AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh LOOK! A Flower!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

My blog post I was about to make, but got banned. Here you go. This is now my official blog. feast your eyes here people.

Warning! Everybody stop your work and feed your eyes on this. You can't say bad words here. I got a warning NOT to use defecation as a word of communication. I'm not making a big fuss of it. I know its a bad word - like, for a six year old.

I still remember we used to decide in school that "Psycho" was less a bad word than "Maniac". So at that time if anyone used the word Maniac, the other guy used to subside and walk away. OMG! THIS IS SO LIKE POKE`MON! I never knew. Oh, yes, I remember two guys coming up to me and asking what's worse - Maniac or Stupid. I realise that they must have seen me as a figure head for bad word jurisdiction. Neat. (Quite on the contrary, I was the non-fighter then, and never really used bad words so frequently). After I declared Maniac to be the worse of the two, one guy shouted in triumph and the other guy said: "Sheesh."

I must say - being a kid was fun.

What's worse, I still remember a guy crying because I called him "Pig". He went and complained to the teacher. She punished me. Well, to be truthful, I considered that justice done since I WAS like them. But to cry?! Oh please! Indian children are way too pampered sometimes. I'm Indian. I was pampered. Big deal. Call me a hypocrite. Well, you're wrong. At least I know when to cry and when not to.

Another odd instance. Like, all of you, even I used to be, and for that matter still am moody. Very moody. So once, in our school bus, I had a fight once, one guy pushed me for some unknown reason. Well, pushing people as if you own them isn't considered friendly. So I called him a pig (Can't really call him any other animal. I never even knew about Capibara, or I would have called him that. Calling him "Mule" might give me a psychological advantage, but two things stopped me - not knowing about a Mule and not really caring for psychological advantages - he was, after all, some thug-look-alike...thick-heads that they are). He called me a Donkey. *Ding!* So he wants a fight, huh? I called him a cow then. Dunno what he said next, but the best way to end a fight of bad words is to shut the other guy up. few more animals down the line and I just whacked him with my lunch bag. His mom called up asking why I banged him.
Now that I think of it, that sounds wrong. No further comments.

----------------------------------
Maybe saying Poop in place of the S word wont be so bad. Hey, Poop is a word used by so many people AND children around the world.
----------------------------------

Oh and I also got a warning for implication of bad words. SO EVERYBODY --- DON'T IMPLY BAD WORDS!

But implication is a matter of perspective and perception, I say. I mean, if I say the word "JUKEBOX", it doesn't mean slang for anything I KNOW! Someone else might consider it an abusive word in his private slang language; but hey, dude, English is a standard language. You don't go around considering any word as a bad word. I say "WTF" and the authority bangs my head. Hey, for all you know I could have been saying "Water The Flowers!". Maybe a time will come after this that the despised F word will soon be forgotten and all round the world, people will start saying "Flower you!" and Flower will become a banned word here too! Maybe saying the F word then will be acceptable.

Even if it is, I still wouldn't be saying it. I might stop saying "Flower" for all you know! I don't enjoy saying bad words out. Call me a hypocrite -___- As IF! Like crackpots who run around saying they want "Franz", there are countless more people in comparison who run around abusing freely - to show off. GUYS! GIRLS DON'T ENJOY HEARING ABUSIVE LANGUAGE. IT SHOWS NOTHING OF HOW GREAT AND MANLY YOU ARE! Similarly, I am one of those mighty individuals who DOESN'T run around doing what you're not supposed to do - Abuse.

Share this post on: reddit

Omkar

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:30 pm by Omkar

Aceviper wrote:

I must say - being a kid was fun.

And JUST y'day I was thinking of making a thread 'Innocence lost' talking about the childhood events Smile What do you think about it? I think sharing some childhood anecdotes might add a personal touch to the forum. And hey, I don't want to make a blog here on it but a thread so that everyone can contribute.

Aceviper wrote:
Another odd instance. Like, all of you, even I used to be, and for that matter still am moody. Very moody. So once, in our school bus, I had a fight once, one guy pushed me for some unknown reason. Well, pushing people as if you own them isn't considered friendly. So I called him a pig (Can't really call him any other animal. I never even knew about Capibara, or I would have called him that. Calling him "Mule" might give me a psychological advantage, but two things stopped me - not knowing about a Mule and not really caring for psychological advantages - he was, after all, some thug-look-alike...thick-heads that they are). He called me a Donkey. *Ding!* So he wants a fight, huh? I called him a cow then. Dunno what he said next, but the best way to end a fight of bad words is to shut the other guy up. few more animals down the line and I just whacked him with my lunch bag.

Ah, I remember my 3rd standard. A teacher was punishing a guy for saying a bad word. I inquired around but hardly anybody was aware what exactly he said. Then this guy came up to me with a smug smile. "I know what he said," he said.
All ears, i asked him what it was.
"He called him a 'basket'!" the guy whispered.
I Oooh-ed and Aaah-ed then just to not show my ignorance that 'basket' was also a bad word and cringed at how many times I had asked my mom to fill my 'basket'.
Later, of course, I came to know that it was in fact B:@:$t@rd Exclamation

But implication is a matter of perspective and perception, I say. I mean, if I say the word "JUKEBOX", it doesn't mean slang for anything I KNOW! Someone else might consider it an abusive word in his private slang language; but hey, dude, English is a standard language. You don't go around considering any word as a bad word. I say "WTF" and the authority bangs my head. Hey, for all you know I could have been saying "Water The Flowers!". Maybe a time will come after this that the despised F word will soon be forgotten and all round the world, people will start saying "Flower you!" and Flower will become a banned word here too! Maybe saying the F word then will be acceptable. [/quote]
I recently got this text msg telling me about the background of the F word. It says
In ancient England, people couldn't have sex without the king's permission. So to have a baby, they had to get king's consent to have sex. Then they were given a card to hang on the door while doing it. It said 'Fornication Under the Consent of King'. Thus the word came into existence.
Dunno if its just a convincing sounding bull...

Omkar

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:31 pm by Omkar

Nice post man. +1 for that.

Red

Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:14 pm by Red

@Omkar:
WIKIPEDIA wrote:...the legend goes, that couples that were having children were required to first obtain royal permission (usually from a local magistrate or lord) and then place a sign somewhere visible from the road in their home that said "Fornicating Under Consent of King", which was later shortened to "fL0\/\/eR". This story is hard to document but has persisted in oral and literary traditions for many years; however, it has been demonstrated to be an urban legend.
I knew it was a load of BULL the moment I read your post. I was unaware of such a thing so I checked out WIKI. Ta da! Load of BULL it is.

@Ace: Dude! You're pissed you got the boot from Animax... for swearing? Is that what this post is about? Or swearing in general?

Aceviper

Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:58 pm by Aceviper

@ Red - both.

Ampitup

Post Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:11 pm by Ampitup

OMG why ace why did this happen to you and of all people in the whole wide world. T_T was it a repeat offense or did you get the boot for saying it once?
I thought all sites had the '3 warnings before the boot' rule enforced.

kyo

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:28 pm by kyo

I guess I am still skimming under their radar for now.... sorry to hear about your ban Ace...

Aceviper

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:46 pm by Aceviper

Arrow's telling me to join again under a different Email ID like MMOmegaMode, but I'm not going to get another ID banned by those shit-ass-American-Moderators-in-an-Asian-forum jerks. Anyways, I didn't like the forum. So for two reasons I don't give a damn what happens to it, as of now.

Reasons:

1) Too much to study. Mid Terms coming on 21st. Ending on 28th though. But then I have the University exams for First Semester coming up.

2) The Social Networking looks totally put me off and while I WAS part of it, I never posted anywhere except in the Blogs Section, Intro Section (to encourage Newbies) and the Technical Support Forum. I didn't really WANT to be a part of it. Only the Blog section is somewhat nice - except the shit people posts there (excluding me).
And also, now, I don't really give a damn (as of now) if they activate my Email ID and un-ban me, cuz I'm not really interested in going back there (as of now).

*The reason I put "as of now" everywhere, is because the decision is susceptible to my mood.

Aceviper

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:26 pm by Aceviper

Arrow asked this "Frank" guy to look into my banning, and Frank tells him that he has spoken to me privately about this. -_- Nice way to tell Arrow - Get your nose the hell out of this.

I suppose this Frank guy is some dude with authority over at the forums. Maybe the guy doesn't know how much Arrow and me have correspondence with each other. "Correspondence" <- Now THAT'S a big and fancy word I used. Long time I haven't really used big words. Almost seems alien to use them now.

Well, Frank. Dunno which dream world you're living in, but it sure ain't this world. Maybe your definition of "privately' means 'I don't intend to get in touch', but at least you ought not to lie! Lmao!

Dunno why I laughed but it sounded funny.

Aceviper

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:54 pm by Aceviper

If you don't know why I got banned from there, in short - I got banned for the following:

1) Saying "shit".
2) Saying "WTF".
3) Sarcastically calling a Moderator a "nutcase".

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum