AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anime Suggestions

+2
DIE HARD
Aceviper
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anime Suggestions Empty Anime Suggestions Tue May 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

As the name implies, members are requested to suggest anime they have enjoyed so that others can may also view it.

I suggest Haruhi Suzumia And Witch Hunter Robin.

Last edited by Aceviper on Thu May 21, 2009 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Wed May 20, 2009 12:29 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

I suggest (according to genre of choice,NON ANIMAX only):-
* Seto no hanayome,School rumble,FMP:fumoffu,great teacher onizuka (comedy)
* Monster,Death note (mystery,suspense)
* Higurashi (Horror)
* Soul eater,Black lagoon,Claymore,Baccano! (Action)
* Lovely complex,Kimagure orange road,kare kano,Suzuka (romance)
* Vampire knight (supernatural)
* skip beat,Nana,Aria (slice of life,drama)
* Air,Elf~a tale of memories (Psychological)

Well,that's all I can think of now.Will update later if more comes to mind.

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

3Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:58 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

my suggestions:

Baccano!
FLCL
Ghost in the Shell
Witch Hunter Robin
Kite[18+]
Wolf's Rain
Samurai Champloo
Shigurui
Ninja Scroll
Highlander
Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust
Hellsing Ultimate
Berserk
Midori Days

4Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:11 pm

kyo

kyo

* Great Teacher Onizuka (M), Youre Under Arrest, School Rumble, Ouran High School Host Club, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Midori No Hibi, Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei (Comedy)

* Monster (M),Death Note (M), Detective Conan, Detective School Q (Mystery,Suspense)

* Hell Girl (M), Higurashi (M), Elfen Lied (M), Speed Grapher (M), Blood + (M), Gungrave (M), Berserk (M) (Horror/Gore)

* One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Get Backers (M), Trigun, Cowboy Bebop (M), Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo (M), Black Lagoon (M), Claymore (M), Baccano!, Berserk(M), Yu Yu Hakusho, Ghost in the Shell (M), Gunslinger Girls, Noir (M) (Action)

* Maison Ikkoku, Kimagure Orange Road, Touch, H2, Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Hiatari Ryokou, Miyuki, Kare Kano, Suzuka, Peach Girl (M), Inu Yasha, Emma, Hana Yori Dango (Romance +/- Comedy)

* Vampire Knight, Hellsing (M), XXXHolic, Tenjo Tenge (M), Sazan Eyes (M), Witch Hunter Robin, Karin, Inu Yasha, Card Captor Sakura, Tsubasa Chronicle, Fancy Lala, Ah My Goddess (Supernatural)

* Honey and Clover, Ichigo 100%, Nodame Cantabile, Glass Mask, Skip Beat, Paradise Kiss (M) Nana (M), Aria, Genshiken (M) (Slice of Life,Drama)

* Evangelion (M), Akira (M), Shigurui (M), Hell Girl (M), Air (M),Elf~A Tale of Memories (M) (Psychological)

* Evangelion (M), GunXSword (M), Code Geass (M), Eureka 7, Macross Saga (Note: PLEASE do NOT watch Macross 7 or its many ugly iterations. There. Now you cant say I didnt warn you...) , Robotech Saga (Note: This IS different from Macross), Zegapain, Gundam (Mecha)

* Legend of the Galactic Heros, Galaxy Express 999, Galaxy Railways, Harlock Saga, Space Battleship Yamato, Crest of the Stars (M), Banner of the Stars (M) (Space Opera) [Yes... this used to be a good genre... no modern series has earned the distinction of being tagged to this genre...]

* Slam Dunk, Whistle, Hajime No Ippo, Hungry Heart, Major, Captain Tsubasa, H2, Cross Game, Initial D, Yawara, Hikaru No Go, Bamboo Blade, Ookiku Furikabutte (Sports)

NOTE: Series which are followed by an (M) indicate that these may have either objectionable content or those which may just fly clean over the heads of... shall we say... 'kids'... I wont specify an age limit since those really dont matter anymore...

NOTE: These series are mostly all meant as recommendations to the more 'matured' anime viewer... of course there are some that the n00bs will dig... but to get the puns or the meaning/significance of the series.... in the case of most of the series up there... you will need to have been a fan for a while...

NOTE: Some series may be cross listed... but thats cause they may fit more than one genre very well... you must realize that its often hard to pin down one genre for a series...

NOTE: My memory is notoriously poor... there are chances I have missed out on some series which I may have recommended elsewhere... or which are just plain good... My apologies for that... in case youre unsure about ANY series... shoot me a PM... chances are good that I have seen it...

Cheers... Happy Viewing...

BTW I will be making threads for these series in the Anime section soon... feel free to help me out...

5Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

try perfect blue

6Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Ithil

Ithil
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

CHI'S SWEET HOME!

Razz Absolutely unobjectionable content. And it's really cute.

7Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:52 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Is this what is known as the "kawaii neko chan" fetish?? Scary!!

8Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:02 am

kyo

kyo

add One Outs to sports or maybe thriller/mystery(ish)....

9Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:03 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Jin wrote:try perfect blue

Isn't Perfect Bue an Anime Movie? The one about an actress who is caught in the red side of the world? (If you get my drift...) I heard it is quite good. Buuut, I have an AMV of it, and it's...not exactly what you might call attractive (though the song is nice), so I don't really know what to make of it.

10Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:53 pm

Ithil

Ithil
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

DIE HARD wrote:Is this what is known as the "kawaii neko chan" fetish?? Scary!!
Not everything's a fetish. I just happen to like cats. Smile

11Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:29 am

kyo

kyo

Look alive people.... recommending shows is nice..... but how about actually talking about em for a change??.... manga and anime threads are pretty much all dead....

Add Eden of the East if its not already up there.... definitely a good reco for Ithil and Arrow even if Arrow is not an anime guy....

12Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:13 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

What's the point in watching Vampire Knight or Vampire Knight Guilty?Both the series end midway without finishing the story which kinda irritates me to no end.Much better to read the manga.
Same with Skip Beat..although I hear they're gonna make a second season.Is that true?
Meanwhile I need recommendations for good mecha cum romance anime...like Full Metal Panic!.This show was hilarious and kept me engrossed till the very end.Not a single dull moment.
You people know of any series like that?...not too old please.

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

13Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:52 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

"Same with Skip Beat..although I hear they're gonna make a second season."-- whoa!! Can anyone confirm this? If it's true then it's awesome!!
Another anime that stopped mid way through was Beck... I was thoroughly disappointed with the ending.
@May-chan: Have you tried code geass or gurren lagann? (though not much romance in either of them)

14Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:37 am

kyo

kyo

Cant wait for Skip Beat S2... I will really be surprised if they dont have one....

15Anime Suggestions Empty Re: Anime Suggestions Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Ah well! I just finished watching REC. It's cute. Yeah - It's cute alright. Next in my list are (again) SHAFT productions.

-Dance in the Vampire Bund.
-Ef, A Tale of Two.
-Bakemonogatari.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum