AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Points System or Reputation system?

+3
Arr0wHeaD
DIE HARD
Aceviper
7 posters

Which of the following two should i activate?

Points System or Reputation system? Vote_lcap56%Points System or Reputation system? Vote_rcap 56% [ 5 ]
Points System or Reputation system? Vote_lcap11%Points System or Reputation system? Vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Points System or Reputation system? Vote_lcap33%Points System or Reputation system? Vote_rcap 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Points System or Reputation system? Empty Points System or Reputation system? Wed May 20, 2009 1:58 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

the points system or reputation system?

choose?

points are distributed (on an average) as follows:
making a new thread is 3 points and posting is 1 point.

Mods can remove points at will and deletion of posts results in removal of points.
We should give more importance to points rather than posts. As became our habit in our prev forum.

In the rep system: we have a plus and minus sign at the side of each post; so we can give a Positive Vote or Negative Vote...resulting correspondingly in the rep postition.

I'll keep both systems Switched ON. I'd like to hear member's views on them.

Last edited by Aceviper on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:26 am; edited 2 times in total

2Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Wed May 20, 2009 12:08 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

The problem with point system as I can see is it focuses more on the quantity of posts rather than the quality(and I don't only mean spamming.Information contained within posts can vary quite a bit even if they are all relevant).I vote for rep system.

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

3Points System or Reputation system? Empty Solid Logic Wed May 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

DIE HARD makes an excellent point. The points system seems to encourage spamming for the sake of increasing one's standing. We already have post count for that.

But the reputation system seems more focused on quality of posts.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

4Points System or Reputation system? Empty Rep vote for youe own post? Thu May 21, 2009 12:41 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

It seems that you CANNOT vote for your own posts. Had a funny feeling that you could. But i checked it out (quite silly on my part actually...its quite obvious you can't).

Well then, all we don't need is a maniac going around pressing the plus sign on the side of your posts like bonkers.

5Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Thu May 21, 2009 8:18 am

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

I don't know of any regular members who would do something like that.As for the newbies,we'll just have to trust in their sanity.

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

6Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:18 pm

I like the reputation system, and my only grouse is that every time I vote + or -, it takes me to another screen. Can't it be done, like say.. Youtube, where one can rate people's comments quickly?

Btw Ace, I voted 2 -'s for you.. just like that tongue

7Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:54 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

DIE HARD wrote:I don't know of any regular members who would do something like that.As for the newbies,we'll just have to trust in their sanity.

we are talking about newbies holding to sanity...what about the specimen above me.

he did the EXACT thing that i pointed out.

Anyways Dylan, just look at your points. I wonder how long you'll need to post to make it positive.

^_^

lol

8Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:51 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

hey please explain in simpler terms how does this thing work if spamming isnt allowed?
especially how do you improve your reputation and stuff!
????

9Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:46 pm

Haha! I don't mind, really. Keep it this way king

10Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:49 pm

Why can't I edit my posts here?

@Jin- Rep system is where people read your posts and if they like it they'll click on (+) and that increases your reputation. You can guess for (-)

11Points System or Reputation system? Empty editing Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:21 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Thats cuz ive disabled forumers from editing posts in this section.

12Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Well ok, but why can't rate posts? I don't see + or - anymore. Did you disable it?

13Points System or Reputation system? Empty both are there Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

everything is there. Im keeping both Rep and point system.

Ive disabled points in some sections. Tell me which ones you think it should be disabled in, and i will think it over.

^_^

14Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:51 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Chat thread obv.
And maybe the games section to I dunno

15Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Nobody seems to be using the reputation thing.

16Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:24 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Reputation System is gonna be inducted now onwards. Points will go to hell.

@Bagpipes - many ppl are using it. Red is at 10 Rep now.

17Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

Centre Ring Moderator for Mods reminds me of a Circus Ring tongue Clapping

18Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Wrong place for that post Amp. That should be discussed in the Usergroups Section.<br>

19Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:35 pm

kyo

kyo

Definitely the rep system... Points for posts will provide an incentive to spam...

20Points System or Reputation system? Empty Re: Points System or Reputation system? Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:45 pm

Hmm, 'Both Of* The Above'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]