AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lady Snowblood

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Lady Snowblood on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:28 am

Aceviper

Administrator
Administrator
Wicked manga. Assassinations and all. Must read. Lot of nakedness though. So I'd suggest it for +16.

MT -> A child of pure innocence is born and set upon the crimson path of vengeance. Like her predecessor Lone Wolf and Cub this is a tale of the warrior assassin. With a backdrop set in the land of Nippon/Meiji Era our story tells us of a young woman named Yuki(snow) whose beauty masks her deadliness. Horrible tragedy weighs upon her shoulders and swift retribution is met upon those who cross her assassin's path.The skill she graces her victims with is likened to a slick poisoned needle and her feminine beauty allows her entry into fortresses that would shatter a legion of samurai blades as well as entices men to their death.Her life was chosen before her conception, not the chooser of meifumado(Buddhist path of hell) like her ronin brethren but the conceived child of syura(hell). The name given for her purpose is as much zen balance as Zen Koan-Snow(Birth/Innocence) Blood(Power/Vengeance/Death), Lady Snowblood a title that guides in the intertwining of Revenge and Honor.

Lady Snowblood centers around the title character, an assassin who seeks vengeance against the bandits who raped her mother and murdered her father, often using her sexual appeal as a weapon.

The manga was adapted into a live-action feature film of the same name starring Meiko Kaji in 1973. It was followed by Lady Snowblood 2: Love Song of Vengeance in 1974. In 2001, the manga was reimagined as the science fiction action film The Princess Blade, starring Yumiko Shaku.

I did not know about the movie! O.O

2 Re: Lady Snowblood on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:23 am

Red

Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

I got this manga as part of my Kazuo Koike collection (along with Path of the Assassin, Lone Wolf and Cub, Samurai Executioner among many others). I went through the first couple of chapters and I must say that if you are uncomfortable with nudity,... prepare for hell.
Lady Snowblood is one hot mama! And she can really kick some serious samurai ass.
Sometimes you feel sorry for her. Tragic but sexy.

Haven't finished it yet. Very Tragic.

I'm not implying anything but merely pointing out the futility of your posts!

"How art thou fallen from Amalga, oh R3dW0Lf?"

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum