AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hana Yori Dango

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hana Yori Dango Empty Hana Yori Dango Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:35 am

kyo

kyo

A rom com/slice of life from way back.... not as old as KOR or MI though... but the characters are using pagers.... rather than cellphones...

Anyway... Our heroine... Makino Tsukushi is enrolled in Eitoku Academy.... a high school meant for the wealthy elite... however she is a mere commoner... who only entered the school due to the whim of her parents... She absolutely detests the vagaries and spoiled nature of her rich classmates...

Anyway.... in Eitoku Academy.... there is one all powerful group... the F4... composed of the four sons of the richest and most powerful families in the country... Donmyoji Tsukasa, Mimisaka Akira, Nishikado Sojiro and Hanazawa Rui... these four rule the school with an iron fist... crushing anyone who even slightly offends them... however... they are still admired by the rest of the student body.... (cause theyre rich and handsome)...

Makino hates them all with a passion... but she know that she cannot oppose them and so she chooses to remain quiet... so that she can have a peaceful high school life...

One day though... the F4 target one of Makinos friends... she snaps and yells at Donmyoji... which leads to her being 'red tagged' i.e. she is their newest target...

What will Makino do now?? Will her hopes for a peaceful High School life go down the tubes?? Lets see...

This series is pretty good actually... and was popular enough to inspire a Korean Live action version apart from 2 Japanese Live action seasons plus a Movie... the music is pretty good also...

2Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:04 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

any pics?

3Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:26 am

kyo

kyo

http://leslielinda.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/hana-yori-dango-8.jpg

http://www.niko-niko.net/hana/title.jpg

You will find a lot more pic's of the Drama series... supposedly it was a smash hit in Japan... watched it myself s'matter of fact... not bad...

4Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

boys over flowers? ftw?

5Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:47 am

kyo

kyo

Yeah... thats its English name... guess I forgot to mention that huh? My bad... but yeah... ppl should go for it... All of its various iterations did not disappoint... fact is the only iteration I have not seen is the Korean version...

6Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

sounds yaoi!

7Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:54 am

kyo

kyo

2 Hardcore playboys... A guy obsessed with his childhood friend (now supermodel) and an Autocrat with a sister complex... hardly a yaoi combo...

8Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:38 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

thats a relief
does it have fan service?
Very Happy

9Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:00 am

kyo

kyo

Old School anime... so not much... but there is some... come to think of it... it has been too long since I saw it myself... I just saw the dramas recently...

10Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:17 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

how many epi's?

11Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:07 am

kyo

kyo

I think it is 52 epis spread over 2 seasons... and then there's the drama... dunno if you're interested in that...

12Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

52 epi's?
and a drama wow thats boring

13Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:55 am

kyo

kyo

Wow... so you can peg a series before watching it? Thats great... Plenty of short, cliched slapstick humor and fan service loaded anime out there for ya.... heres one... Nagasarete Airanto....

14Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Artemis93

Artemis93
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

i've read the manga, some 200+ chapters

its pretty enjoyable

15Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:55 am

kyo

kyo

Hmm... someone else found it enjoyable... good to have some company....

16Hana Yori Dango Empty Re: Hana Yori Dango Sun May 27, 2012 4:39 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

Loved this series. Although the ending is a bit abrupt and disappointing. Better to read the manga to find out what really happened in the end. A task I must undertake some day.

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]