AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inu Yasha

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Inu Yasha on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:00 pm

Aceviper

Administrator
Administrator
Ah well. If you've watched the anime, then the manga is nothing new, except well, for the ending. Which is...LAME! But okay. XD

The story begins with a flashback to Feudal Japan, when the half-demon InuYasha raids a human village to steal the Jewel of Four Souls, a magical jewel that enhances its wielder's powers and can grant a single wish. Inu Yasha hopes to use the gem to turn himself into a full-blooded demon, but is soon stopped when Kikyo, the young miko of the village, shoots him with a sacred arrow, sealing him onto the sacred tree Goshinboku in the nearby forest. Mortally wounded, Kikyo tells her younger sister, Kaede, to burn the jewel with her body to prevent it from falling into the hands of evil.

The story then shifts to modern Tokyo in 1997, where a junior high school girl named Kagome Higurashi lives on the grounds of her family's hereditary Shinto shrine. When she goes into the wellhouse to retrieve her cat, Buyo, a centipede demon bursts out of the enshrined Bone Eater's Well and pulls her through it.

Kagome emerges into a strange wilderness, initially unaware that she has travelled back through time to the Sengoku period of Japan, fifty years after Kikyo's death. Other than the Bone Eater's Well itself, the only familiar landmark is Goshinboku. She finds InuYasha still sealed onto the tree in an enchanted sleep, and a group of hostile peasants who drag her back to their village.

Their old priestess, Kaede, recognizes Kagome as the reincarnation of her sister Kikyo; when the centipede demon returns, Kaede realizes that the Jewel of Four Souls has also been reborn in Kagome's body. Kagome frees InuYasha so he can kill the centipede demon, but after defeating it, InuYasha again tries to take the Jewel for himself. Kaede thwarts him by placing a magical rosary around his neck, allowing Kagome to subdue him with a simple command.

The Jewel of Four Souls attracts more demons, and the jewel is shattered into numerous shards that disperse across Japan. Even the individual shards are capable of granting great power, and are eagerly sought by humans and demons alike. Kagome and InuYasha set out to collect the shards and restore the Jewel of Four Souls. Along the way, they befriend Shippo, a small fox demon; Miroku, a cursed monk; and Sango, a demon-slayer with a tragic past.

The group encounters many friends and foes during the adventure, including InuYasha's older half-brother Sesshomaru; Kikyo, partially resurrected with a fragment of Kagome's soul; Naraku, a powerful collective demon who manipulated the initial conflict between Kikyo and InuYasha; and a wolf demon named Koga, who is InuYasha's dedicated rival in both love and war.

2 Re: Inu Yasha on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:26 am

kyo

With the anime and manga I was always wondering... is this ever going to end?? the same pattern would be repeated over and over and I was really getting bored... sure its Takahashi and I really respect her work... just not this one... well not as much anyway...

Boring pattern: Naraku sends a minion... InuYasha has problems but defeats him... Naraku escapes... Inu Yasha acquires some new power...

Reason: Sure... this is a basic premise for many shows... but come on... Naraku is supposed to be uber powerful and have eyes and ears everywhere... but he looks like such a frigging limp d**k just hiding behind those minions...

Also there were some fillers which really bored me can barely remember them now though... I tend to filter out bad things as time passes...

One more thign I disliked was the 'long range sword fights' I mean when did IY ever actually use that sword for close quarters combat?? NEVER!! There was always some weird power jumping out of that thing ready to take care of the enemy from a good distance away... Not one real swordfight in the whole damn show...

The anime hasnt ended yet... but the manga ending really really ticked me off... it was very abrupt and anticlimactic... Sheesh!! I cant even say the rest or it will be a spoiler...

Actually I think my opinion is very biased because I was ticked off by all the fanboys and fangirls who were gushing about this series as if it was the be all and end all of anime at the time when it was airing... I mean they had not seen the really awesome stuff like Kimagure Orange Road, Touch or Maison Ikkoku, Sazan Eyes and all the other hits...

There are three reasons why you can't defeat me. One: Your sword is too light. Two: There's nothing I can't cut. Three: I'm more handsome than you - Kyo
View user profile

3 Re: Inu Yasha on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Jin

Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor
too long and gives a good competition to naruto in terms of fillers

View user profile

4 Re: Inu Yasha on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Aceviper

Administrator
Administrator

How would anyone like an Inu Yasha Manga with these Characters in them. Mind you, the only thing changed are their clothes. All Zwanky stuff.

I liked it.

You might notice also, the clothes are similar to Final Fantasy stuff...

Inu Yasha is wearing Cloud's, Kagome is wearing Tifa's...etc etc.

5 Re: Inu Yasha on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:29 pm

Jin

Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor
pointless its not the future for it to have such clothing!
thhey r going back in time!
and i dont think jap schools have uniform which kagome is wearin

View user profile

6 Re: Inu Yasha on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:44 am

kyo

Personally I think Miroku looks good and Sesshomaru makes anything look good... but yeah... old school outfits would work better...

There are three reasons why you can't defeat me. One: Your sword is too light. Two: There's nothing I can't cut. Three: I'm more handsome than you - Kyo
View user profile

7 Re: Inu Yasha on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Jin

Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor
miroku looks crap and sessho reminds me of sephiroth[in those outfits]

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum