AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Departed

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Departed Empty The Departed Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:18 am

kyo

kyo

Pretty sure everyone here has seen this movie... hard not to have... would be a terrible shame really... so lets get a brief run down...

Stars: Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon and Leonardo Di Caprio, also has Mark Whalberg and Alec Baldwin in there... so you have the all star lineup right there...

Plot: Intense and brilliantly executed... De Caprio plays the part of a poor guy (sort of) born into a family which has had ties to the mafia (specifically the Irish). However, eager to break free of his families reputation, De Caprio joins the police academy, and this is where our story begins. After completing training, he is recruited by Whalberg and his boss to be an undercover agent for them inside Nicholsons gang. However, at the same time, Nicholson has sent his own double agent into the police force in the form of Matt Damon, a boy whom he has groomed to be his willing accomplice since childhood. Thus begins a dangerous game of cat and mouse as both the double agents try to hunt each other down...

9/10 This one is a 'Buy-the-goddamn-DVD' Material...

2The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Omkar

Omkar

i watched the movie twice but both times, depressingly, i watched the censored version. so couldn't catch the Di Caprio interview grilling scene and all the gore(yeah, i wanted to watch it too!Bond ). Nicholson n Demon exude style so effortlessly and Di Caprio portrays the man-on-mission-trapped-in-circumstances gallantly with unbelievable poise. just watch his expressions man, i swear, if i would have been in his place, i would have shot myself halfway than going all the way doing what he has done!
best scene- Di Caprio is escaping from cops wrongly believing he's the bad guy when the corpse of his boss(one of the only two people who know his real identity) falls from the sky in front of him, splattering blood all over.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

3The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:24 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well the better double agent was matt damon!
he lived up to the circumstances
too bad mr max payne had to kill him!

4The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:25 pm

AMAZING MOVIE..!
Watch it uncut.. with all the 410315 F-words and Gore scenes.. its a treat.. !!

5The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:29 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Martin Scorcese movies at its best

6The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:51 pm

SaintExodia

SaintExodia
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Mother of god... This movie is in my top 5. But what's surprising is that it's a remake of a korean movie. A remake that won so many oscars. Nonetheless, awesome gripping movie. The ending was Macbeth-ish... but I liked it Smile

7The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:03 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

which korean movie?

8The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:03 am

SaintExodia

SaintExodia
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

My bad.. not Korean... It's Chinese...

check out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infernal_Affairs

9The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:37 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

definitely have to check it out

10The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:48 am

kyo

kyo

Yeah... I have seen the Infernal Affairs series... gripping stuff there too... but Nicholson and De Caprio took things to a whole new level...

As for Damon being a 'better agent' the worst thing he would have waiting for him (if caught) would be a long prison sentence (assuming he didnt rat out Nicholson)... whereas De Caprio would have had to deal with the sadistic Mr. French or Nicholson himself... totally different circumstances... and the difference in ability is proved when Nicholson sends De Caprio his tapes... he trusted De Caprio more than the guy he had groomed since childhood... and on the other hand... De Caprios boss and Whalberg both refused to hand over the identities of their operatives to Damon... heck... Nicholson didnt even tell Damon about the 2nd double agent...

11The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:53 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

i meant he was smarter
and smart people aint trustworthy

12The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:49 pm

I thought Leo was awesome as an actor.. After this I watched Aviator and realized he's an amazing actor.. unfortunately no Oscar for him..

13The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:09 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well but he really deserved an oscar for blood diamond

14The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:10 am

kyo

kyo

He could/should have gotten an oscar for Aviator, Blood Diamond and Departed... but he was beat out by tough competition... Forest Whitaker and Jamie Foxx... and then there was Hoffman... he has just been unlucky in the fact that he has always had to face very stiff competition... and if you will notice... all three of the winners had roles which were inspired by real life personalities... thats a powerful 'edge' that they had over De Caprio... which is not to say that their performances were not as good....

15The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

but i still feel matt damon did a better job [eventhough not as a double agent he proved he could live up to any circumstances]

16The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:38 am

kyo

kyo

Matt Damon is also quite brilliant... being able to go between roles as diverse as the n00b conman in the Oceans Series to the character of uber secret agent Jason Bourne to a sly backstabber like Sullivan in The Departed, then there are his roles in Good Will Hunting, and the Talented Mr Ripley... but in this movie... De Caprio clearly outperforms him... maybe it was because of their respective roles, but the scenes with De Caprio in them always left a much deeper impact...

17The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:18 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well the most impressive part about the movie is
I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys

18The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:30 pm

kyo

kyo

Yeah... music wasnt bad for the movie either...

19The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

kyo wrote:Yeah... music wasnt bad for the movie either...
it was the best part!
not the wasnt bad part.

20The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:41 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Don't you guys think this movie has a Death Note-ish feel to it? You know..the part about two guys (both of them rats,in this case) trying to hunt each other down in order to save their own asses?

Yeah,but I agree..Leo was better here. Just watch the expressions on his face,scene after scene..gives you the goosebumps!

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

21The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:08 pm

kyo

kyo

A little bit I guess... but Death Note was in a class by itself when it came to the intrigue and suspense...

22The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:08 am

Er no Neutral
I never felt like it was DN Neutral

23The Departed Empty Re: The Departed Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:42 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

dont compare crap note with this

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: