AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annoying Ad's

+4
kyo
MayFlower
Aceviper
Red
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Annoying Ad's Empty Annoying Ad's Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:33 pm

The polar opposite to the Favourite Advertisements thread, this one got quite a good response at the old, slow, but lovely Animax forum. The title is self-explanatory, of course. Discuss ad's that you can't stand.

Currently, the one that prompted me to create this topic (My first 'productive' one on this forum) is that horrible "Friendship Express" Docomo ad.

For the uninitiated (Kyo), here it is- Docomo Friendship Express

I don't think I have to elaborate what part of that ad is annoying!! ARGHH!!

PS:- Yes, Sammy, we know which one you hate. Please mention ad's other than that Razz

2Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:36 pm

It causes me to spin like this

<----

3Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Yes, friendship express ad definitely in my hate-list. Super annoying.
I feel like killing the chinky dude who goes AAAHH AEEE AHHH OOOO!! jazzing it up kinda,... and that little girl who starts singing when everybody stops. Little girl first, then chinky dude,... everybody on that train is gonna die!
Bagpipes wrote:It causes me to spin like this
<----
What doesn't? =P

4Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

I saw it...

I dont believe it. Its so friggin stupid. Very annoying. Singing for no apparent reason IS annoying. Those Hutch white people ads used to irritate me too. Forgot what they were called. Googoos? Those silly snowmen, yet not snowmen people walking around - the new (now old, i think...) mascots for Vodafone...still can't remember their name...

You know what I'm talking about, right?

5Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:41 pm

Zoozoo's? They were pretty awesome while the novelty lasted. Then Vodafone overdid it with, like, a kazillion more ads.

6Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:45 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

Yea that Docomo ad definitely annoys the hell outta me.Apart from that I hate the Lux one starring Ab-Ash.Erm yea we all know both of you are really lovey-dovey in real life and can't keep your hands off each other.But give us a break okay?
We're already tired of seeing your fake smiles and 'we-are-aww-sho-happy-as-a-couple' act in public all the time.Get a life for God's sake....we got other things to do apart from brooding over your marital bliss.

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

7Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:34 am

kyo

kyo

Lolz.... this is one thread which has absolutely no meaning for me. I cant watch any adverts even if I wanted to (I do not have a cable connection!!) but if you want to see dull ads.... you should watch adverts of some of the medications they have here.... for like a full minute... they will talk about all the possible side-effects and then tell you to ask your doctor if XYZ medicine is for you.

My personal favorite:

I saw this at a friends place. This was supposed to be some advert for some ANTI-depressant....

Possible side-effects include... Nausea, Dizziness, Depression..... I was like wait.... WTF? DEPRESSION??? As a side effect to an ANTI Depressant???

8Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:03 pm

ai-chan

ai-chan
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

MayFlower wrote:Apart from that I hate the Lux one starring Ab-Ash.Erm yea we all know both of you are really lovey-dovey in real life and can't keep your hands off each other.But give us a break okay?
We're already tired of seeing your fake smiles and 'we-are-aww-sho-happy-as-a-couple' act in public all the time.Get a life for God's sake....we got other things to do apart from brooding over your marital bliss.
Ha ha...btw they were apparently paid 25 crore rupees (an obscene amount by any standards) for this ad.

http://forum.animeindia.com

9Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:52 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Heh! A married couple getting paid 25 crores just to act like a married couple on television for a couple of minutes. The irony of it all. Sigh.......

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

10Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Kahoko_25

Kahoko_25

Well there's this Harpic commercial, which annoys me to the core. I mean seriously....why do they HAVE to air it during lunch or dinner timings? That's way too disgusting!!! Don't they have any other time to air it? And the worst part is, they clearly show the liquid being applied to the INNER part of the toilet...which after 20 minutes or so... when rinsed with water...the whole toilet is clean. Now how in the world does that happen?=_=

And It's just not me in the family who feels the same about this particular commercial. I still burst out laughing at seeing the expression my older cousin gives while he see's that commercial. Man!!! this commercial is Sooo Disgusting.

11Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:47 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

Yea I agree with you Kahoko.My mom would probably agree with you even more 'cause she literally cringes everytime the ad comes on tv.
Like I said before....I wonder what's wrong with ad-makers these days.For Christ's sake find some other way of showing how useful a toilet cleaner can be without grossing out the viewer.
The commercial is disgusting with a capital 'D'.

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

12Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:57 pm

disgusting with a capital 'D'.

lol sammy people stopped saying that in 1992

13Annoying Ad's Empty Re: Annoying Ad's Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:06 pm

Ankita

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Two very fab ads that wants me to claw my face off- One is the new Micromax ad with this guy bumping into old women and pushing an infant's pram into the escalator just because he is watching a movie on his phone before finally falling off the edge. Seriously, what was the guy who made this ad thinking? No matter how good the phone is, the ad makes it totally repulsive!
The other ad is something I heard on the radio. Its this chick who's talking about her cousin doing an MBA which she equates to the 'Master of Bullshit Attitude' and bragging about how she earns 70000/- right after 12th thanks to Frankfinn. The ad ends with the cocky chick asking 'How much does an MBA make'? I felt like smashing the radio on hearing this ad. Stupid female, you're a 12th cleared idiot, she has a post graduation degree. And even if her starting is not that glamorous, in 10 years, she's probably earn 5 times your salary. And even if she puts on a few pounds, her salary won't be affected. Most importantly, are you plain jealous that you don't have brains sharp enough that somebody should pay you for it? Then it's fine!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum