AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cying Freeman

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cying Freeman Empty Cying Freeman Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:22 pm

Omkar

Omkar

this is my first post in the manga section which establishes the fact i am not much of a manga guy. in fact, initially i was averse to the very concept of manga(with due respect to manga freaks, esp you Ace, who i notice has made like 95% of topics here) but i recently chanced upon CRYING FREEMAN and couldn't refuse it, rather, didn't want to after its kickass-ness i heard from arrow about manga in general. '

MOD EDIT: Correction; 99% of the stuff here.

2 days later, i summoned all my willpower and i read it. (fx: drums beating)

and did i like it? (fx: suspense tunes)

well, its different. its violent, crazy, disturbing, unpleasant, tasteless. its not meant for me, maybe. but what i have issues with are its just a blend of sex and violence. both on their extremes.
the story goes that a handsome talented innocent Japanese artist is abducted, brainwashed and hypnotized into becoming a trained member of chinese mafia. he's nicknamed FREEMAN and as he cries after every kill, he's called CRYING FREEMAN. am i supposed to be impressed?
he goes around killing people(mostly high profile people. why they deserved to be killed, not much mention) but once while a killing takes place, he is watched by a beautiful artist. she starts having hots for him. but she's a witness for his murder so he decides to kill her. he conveniently enters her mansion but she asks him to make out before making his kill and strips.
now this girl is hot. Super hot actually. the kind who might make gays rethink their orientation. so the obvious happens. but after the act, he doesn't want to kill her(personally, i guess it was pretty much an experience for him) so he goes trying to protect her while saving his own ass. then he narrates his life story... blah blah blah.
the sex scene is extremely(politely put) titillating. the author has succeeded in making his readers erotically charged(another polite term for horny). it spans for like 12 pages. but you know what, its too inappropriate. besides, why, why would anyone want to have sex with their murderer? a nice trick would have been make an offer of bondage sex and then run the hell away. but no, this doesn't happen here. weird.
next thing that bothers me is every, mind you, every female character is shown naked at least once. 1 has sex, one has a kind of wardrobe malfunction(she's 99 yrs old by the way. eew!), one seduces and one gets raped. what the fruck?
honestly, i didn't like it. not one bit. wacky plot, hardly anything outstanding with the dialogues(maybe its lost in translation) and tasteless depiction, esp of women. i guess i am happy with my novels.

Last edited by omkardaone on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2Cying Freeman Empty Re: Cying Freeman Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

DUDE! You have the manga? The entire thing?
PLEASE! GIMME GIMME GIMME the links! I've been searching all over for it. I did get the ANIME though, ie the 6 episode OVA. I don't want the bloody anime I want the frikin' manga!

MANGA GIMME GIMME GIMME! I got all the others. I got Path of the Assassin, Lady Snowblood, Lonewolf and Cub, Samurai executioner and the only thing left is this!

LINK LINK LINK!
ME ME ME!

3Cying Freeman Empty Re: Cying Freeman Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Omkar

Omkar

whoa! hold on there buddy! i have the manga book. can't really give that to you, can i? besides, i have just the first volume. *to himself: freak! Razz*
and maybe you should try asking Arrow about it. he's mr. know-it-all on net.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

4Cying Freeman Empty Re: Cying Freeman Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:52 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

reddy? Are you retarded? I bet you must have done a half hearted search for the manga!

You haven't even checked out Mangatraders.com? If its not there then you should move onto Anime-eden.com! Two places which are filled with awesomeness and respect from all manga readers.

Btw...Mangatraders has Crying Freeman. Its split into five sections.

Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3 a (78 MB, i think)
Volume 3 b (78 MB again, i think)
Volume 4

It's a wicked Manga. But for what reason does he always need to strip before fighting?
I have read the first two volumes as of yet.

5Cying Freeman Empty Re: Cying Freeman Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:37 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Aceviper wrote:
It's a wicked Manga. But for what reason does he always need to strip before fighting?
I have read the first two volumes as of yet.

Maneuverability? Or maybe he's so confident in his abilities, he doesn't mind exposing his...err...weak points?

What if he's fighting someone really hot? That'd be one hella awkward fight scene...

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum