guy who literally falls asleep watching this kinda stuff. And I did fall asleep watching HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE. Ask Jin.

My favourite scene in the movie has to be the SLUDGE THING. I'm avoiding (possible) spoilers by calling it SLUDGE THING. But I loved that thing!

BTW, didn't SPIRITED AWAY win an oscar or something?

Kyo wrote:I think its practically impossible for a person not to like this movie.... unless all youre after is zip-bang-boom action and nudity.... which basically excludes everything Miyazaki has ever been part of.... points for visuals again.... a nice story... wildly imaginative backdrops... good accompanying music.... and Miyazakis usual Environmentalist themes.....
*raised eyebrow*
Was that aimed specifically at someone?

Die Hard wrote:
....the protagonist of all the Miyazaki flicks turn out to be young girls? Wonder why is that?

Kyo wrote:Because he is a(*) secret Lolicon!!! Thats why!!
That was just a joke!! Dont kill me!!

Well, now that you mentioned,.... sounds very probable!
If a guy can make a very imaginative movie like THIS, then sure he can make one with a male protagonist,... young or otherwise, but he doesn't. The loli theory seems very convincing.

8Spirited Away Empty Re: Spirited Away Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:25 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Red wrote:And I did fall asleep watching HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE.

That's kinda hard to believe.......

BTW, didn't SPIRITED AWAY win an oscar or something?

Yes it did. For best animated flick in 2003. The film beat competitors like Ice Age and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron in the race,so you know that it's really good.

Red wrote:
kyo wrote:Because he is a(*) secret Lolicon!!! Thats why!!
Well, now that you mentioned,.... sounds very probable!

Blasphemy! Sacrilege!! You two should just eat shit and die!! Miyazaki san is GOD!

9Spirited Away Empty Re: Spirited Away Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:33 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

Kudos to Miyazaki's imagination for coming up with this visual treat.Now I understand what all the hype and the hoopla had been about.Too bad I only watched this movie yesterday.. Sad Finally!

I especially sympathised with the character of No-Face,Chihiro's lonely friend who accompanies her to Zeniba's place.
And the sludge monster scene was epic too...
Now I'm gonna go on a Miyazaki-movie-watching-spree for sure.

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

10Spirited Away Empty Re: Spirited Away Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:29 pm

kyo

kyo

of course you will... Miyazaki is da man!!! Yeah... this one is definitely one of my all time hits....

11Spirited Away Empty Re: Spirited Away Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Andreas

Andreas
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Spirited way u say?ok i got curious sounds like my type....gonna watch..thanks for the great suggestion!!!!!!!!!

12Spirited Away Empty Re: Spirited Away Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

its Spirited Away
deserves the oscar
nice and sweet for all ages

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum