AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Youtube or Megavideo?

5 posters

Which online video hosting site do you prefer going to, for watching videos?

Youtube or Megavideo? Vote_lcap33%Youtube or Megavideo? Vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Youtube or Megavideo? Empty Youtube or Megavideo? Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:24 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Which online video hosting site do you prefer going to, for watching videos?

Well, you tube is famous. Fine. But quality is pathetic. Plus you need to run around searching for all the parts of an episode. All those Part 1 of 3, part 2 of 3 and so on...

You tube bit rate of videos is some 600, where as megavideo gives me video quality of 1500 bit rate (TBR, Total Bit Rate.)

Above reason hence in simple terms, implies, that youtube videos have P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C quality.

Megavideo even puts up FULL length videos. Of course, megavideo is comparitively damn new. So it may not have all the videos you tube has, but hell! I want quality. Quality videos is what I will want.

If you go somewhere else, then just click on other. And mention it here. Give a link also.

Last edited by Aceviper on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

2Youtube or Megavideo? Empty Re: Youtube or Megavideo? Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:12 am

Ampitup

Ampitup

Doesn't Megavideo have a time limit?
DH told me about it. Most of the videos are .avi files from around 150 or 260 MB (approx) -> for Anime episodes and God knows how large the FULL length videos are. So, even though the quality is really good, the time limit is a HUGE let down. I'll save my vote until next time.. Can i cash it Razz

Last edited by Ampitup on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : kramer..er...i mean grammar ^^)

3Youtube or Megavideo? Empty Re: Youtube or Megavideo? Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 pm

yuki

yuki

i agree with Amp..the time limit's a pain.. =.= youtube has literally (well almost)all videos...some vids have HD option y'know?and its not that bad..but megavideo do hav good quality..hm..can u vote for both? Very Happy

4Youtube or Megavideo? Empty Re: Youtube or Megavideo? Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:26 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Metacafe!
and Google Videos!

5Youtube or Megavideo? Empty Re: Youtube or Megavideo? Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:04 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, you can vote for multiple options.

6Youtube or Megavideo? Empty Re: Youtube or Megavideo? Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:30 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Ace, why put MegaVideo against the mighty YouTube?
I mean the next best contender is clearly MetaCafe or even Daily Motion(which, IMHO sucks). GoogleVideos doesn't count (i think) as it's YouTube with a different name (merely speculating. correct me if I'm wrong)

Well, if i were to pick one, i'd pick YouTube. Sure the quality is crap, but if you just need to watch videos online, it's the fastest there is!
And if you wanted to download videos(anime?) then that's why God gave man torrents and direct downloads(as in R and MU and yada yada).

7Youtube or Megavideo? Empty Re: Youtube or Megavideo? Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:16 am

lol!! Megavideo? I have tried it and let me tell you, No ScOrE!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum