AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING - Review(?)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING - Review(?) Empty BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING - Review(?) Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING - Review(?) 74941439

Ranting:
The story begins long ago, after I finished watching 2001: A Space Odyssey. I was so taken by the movie that I read the entire wiki article and the related articles, even some of the external links. Yes, I was totally nuts about it.
My favorite character in the movie was Dr. Bowman played by Keir Dullea so I checked a list of his other movies. And then "Bunny Lake was Missing" came up. Weird title, so I got it.

More Ranting:
BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING stayed in one of the deepest, most unexplored recesses of my PC's hard disk for many a month. I remembered one day(sometime around last week) and I started watching it. As the opening credits rolled, I was wondering how an entire lake could go missing. 6 minutes into the movie, I realize that Bunny Lake was a little girl. I still feel like an idiot for even thinking that.

Plot: No Spoilers Guaranteed!
The movie starts with Stephen Lake helping his sister Ann Lake move their things to a new apartment (in London? coz I think I saw the Big Ben somewhere). The Lake family(Ann, her brother Stephen and Ann's daughter Bunny Lake) had just moved to England from America.
Ann enlists little Bunny Lake to a school nearby. When it's time to pick up bunny from her classes, Ann can't find her. She and the teachers search everywhere but Bunny is nowhere to be seen. What happened to Bunny Lake? Who kidnapped Bunny Lake? Does Bunny Lake even exist?

Review: (ie, Mad Ranting Continued)
The movie(shot in Black and White) is a masterpiece. Wikipedia tells me that it was shunned by both critics and the director of the movie as "insignificant". Later on it got the attention of jobless, nerdy movie buffs which then got a cult following.
For me, it was a very refreshing experience after LAND OF THE LOST(2009,.... Will Ferrel flick. Sucks). BLIM is a very well made movie with good actors and a brilliant story(it was based on a novel). The movie goes from calm and pleasant to downright FREAKY and all the way up to "WTF happened?". Overall, a very enjoyable movie.
The movie has music from The Zombies(a band that plays music similar to that by the early Beatles) and the song "Just Out of Reach" by the band was my personal favorite and it is heard many times throughout the movie. God bless the ancient rock'n'roll bands of England!
Did I mention the acting was really good? The character Horatio Wilson(Ann's landlord) was played extremely well. The story gives all the characters some kind of background so that they don't look out of place or awkward. (wtf does that even mean?) I must say that Carol Lynley(chick who plays Ann Lake) was a killer(and young too) in the movie. Keir Dullea has also done a fine job of acting in it too.

Final Verdict: A must watch, especially for anybody who's into mystery movies
My Score: 8.5 on 10

Last edited by RedWOLF on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spacing, I Hate Spacing!)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]