AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moon (The Movie)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Moon (The Movie) Empty Moon (The Movie) Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:28 am

kyo

kyo

Great movie... but perhaps not for everyone... its sorta like I am Legend in the sense that the entire movie features basically one guy... but this is a better movie...

Cast: Sam Rockwell and Kevin Spacey (Voice only)

Sam Rockwell plays the part of an astronaut called Sam Bell who has been sent to the moon by a MNC to mine a certain awesome substabce which is being used to provide clean pollution free energy to the entire world... his job is to monitor the automated mining machines and periodically unload them and send their valuable cargo back to earth. Sam is looking forward to the completion of his 3 year contract so that he may finally return to earth to be with his wife and young daughter. Due to various circumstances, The moon base is unable to contact earth on a regular basis and the communications are limited to a few rantom instances. Basically he cant have a live conversation with people on earth, or even get any TV shows etc unless theyre tapes... One day however... Sam discovers something strange... a body of another astronaut trapped inside a rover which had been involved in an accident... this astronaut looks exactly like him... whats going on?

Brilliant movie... Sam Rockwell has outdone himself.... easily 8.5/10 in my book... the music (BGM) is a little repetetive though..

2Moon (The Movie) Empty Re: Moon (The Movie) Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

why does this sound like a 2001 Space Odyssey sequel? Anyways, i like Kevin Spacey so I'll be definitely giving this one a try. I love sci-fi and my phobia for outer space is finally wearing off.
HA! Take that Stanley Kubrick!
But the stupid thing is that movies like this will never see theaters in this part of the world(im not talking about mumbai. i don't live there). so i'll have to wait till the .... DVD..... comes out. yes, the DVD. nothing else will do. im a good boy.
Guess what? i checked IMDB for this movie and guess which other movie i found in the suggestions? THAT'S RIGHT! 2001 A Space Odyssey! I'm nuts about that movie.

Anyways, i'll be waiting ever so patiently to see this one. Nice blurb-post-thing. makes me wanna go watch it now. but i can't. so i'll wait.
SUGAR RUSH!

3Moon (The Movie) Empty Re: Moon (The Movie) Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:10 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Plot sounds nice. I'll see if I can get my hands on it too.

Is it the old-ish sci fi movie? In which case the "SPACE" bit will be portrayed quite amateurishly, considering present day animations and simulations......or whatever they are.

4Moon (The Movie) Empty Re: Moon (The Movie) Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:46 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

It's a 2009 movie. and Stanley Kubrik made 2001 a Space Odyssey years ago, and it looks pretty good, effects wise...

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

5Moon (The Movie) Empty Re: Moon (The Movie) Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:00 am

kyo

kyo

This is actually not a bad movie in terms of effects, and they probably had no worries about budgeting either... the entire movie takes place on practically one set and the rest is most probably CG... which was very well done IMO.... a few astronomical anomalies though (for us nitpicking aerospace guys)...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum