AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Youre Under Arrest

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Youre Under Arrest Empty Youre Under Arrest Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:14 am

kyo

kyo

To start off... let me just say that this is one of the first anime I watched... EVER... the first would actually be Robotech Saga on DD... this was probably #2 and #3 might have been Ninku... both on AXN... and there was Fuusgigi Yuugi as well I suppose....

In my humble opinion... this is the comedy genre at its very best... nothing comes close... The humor is clean... moral content is high and the series will never fail to bring a smile to your face... they just done make them like this anymore... I mean really... of course the recent iteration of this series has disappointed me... but S1 and S2 ROCK!! Only S1 and the specials have been dubbed... and the dubs are not bad... S2 wasnt touched... and the new season... well I dunno about that... but the subs which I saw confirmed my fears that YUA went down a notch rather than up...

Read my review at animeindia.com for a full blast of my fanboy gushing... other reviews on-site are also good... some by the venerable Durach (for those of you who knew her from Aniamxindia)...

I guess I didnt say why the others didnt come close to this one... well... there is stiff competition in terms of the number of laughs I get out of a series... but the other series all lacked something that YUA really excels at... superb moral building plots... this is truly a family viewing anime... from kids to adults... everyone will find something to laugh about and will gain a moral lesson at the same time... I mean sure... Slam Dunk makes me laugh just as much... but watching Sakuragi compete with Rukawa for Harukos affections does not really add to moral fiber when contrasted with a group of policemen and policewomen working together to rescue a person attempting suicide (it really is a lot more hilarious than it sounds... and yes... morals do come into play...)

Character art by Atsuko Nakajima made the day for me... and in case you guys didnt know... he did the works for Get Backers as well... and here are links to my favorite anime pics of all time...

http://insaneanime.ning.com/photo/photo/slideshow?albumId=2616651:Album:15580

*Drool* Miyuki and Natsumi look sooooo HAWT!! And with Ban and Ginji!! What a killer combo... Had to shop one of the images together... you can tell from the creepy line in the middle... was a lot more difficult than it looks...

2Youre Under Arrest Empty Re: Youre Under Arrest Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:40 am

Ampitup

Ampitup

You're Under Arrest and Ninku, takes me back to the old AXN days.

3Youre Under Arrest Empty Re: Youre Under Arrest Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:55 am

kyo

kyo

Indeed.... didnt think people from that era were still around... I forget... did they ever air S2 of YUA on AXN? I doubt it...

4Youre Under Arrest Empty Re: Youre Under Arrest Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:28 pm

kyo

kyo

You have got to be freaking kidding me!!!! Sentai (formerly ADV) is FINALLY going to release S2 of YUA on DVD!!!! BOO-YAH!!!! Why did I get this news so late?? The DVD's will start shipping only in November though... think I will put myself down for a preorder anyway... I should be screaming this from the rooftops... but I doubt too many others will care... truly sad...

5Youre Under Arrest Empty Re: Youre Under Arrest Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:37 pm

Wolfman

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

I watched the first season. I kind of got bored. I don't know which aspect of the show I disliked but I really didn't get the drive to download the second season....

6Youre Under Arrest Empty Re: Youre Under Arrest Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:52 pm

kyo

kyo

Aargh!!.... Shot through the heart.... I die... Why wolfy? WHY? *Dies*

But I guess the young'uns will have a hard time really liking this show... I mean... they really dont make shows like this anymore... clean humor and overall moral building plots in mostly all the epis....

Whats sad is that they started to go towards the standard ecchi / slapstick humor in the Mini Specials and Full Throttle...

Just one quick question... didja watch it on subs or dubs? and in general... what format (i.e. subs or dubs) do you prefer?.

Lets see... 1st Season... Check... Movie... Check... Mini Specials Check.... 2nd Season Pre Order... Check... Full Throttle.... Bee Bee! Need to get that...

7Youre Under Arrest Empty Re: Youre Under Arrest Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Wolfman

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

kyo wrote: 

Just one quick question... didja watch it on subs or dubs? and in general... what format (i.e. subs or dubs) do you prefer?.
I watched it in subs. I hate dubs >_< But Berserk's English dub was awesome, dunno who dubbed it though.
Maybe I'll download the second season after all. I find it really difficult to comment on this series, I can neither say I like it nor can I say I dislike it >_>

8Youre Under Arrest Empty Re: Youre Under Arrest Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:59 pm

kyo

kyo

Well I thought that the dubs for this series were very well done... dont wanna force you into doing anything youd rather not... but you should try dubs for this one...

9Youre Under Arrest Empty Re: Youre Under Arrest Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Ithil

Ithil
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

What a great series! Reminds me that I haven't got the second season. Should do that sometime.

10Youre Under Arrest Empty Re: Youre Under Arrest Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:36 am

kyo

kyo

You can still find it on torrents if I am not mistaken. I wanna rewatch it sometime soon myself.... waiting for my DVD's!!!!

11Youre Under Arrest Empty Re: Youre Under Arrest Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:43 pm

kyo

kyo

DVD's in the mail a few days ago... watched one last night to stave off depression from having to get my comp reformatted.....

No dual audio.... just subs.... which is actually good.... I doubt the English VA's from the 1st season are around.... and they did too good a job to be matched by anyone else....

Animation has been remastered or something..... looks a lot crisper and cleaner than the fansubs I remember seeing.... subs leave something to be desired though....

The light is green? WTF ppl... she said the light is BLUE (Aoi)... get with the program.... just cause you go on green in practically every other country does not mean you can rope Japan into the mix..... a few other bloopers.... but on the whole they can be forgiven.... besides I was just too excited to have the 2nd season on DVD.... still waiting on the next 13 epis to be released... will preorder those too....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum