AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Umineko no Naku Koro ni on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:45 pm

MayFlower

Alternative title:
When the Seagulls Cry

When They Cry 3

Genres: horror,mystery,psychological,supernatural,thriller

Themes: gore,who's the culprit

Plot Summary:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place in the year 1986, during the time frame of October 4 and October 5 on a secluded island named Rokkenjima. The head of a wealthy family named Kinzo Ushiromiya, who lives on and owns Rokkenjima, is near death, and eight of his family members arrive on the island to discuss how Kinzo's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are three family members who live there, five of Kinzo's servants, and his personal physician. After the eight family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island and shortly after people start to get mysteriously murdered.

Copy-pasted from ANN.

Now about my view of the series..this is one of my latest downloads..though I haven't downloaded the whole thing yet 'cause it's ongoing.
But it's really interesting....with plenty of gruesome murders,whodunnit plot,and a creepy witch story in the background.
In the beginning I thought this was like some random murder mystery series but actually it's quite different.There's a constant war between superstitions revolving around witches and black magic and the protagonist's(Battler Ushiromiya)belief in a rational explanation behind all the happenings on the spooky island.
I have watched only upto episode 7 and so far so good...(with the exception of some predictable scenes and melodrama)

Last edited by MayFlower on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

2 Re: Umineko no Naku Koro ni on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:48 pm

DIE HARD

Have you read "And then there were none" by Christie? It's pretty much a rip off,with some supernatural elements put into it to make stuff interesting.

But among the "Naku Koro Ni" titles,Higurashi still pwns the rest! Now that was BLOODY awesome!!

P.S: I like the op theme of this series.

View user profile http://insaneanime.ning.com/

3 Re: Umineko no Naku Koro ni on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:02 am

Ampitup

whoa...a new series...Razz oh i'll wait till all the eps are up. Hate the waiting >,>
Higurashi's the best. Blood and gore Very Happy

View user profile

4 Re: Umineko no Naku Koro ni on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:05 pm

MayFlower

@DH senpai:Ah I haven't watched Higurashi Naku Koro Ni.Just onto this one.
And no Agatha Christie either.Maybe I'll give them a try someday.
(Damn why are there soooo many good books in the whole wide world? )

@Ampitup:Yep waiting for episodes to be released is kind of a pain really.

View user profile http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum