AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gandhi

+6
Ankita
Arr0wHeaD
Aceviper
kyo
yuki
Omkar
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Gandhi - Page 2 Empty Gandhi Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Omkar

Omkar

First topic message reminder :

With all the euphoria surrounding the Gandhi Jayanti, all the debates held on relevance of Gandhi's ideology, the hymns sung in praise of the 'Mahatma' and a partly ridiculous article written by Chetan Bhagat in today's Times of India about youth appealing Gandhi to bring about unification in them, I want to share with you some lesser known bitter facts related to this dude that I came across while studying mass communicators for the exams. Sadly, as the exams start from tomorrow, I can't share them with you right now as they are too long and scandalous.
Watch out this space after 12th. Meanwhile, I want to know what you think about Gandhi.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

26Gandhi - Page 2 Empty Re: Gandhi Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:40 pm

BloodAlchemist

BloodAlchemist
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Excellent topic....although much of Gandhian Sex Scandals are nothing new to me, but this post turned into a discussion about the direction of our 'nation'...founded on faltering principles and misplaced loyalties...(read: Gandhi).

The one thing I'd like to add:

Non-Violence is more of a theoretical concept than a practical one. The aim (I believe) is not to make the adversary get ashamed of themselves and give up on their own. But its more to do with the problem of "if a dog bites you, would you bite the dog back?" If you are the practical human the answer would be "not bite him back, but kill him" and if you are the theoretical/principled man the answer would be "no. because if I were to kill him, then what difference would there be between me and an animal"...its this 'difference' that we're talking about. Its more fit for a philosophical discussion than a political freedom struggle, but what can we do, it was made a part of the freedom struggle. Gandhi talked about Non-Violence as "not siding with evil". He considered violence to be evil. Not the British.

that's the chief difference between Gandhi and Subhash Bose..

..and unfortunately I agree.

27Gandhi - Page 2 Empty Re: Gandhi Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:17 pm

FlamingStar

FlamingStar
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

BloodAlchemist wrote:

..and unfortunately I agree.

what do you agree with??? Subhash Chandra Bose??? Or that bloke who considered 'violence' evil and not the British??? If it's the latter, I'd like to say that this is one of the worst things you can come up with... Our aim was NOT to put up a silly moral fight against violence and preach ahimsa in a time when thousands of Indians were bleeding to death...
Our aim was to attain freedom for the country which was stolen by the BRITISH...and we succeeded largely because of non-violence.

28Gandhi - Page 2 Empty Re: Gandhi Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:45 pm

BloodAlchemist

BloodAlchemist
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

I dont get you. What are you trying to say? Non-Violence is good or bad, according to you?

29Gandhi - Page 2 Empty Re: Gandhi Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:15 pm

FlamingStar

FlamingStar
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Non-violence is not practical...Can't say whether it's good or bad...

30Gandhi - Page 2 Empty Re: Gandhi Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:28 am

BloodAlchemist

BloodAlchemist
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

that's what i said..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum