AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love Hina

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Love Hina on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:13 pm

Aceviper

Administrator
Administrator
Which begins as a cute story...the manga takes a downward turn in the middle: no...more like RIDICULOUS turn in the middle. Well, in the end, it ends in an okay manner, but Ken Akamatsu shouldn't have stretched it so.

The story is a shōnen comedy that takes place in the Kanagawa Prefecture, and centers on Keitaro Urashima and his attempts to fulfill a childhood promise that he made with a girl to enter Tokyo University together. However, he has forgotten the name of the girl he made the promise to and hopes to be accepted into Tokyo university in order to find her. Despite failing the entrance exam twice, he becomes manager of the family owned girls dorm Hinata House (日向荘, Hinata Sō?, also known as Hinata Apartments) and must balance his new responsibilities with his attempts to pass the university entrance exam. At Hinata House, Keitaro meets Naru Narusegawa, who is also studying to enter Tokyo university. Naru ranked first in the whole of Japan on the practice exams, and Keitaro convinces her to help him study. Keitaro accidentally reads a small section of Naru's diary and as the two grow closer through their studies, Keitaro becomes increasingly convinced that Naru may be the girl he made the promise with. On the second day of the Tokyo University exam, Keitaro asks Naru about the promise and is stunned when she tells him he is mistaken. Despite their studying, and Naru's mock exam results, they both fail the exams. The pair then have an argument and independently run off to Kyoto to clear their heads. While on their trip they settle their differences and meet Mutsumi Otohime, who lives in Okinawa and is also studying for the Tokyo University exams.

2 Re: Love Hina on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:28 am

kyo

Manga and anime both were very disappointing... Motoko and Mutsumi were the only reason I went through with either one (more cause of Mutsumi)... and to see Keitaro get slapped kicked and otherwise mauled by the troupe of women... sure Naru is hot and all... but she really ticks me off...

There are three reasons why you can't defeat me. One: Your sword is too light. Two: There's nothing I can't cut. Three: I'm more handsome than you - Kyo
View user profile

3 Re: Love Hina on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Jin

Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor
hilarious to the core!
and Very Happy
ehmm a u

View user profile

4 Re: Love Hina on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:53 pm

Aceviper

Administrator
Administrator
@ Kyo - MUTSUMI?!

Why her? She acts quite lame in it.

Agreed on the Naru point. Hot. But Ticks me off too.

5 Re: Love Hina on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:20 am

kyo

I know she is a bit... lame... but she was the most... err... 'normal' of the lot.... and I kinda like the 'tragic' heroine types more anyway...

There are three reasons why you can't defeat me. One: Your sword is too light. Two: There's nothing I can't cut. Three: I'm more handsome than you - Kyo
View user profile

6 Re: Love Hina on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:28 pm

Jin

Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor
[i]<font size =4 face = "monotype corsiva">which one's mutsumi?

View user profile

7 Re: Love Hina on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:01 am

kyo

You could look it up you know... but I will oblige...

http://www.geocities.com/mirage_ma4/lovehina/mutsumi1.jpg

I guess its cause she looks a teensy bit like Miyuki from YUA that I like her more...

View user profile

8 Re: Love Hina on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:40 am

Jin

Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor
the one with the poor memory rt?
or was it poor sense of direction?

View user profile

9 Re: Love Hina on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:02 am

kyo

Was it both? No... actually I think it was that she would faint unexpectedly and often...

View user profile

10 Re: Love Hina on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:19 pm

Jin

Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor
thats it?
u sure?
i thought even she applied for tokyo u an din get it

View user profile

11 Re: Love Hina on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:08 am

kyo

Arent they all Ronin? I dont remember... its been at least 5 years since I saw this...

View user profile

12 Re: Love Hina on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Jin

Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor
ronin?

View user profile

13 Re: Love Hina on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:50 am

kyo

Ronin: Classical Definition: Master-less Samurai/Warriors
'Modern' Definition: Uni. Entrance exam repeaters

View user profile

14 Re: Love Hina on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:56 pm

Jin

Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor
Mitsune aint a Ronin !

View user profile

15 Re: Love Hina on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:54 am

kyo

kyo wrote:Arent they all Ronin? I dont remember... its been at least 5 years since I saw this...

Like I said... I dont remember... but... all the better then... one less character flaw...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum