AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yawara: A Fashionable Judo Girl

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yawara: A Fashionable Judo Girl Empty Yawara: A Fashionable Judo Girl Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:55 pm

kyo

kyo

In the interests of saving time... I will make this very brief....

I consider this series to be practically the holy grail of sports anime... You would be hard pressed to find something better... or more under appreciated...

Wiki ripoff: The story is about Yawara Inokuma, a young girl who aspires to an ordinary life but who, due to her innate talent, is forced to keep practicing judo by her authoritarian grandfather, Jigorou Inokuma, with the aim of achieving championship in Japan and the gold medal in the Barcelona's 1992 Olympic Games. Because of all the pressure from her grandfather, she has a generally bad attitude about judo, avoiding it as much as she can. However, as the manga continues, she begins to understand why her grandfather so loves judo, and she begins to appreciate it more.

Now the problem with this series is that it has not been completely subbed... just like Galaxy Express 999... The very 1st thing I will be doing once my Japanese reaches the native conversational level is to buy the frigging Japanese DVD's of both series... I will sub em myself if I have to...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]